Skills Respec please

I fully read you there, man. I have a wife and a 2 year old myself, so my time is very limited. I’ve played this game since release, and only managed to clock in 86 hours so far. My character is approaching lvl. 29 now, so the level cap obviously hasn’t bothered me yet.
I took a break from august - november where I played Borderland 3. In that game I think I reached lvl. 40 in about 20 hours, so there’s a quicker pace if I want some!
Unfortunately I’ve never played any RE game, Sekiro or the Souls games.
My all-time favorite game is Fallout: New Vegas. :blush:

i have finished both New vegas and Fallout 4. But that was BEFORE we got smaller kids :wink:

1 Like

Respect would be good but at the moment the dev’s are working on getting new characters to start fresh with all missions it’s an easier option then trying to respec which require a huge coding work.
But do agree with NJR87 each dlc should come with level increase

Merged a whole bunch of threads about skill respec suggestions. Discuss it here.

/Mod

1 Like

Hello, newcomer here.

I’m playing with 2 friends. We really have limited time together(different locations, different time zones). After reaching mainland we are only getting started to understand the mechanics of the game. Naturally some of us made wrong decisions about skill points.

We don’t want to restart to game just to possibly make another mistake down the line.
So options are :
1- play to finish the game with less personalization
2- stop playing because we can’t play with the style we want

Yea man you’re totally right. Generation Zero is so amazing that I’ve even seen Dota and Minecraft players having their interest piqued into this game even though they were totally strangers to this genre. Yet there are things that can easily put new players (and a fortiori new to the genre) off of this game. Skill respec is one of these. There should be a skill respec when you reach the mainland and possibly when you reach level 31. GZ takes so long to get into, and progression is rather slow (which is a good thing imo but you have to adapt other stuff), so you make mistake on your first playthrough.
On my 3rd playthrough I came back into GZ after a long time, forgot about level cap and I didn’t even get a specialization lol it’s ridiculous (my fault but still, very punishing)

And preferably at will. Or without some crazy resource cost. It is awful to find out you wasted points on things you thought would be helpful. Also it would be fun to be able to try out other playstyles.

Merged threads.

//Mod

I’m hoping a skill respec option is coming since this last update because a lot of us are having to rethink our strategies regarding machine behavior. Used to be able to go in guns blazing but that is no longer the case.

1 Like

I’d love to respec into 100% Vanguard. :fire:

First of all, I understand that the devs want different players in a group to specialize in different things so that together they make up a well-rounded team, but that doesn’t work for solo players. Solo players have to be well rounded by themselves, and spreading that well-roundedness across multiple characters doesn’t work. My character that specializes in survival (with a larger amount of health) can’t benefit from my character that specializes in support’s increased healing. There is no conceivable situation in which I would want a larger base health pool but not the ability that allows me to be efficient when healing said larger health pool. This is just a poorly thought out measure. This limit is a serious turn off for me, and I might leave the game because of it. At the very least players should have the option to respec their ability points so that they aren’t punished for not knowing about the level cap, which is never mentioned anywhere in the game. If players put off getting certain perks until later without realizing that there is a level cap then they might be up a creak without a paddle when they reach level 31. And reaching level 31 on a new character can take upwards of 100 hours. This is not a fun game mechanic, and it actually detracts from the game as a whole.

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

I don’t see why a skill Respec / Reset option hasn’t been added. I’m not sure what happens after you finish all the main missions and/or side missions in the game as I’m not there yet. BUT, not having a Respec option now is a bit brutal.

Currently, the only reason for me to create additional characters is for the inventory space. As mission progress appears to be account bound, all my characters would be gimped going into the game now at level 1 compared to my level 20 character.

When I get capped out at 31 I’ll consider it, but as things are now, I don’t see a big incentive to go back and play the game again after beating it. Allowing Respec would add an incentive to experiment with different builds. Grinding again to level 31 on three more characters is NOT my idea of fun with this game. The time investment required for the payoff simply isn’t worth it.

3 Likes

If the devs are not going to add skills respec, then please at least add some info to the Hacking specialty skill, stating that it only works on small enemies, and about 15-30% of the time.

The current description is false marketing, pure and simple.

1 Like

It isn’t false marketing since you can use Hacking skill to make machines attack each other. If you couldn’t use Hacking to do what was advertised then yes, it would be false marketing. But you can.

What it doesn’t include is the diminishing chance to hack more advanced machines (e.g proto tank 20% chance, FNIX tank 10% chance).

After maybe a hundred attempts, I’ve yet to hack anything larger than a hunter

I’m sure the machines use the same OS, you should have the same success no matter what you are hacking. For a top tier skill it’s not that useful.

Other factors should play into it…schematics, quality of equ you are using, etc.

The only difference one should run into is the length of time to hack, proximity to a relay station or how long the system stays your control

2 Likes

I tried and made another but being at the same spot story wise SUCKS. I mean lvl 1 where im at lvl 26 come on. either let us respec or new toon new world. I solo. I Co-oped once didn’t like it haven’t since. Not having anything but being where they basically just look at me I die really Sucks Ba*ls.

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

Now we’re talking!
I mean, I get game mechanic of using binoculars as the targeting medium for the hack, but we should be able to get something a little more techy and way cooler then that.

Maybe a field radio, modified to pick up nearby waves and feeding them back, well placed near a stereo to lure enemies in, and when they get close they suffer a temporary feedback loop, basically DDoS’ing themselves.

2 Likes