Skills Respec please

If I could upvote your comment 2 more times I would.

There are plenty of ingame devices available for a remote hack or even reverse engineering a machine to fight by your side.

Additionally, a computer hacking could: counter hunter drops, get the machines to retreat, change their IDF to see you as another friendly, force them into a CC mode, slow them down (your DoS attack), give you a new ally, force them to protect humans (robotics law 1).

There’s so much potential with the hacking skill

1 Like

Folks, let’s keep the discussion on-topic (skill respec), rather than continuing off topic chatter (hacking).

//Mod

I like the Borderlands3 way of respecing. 10% of a certain currency (e.g. metal) to reset the tree. The recycle station could do it.

2 Likes

1 day CD once you completed the main mission

Ok, maybe not an ideal solution but one that I think we could all live with.
So prestige is global, unlock the challenges and the emotes and titles are available for any and all characters.
This means the data is tied to the player and not the character.
So what if the prestige meant that you could create a new character but any new character would have a number of free levels at creation depending on prestige amount.
There are currently just shy of 200 prestige points available (if I have counted right)
What if new characters got 1 level for each 10 prestige points up to 21 levels?
It wouldn’t be a complete respec but it would be easier to start over without that early grind in a game where those lucrative missions aren’t repeatable.

Just wanted to add my two cents.

We need a respec option. I have two level 31 characters that I’ve played since day one on Xbox and there are still things I’d like to try or change. I just dont have the time to start a new character.

Respec please!

2 Likes

I think with the upcoming DLC update, a Skills Respec is even more necessary, the game changed a lot in the last 4 months, and changes are constant now, experimental weapons are hard to come by and so is top 5 tier gear and there is even the limited timed events, we should not have to start fresh to change the skills, loosing all weapons and limited time outfits in the progress.

4 Likes

For the love of this game developers please add a skill reset function its not that hard

I really want to have this chance, after playing for a long time I would like the skills that best suit my style of play.
I never took skills seriously, but now I realize they make the difference between life and death (mine of course)

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

My biggest complaint and main reason I stop playing for months at a time is, No way to reset skills.
I play solo and I would like to be able to reset rather then make a whole new character.
Im sure it was made this way on purpose but its worst way.
It sucks that I need to make a whole new toon because I put a skill in something that sounded cool but like most things was Meh.
Would be nice, but I will from now on wait a couple months before I think about buying games they make. I bought this because of The Hunter, my mistake.

1 Like

It has indeed been said before by many people which is why I am moving the post here.

//Mod

1 Like

Respec has been many a times been requested, and I too am all for it.
Strange, seeing this is a VERY logical request, it has not been implemented yet…

1 Like

Or perhaps devs have decided that once you make your choice regarding skills, there is no take back, no 2nd chance?

Then again, if one is so desperate to get another set of skills, one can always make a new char and spec him/her as one pleases. That takes away the need for respec IMO.

3 Likes

Issue, miss, is that when all missions were completed, it would take a long time to do so.
And not many want to invest in it.
Or… can…
Some work, and do not have the time for longer game sessions…

2 Likes

It is so in almost all of the games. Progression takes time.
In some games, it takes little time; in other games, it takes a LOT of time (years).

Having all unlocked for you from the start wouldn’t make it much of a game, wouldn’t it? Sure, you can have the kick for seeing/getting everything at once but that excitement lasts for a very short time. And that is the reason why almost all games have progression.

2 Likes

Absolutely not, miss.
Hence my regular request for a new, harder, more challenging mode option. :slight_smile:

I agree, miss.
But the difference of getting a new character to 31, or a secondary if you have no missions left, is… a lot.
Some cannot care to “go through that”, or have the time to do so…

What I find bizarre, miss, is when you create a secondary character, mission progress is shared.
It would be logical that gained experience and skill points would also be shared then.
But that is not the case…
Strange…?

Your bang on mate.

IF each character has its own independantly tracked map, and progress - there would be no issues for tracking and mission progress ( at least in solo ) allowing an independent play though.

But it doesn’t, it’s shared - and has caused the same issue since day dot. So what are you left with?

2 Likes

Precisely, sir.
It’s bizarre, one can make a “new” secondary character… that ain’t NEW at all?
I tried to understand this move, but I fail horribly at it.
To me, sir, a “new” character should be just that… new…?

I think you do understand. Aesyle explained that the extra characters are meant for players to switch between characters that have a different skill set. Not for starting a new game +.

3 Likes