Show the Home Base you've built (Tylöveden, Farmlands)

Night pic.

5 Likes

I would love to join you in this Bert. I’ve so many ideas - I hope May sticks

*also - some nice shots here →

1 Like

Here’s my 1st iteration. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Btw, i hit the “Cannot Build - Limit Reached!” in every category. :unamused:
Except stations since i don’t need FMTEL and bike rack.

Overall view, with entry doors on all 4 sides:

SW corner, where i expect the heaviest attack.

NW corner, overlooking the most likely source of attack route. Pillbox just below me.

NE corner. Some additional reinforcement, just in case.

South side. I expect the least amount of attacks from this side.

Inner core, in case the outer perimeter is breached.

Inside view.

With recycling station and ammo crafting on one side.

And plundra with apparel crafting on another side.

View from the spawn point.

View from the inner core watchtower. Plenty of lights for illumination during the night.

View from the inner core watchtower, towards the area where most likely the heaviest attacks would come.

Night shot during construction, to showcase the base lillumination.

5 Likes

I hope so for you. The base building is really fun to do.

1 Like

I see you went for big. Looks great.

2 Likes

Here’s 2nd iteration of my base, after learning from where machines come from and where they don’t.

Only change was that i moved the pillbox that previously covered the South side (where i didn’t expect getting almost any attacks and didn’t get any), to the West side, next to a gate, where most of the machines attacked from.

1 Like

Made the finishing touches to the base…

You fancy putting a route guide together @Aesyle for what direction they come?
(* lIke a pic with arrows )

1 Like

I can do that, or i can make a “Homeward Bound” challenge guide in the forums, since that challenge requires you to survive all three difficulty levels of base attack (easy, medium and hard).

Currently, i’ve completed easy and medium, with recorded gameplay videos. Today, i’ll try my hand on the hard and after success + topic creation, you all can see how i fared and what machines, from which direction they came. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And the guide is ready: Guide: "Homeward Bound" challenge :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Today I added a third wall defence, after some hunters broke away a gate.

2 Likes

My base is pretty sturdy, I have plans to add one more wall once I get some more wood. At the time of it,s completion, over 1000 pieces of wood will have been used in its construction. The grenade launchers do most of the work during base defense. No enemy has ever been able to breach my first wall and make it inside.

3 Likes

The base is complete!

East Side Defenses

North Side Defenses

West Side Defenses

Shooting Range

Traps on the North Side

View of all 4 walls.

This base is really sturdy and no enemy has ever been able to breach the outer wall. The only way that my command center has ever been damaged was when a tank launched a mortar at me and missed.

The Grenade Launcher Defenses do a lot of the work and are really efficient overall. I have yet to test out the Spike Traps but I do not think I will be disappointed. This is a Generation Zero style Minas Tirith!

3 Likes

Just to clarify. Attack level of the base sides.

North: Extreme
South: Low
East: High
West: Moderate

1 Like

I like it, very impressive!!

2 Likes

Thank You,
like I said before, probably about One Thousand Wood was used in it’s construction, and I still have room for some more watch towers. I was just playing Base Defense on Medium ( my favorite ) and the Grenade Launchers are a huge help. The spike traps worked well too.
Great job on every part of the base mechanics. The only thing I can really pick at is the lighting. It can be tough with a big base but I have managed to light up key areas and the surrounding area with the floodlights. The floodlights are amazing, but the streetlights could put out more light.

1 Like

This is mine currently.

The 2 rings of walls and gates are all double-stacked back-to-back, providing a shooting floor, with ramps in the inner faces + external corners, plus staggered shooting areas and traps along each external face.

It’s got great sight lines, defence and mobility.

3 Likes

Kept it simple.

Four layers of wall providing two trenches to fire from besides the towers.

But now when I made the “Bringer of Bacon” award, I not sure how often I will play base defense.

2 Likes

I highly recommend that you both get the Base Defense Pack. The Grenade Launcher Turrets are AMAZING!

Nice bases both of you, I still have some wood left and you guys gave me the idea to double up my walls. I think I’ll try it on the outer layer.

I think that Flamethrowers are the only thing capable of damaging my base right now. I could literally go AFK during base defense.

1 Like

I do have the base building pack and have one grenade launcher facing the “most open area” where the tanks usually spawn in.

My experience is that I have to be very active during base defense (as it should be?). If I would leave everything to the turrets, the base would be totally in ruins and the mission would fail.

I’m playing mostly easy missions on adventure or skirmish. Playing medium missions even on adventure is a 1/3 chance to get my a** handed to me. Hunters with rail guns will one shoot a pillbox, so AFK is not an option!

1 Like