Spoiler Bug (DLC Mission): Defend the hotel (Unable to complete "The Resistance")

I see there is no bug, you must fight down the Maschines very fast. Gather much mines and make a good minefild around the Hotel especially on the side Terasse and at the back corner. A Hunter runs there and lurks there. When you lay two or three mines at this corner, he is blind enough to step on them :joy:
When you go out the back entrance at the bar on the right Hand, there coming every time some runners that keep firing at the Hotel wall. Make a Minefield there and blow them away :wink:
Take your Iron broom (the KVM59) and the Pansavernsgevär cal 50 and tell the flamethrowers the new houserules.
With that i think you will make the mission. Pay atention at the lifebar in the left upper corner of your screen. It shows how strong they have damaged the Hotel.
Once you have finished the mission take some bottles out of the winecellar.:grin::laughing:

No, mine really was broken (I have no idea if it still is). I got the wrong number of waves, in the wrong places and the hotel lifeline was only halfway down when I had to go back and talk to Anita.

I’ll recruit some likely lads in a bit and give it another try…

Have send your safety file to Avalanche_knivspark ? pherhaps your savefile is broken. I had send mine to knivspark and he told me that all is OK with mine. A little more up in this topic is my communication about that issue.

Could it be that you where to far from the Hotelground so you have leave the fightin area. That can happen when you fight them outside the hotel. It could be happen too when you together with some gunslingers and one of them leaves the area, then the mission stops and you have to talk to Anita.

If you look at the top, dear boy, you’ll find it was my topic! :laughing:

Yes you’ re right :grin: but i thought i had the same problem cause i stucked in this mission.

After reading this entire thread (and struggling with this issue for several real-life days), I would suggest a couple of feature requests:

1. When the mission fails, reset the player as well as the hotel. Especially restore ammunition. The mission is most frustrating because one can go through a thousand bullets or more, only to fail and not have enough ammunition to try again.

2. During the mission, there is a display of current wave progress: “x of 4”. That’s wrong, because there are twelve waves. After the first four, or first eight, it appears that the mission is bugged when there are four more. Just tell the truth: “x of 12” waves.

If the above two changes were made, then this mission would simply be “difficult” rather than “impossible” (or nearly impossible).

PS: The entire DLC is brilliant. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi I’m currently stuck at Himfjäll and the task “The resistance”.
It says to talk to Anita and I do then she tells me that the Fnix are coming in a couple of waves.
So I kill all waves and then it says: Talk to Anita…she says again that the Fnix is coming and I should defend the Hotel. Now I have done this 4 times and it does not snap out of it.
I can’t in other words finish the task “The Resistance”.
Any help I can get?

/M

1 Like

Stay close to the hotell. If you get to far from it during the fight you have to do the mission again. Don’t go outside the hotel further than the barricades.

1 Like

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Did you not watch Tene do it? You can go further than the barricades, but not as far as the gate. He put mines all over the car park, and the mission worked as it should.

At the side, I don’t know. By all means the tractor is the big trap - when that explodes it has a big effect, so you want to keep the runners from triggering it, so that it takes out the Hunters behind…

I also put mines further away. But during the fight itself it came up that one of us was to far away. And that was a little bit out from the barricades. And then we had to do the mission again.

I did the Mssion the Resistance alone and i can confirm that there is no bug

I used mines to make a minefild at the side terasse and the way what comes from the skilift. At the second wave, the robots com from this direction. Important is to make a minefield beside the terasse behind the bar. And fight the flamethrowers really early.

After that my char was playing Foxy Lady by Jimi Hendrix.

Many thanks @Bootie for creating this topic and thanks a lot to @Xogroroth for donating ammonition, tips and keping me alive with the music he send to me. :grinning::+1::metal:

3 Likes

No sweat… :smiley:

Blah, blah, blah 20 characters…

Platform: - PC

Description:- Alpine Unrest mission on Waves of Machines is not completing. After the 4 waves in front and side are completed, the game sends me back to talk to Anita to restart over and over again.

Steps To Reproduce:- After successfully destroying the front and side waves.

Images / Videos:- No video issues.

Host or Client:- Host

Players in your game:- 1

Specifications- N/A

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

I’m stuck in my game on himfjäll with 4/5 of the hotel defenses up. I got all 5 but the game froze and dashboarded. When I loaded back in, it told me 4/5 were done but there isn’t a 5th one to raise because it’s already raised.

XBOX GT: BC R4PTOR

I’ve recently purchased the Resistance Bundle on the xbox store and have been playing all of the dlc (loving all of it) right up to Alpine Unrest. I had two issues occur after fast traveling back to the hotel.

1. The enemies wouldn’t show up when the wave started, had to leave the game and then log back in for it work correctly (kinda).

2. After completing the 4 waves required the enemies would just not stop spawning afterwards. I even tried letting them destory the hotels defense and then try to restart the mission but would face the same result.