Something “GenZ” to watch over Xmas

Hi all.

I may have mentioned this back in the summer, but for those looking to watch something different, I would highly highly recommend the following:

War of the Worlds Season 1 (2020)

District 9 (2009)

Chappie (2015)

Upgrade (2018)

And if your into your tech and dark web underworld - Mr.Robot 100%

3 Likes

Dude 100% on district 9! That movies so underrated!

The true Christmas movie is The Thing (1982)! After that it’s nice to watch The Thing (2011) even though the butchered the monster on it with CGI.

I didn´t really liked war of the worlds.
That last episode was just :-1::man_shrugging:
They ruined it.
Could have been so much better.

District nine is a big film.

It’s all about the prawns

The Thing is top 3 Sci Fi of all time.

It’s clever because of the setting and the complete isolation. And man, the CGI - so terrible it’s brilliant :joy:

I couldn’t agree more.

Potential is such and understatement. It gave me exactly the same feeling as that Sandra Bollock film birdbox…it just ends and that’s it.

I also throw you this one, and to be fair - I’ve literally within weeks only heard it myself. I often see myself both in the real and the business world putting myself in other peoples shoes and perspective - and consider it from their point of view.

I offer this : put yourself in a time where there was only radio. A family event that is planned - and followed religiously back in 1938. You can see why New Yorkers actually fled their houses :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Well we have " A quiet place" it´s better than Birdbox although being noise the main issue.
There is also another movie that is good for the first hour and then it becomes a bit of a disappointment, “The Silence”
Well following what happened during that radio transmission, something similar could happen sooner than expected.
It´s a matter of time but it´s possible Holograms already have been developed.
If that is the case and if someone manages to put a stunt of a gigantic and scary space ship hovering above a city, at least for half a hour before discovering there is not a real object, then there would be caos on the streets, just like with the 1938 Orson Welles broadcast.

1 Like

Tales from the loop” - when someone is tired of all those gunshots, explosions and aliens :wink:

5 Likes

Very Good series…but very depressing, almost every single episode is tragic :pensive: .
I really wanted for them to have a better “ending”.
People are not perfect, but they deserved better.

For those that like Sci-FI as @AliasDJA.
Some other TV suggestions of various themes.

• Falling skies
  • Colony (there was not end season but it´s still worth it)
  • The expanse
  • Lost in Space
  • The 100
  • The man in the High Castle
  • Stranger things
  • Westworld
2 Likes

Black Mirror - Specifically Season 3

1 Like

Great space-opera to watch. Though, first 3 seasons are great but 4th season was a big let-down.

For other space-operas in similar nature to watch:

• Killjoys
  • Dark Matter (canceled after season 3 but still good watch)
  • Babylon 5
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Stargate SG-1 (+ Stargate: Atlantis + Stargate: Universe as well)
2 Likes

not a movie, but a book i think you’d like: Robopocalypse by Daniel H. Wilson.

1 Like

Oh, has nobody mentioned Blade Runner (1982) yet? :slight_smile:

While that one is one of my favorite sci-fi movies, I somehow haven’t prioritized watching the 2017 sequel yet, and that one’s supposedly good to. Guess I’ll have to make time. :slight_smile:

Richard Dean Anderson SG1 first though :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You know, I was a little deflated with 2049.

It’s good…as a sequel - respectfully references the original I just expected more. I’m also convinced there’s also a reference from that film in game

Oh, and on the topic of man vs machine:

2001: A Space Odyssey
2010: The Year We Make Contact

I didn´t mention those because i thought it was “too much SCI FI” for you guys.
It´s a shame Dark matter didn´t have a End season, it was very interesting.
Babylon 5 is a bit old, but it was interesting to see.
Battlestar galactica (2004-2008 i guess?) had very interesting battles.
Stargate? Well one of my favourite shows, you have funny actors, action, aliens, space battles and weird stories and the visuals are not bad at all, what´s not to like?