Skills Respec please

Well, currently, there isn’t anything left to do once the missions are done. Except for grinding equipment for… yeah, for what? The game is over, finished.

So unless there is more, and more challenging game content coming, the level cap fits its purpose for me in trying to ensure toughness up to this point.

I agree with the cap but, being able to respec my character every couple of thousand xp or every 30 hrs played or ,however they decide to do it, would be a great way to experiment with diff skill trees. Would like to try new things w/o starting a new character. Im like a lot of people who have hundreds of hours invested in my current build and have no interest in starting from scratch.

1 Like

I also agree that there should be a respec, prefferably with a cooldown. However I’d also like to suggest to take out the Carry Capacity Skill and make the entire Inventory available for everyone from the start. With the current situation of very limited storage capacity in general, it’s a must have skill anyway and such should not be offered as “choice” but given outright.

2 Likes

Alternately, let us keep picking up skill points indefinitely, but put an, “active,” cap of 30 skills, without regard to the unlock chains. So we could keep earning the ability to unlock skill points, but would be limited to a 30 point build that we could customize, probably at a fixed location like war boards or stashes.

4 Likes

This is a really good idea I support this!

1 Like

With skill points being so limited right now it is something of a dirty trick to make me waste them on meaningless useless garbage to get to ones that actually do something useful for me. The 30 points could mostly get me the build I want if I could avoid the wasted points.

2 Likes

That or couple this to backpacks you can find and their upgrades.

It would be a different story, if they would logically build upon another. But they don’t in many cases.

@pegnose, didn’t you go into chemistry to learn how to pick locks!?

2 Likes

True. Now that I think about it…

Yeah if they would unlock carry capacity id prob be willing to start another character build. One less thing to grind for.

One respec every 10 levels would suffice.
3 is MORE than sufficient over the whole game.

Just thinking about how respec would work… how to handle this case?
There’s a skill to add rows to inventory. If you reset all your skills, in theory you would no longer have those rows. What happens to the gear in them? Do you expect to be able to unlock that gear at a later time, or does it vanish into nothing? Is it fair to expect people to carry around gear they don’t have the capacity to carry?

2 Likes

That’s an unfortunate case, yes. But if it is the only problematic case, it can be worked around. It has even been suggested to take inventory space out of the skill tree, because basically everyone will want these and you could couple them to other aspects of the game (e.g. backpacks and backpack upgrades).

For re-speccing I could see the option to re-distribute 10 skill points every 10 levels. But you have to remove skills from the bottom, of course. That way you re-fill your skill point pool and can re-distribute them as you like. Like that you have basically 5 levels of time (on average) to evaluate skills.

Or you could get re-spec point that could even accumulate, and you could use them at a time of your choosing.

1 Like

All would be dumped into an Overflow for the inventory.
If you do not take the skill back, you drop it 2.5 real hours after respec (giving you plenty time to Plundra it).
After that it vanishes/drops.

Simple. :slight_smile:

90% of people would use their points straight away, so if you remain in the skill tree menu the loot stays with you until you exit to the game world giving you the option to put the points back into carry capacity skill, could be a viable solution

1 Like

Indeed.
And for those NOT taking the inventory skill back as well, as their stuff would sit for 2.5 real time hours in the overflow.
Unless they ignore or forget the overflow if not retaking the skill, all is well.

Aside, smart folks would respec in their safe house, I mean, it would be rather very stupid to do this in the open field, aye? :smiley:

All hypothetical but if you respec and dont pick back up the extra inventory skill, one solution would be that it could let you keep and use the items taking up the extra spaces but not let you pick anything else up until you use the space up.

1 Like

That could work for sure it would make people manage their inventory space better, but to be honest we should of had access to full inventory from the start and maybe weight restricted and not space resticted

2 Likes

That would be… cheating, I guess…
Why, btw, would you do that?
I mean, plundra?
We already have FAR too much storage as is?

I just meant it was a possible solution to this

I guess a better solution would be for the game to just drop whatever you have in the other rows on the ground and make you rearrange your inventory to pick back up what you want. common sense would be to drop things off in the plundra first but you know most people won’t do that and would be on here complaining that they lost their weapons.

it doesn’t really matter because it’s not even an option at this point

4 Likes