Stash Box sorting

Check your messages my friend.

The inventory management is easily the worst part of the game and I found it to negatively influence my experience. First off, being able to sort each category by weight, alphabetically, by weapon class its used on (for attachements) or rarity etc. and being able to save those filters all the time would be a great help. Moving around stuff like you want should be a standard. There is no in-game or logics explanation for this and there doesn’t have to be, we are talking pure quality of life here.

The next step would be a loot filter and more intuitie controls. I’m on PC and it’s unnerving that I have to click an item and then press E to take it instead of simply having to hover my mouse over it and being able to press E. Then, we need a button for “collect stack” to not have to confirm that we really want to take the whole stack. Did anyone ever loot a rival that dropped 20 shots of 50. cal and thought ‘well, today I’m only taking three of those’? Loot filters that can be configured to ignore certain items would be a boon for quick and eficient looting. Got your resource storage full and only want new resources? Ignore steel, plastic etc. Don’t need any 9mm FMJ ammo? Ignore it while still being able to quickly loot a fallen tank.

This kind of stuff would improve my experience A LOT.

I find it hard at times to locate items in inventory and had to transfer items from storage to char inventory to organize it. Can there be a feature to organize the inventory?

There is a thread for this already. Have a look here Stash Box sorting :sweat_smile:

Thank you for showing me. I have been using my phone to search for topics (which didn’t really help) and ended up making more topics than I should have. After realizing this, I’ve move searching through my computer.

1 Like

Same discussion topics merged.

//Mod

My friends and I have recently comeback to the game after a hiatus. We finished the main story line a while back and have now purchased Alpine Unrest. We are really enjoying it.

What is immediately apparent is the features and upgrades to the game that you have added during our time away. However, there are some improvements that I think everyone would appreciate.

The inventory system needs to be streamlined, both for the regular inventory and clothing.

For the regular inventory (carried and Plundra), it would be extremely useful to be able to sort whichever item type I am looking at by certain relevant information.

• Ammo types: sort by quantity, caliber, guns they work with, etc. Having to scroll through a load of different ammo types looking for 1 in particular is frustrating to say the least (side note: 9mm smg and handgun should really be the same thing, there is no real reason for the two separate types in game). This way all 7.62 types could be next to one another. Or I could just find what I have most of and take that.

• Guns: sort by ammo types, number of crowns, name. Sorting by name will allow me to see if i have multiple of the same type of weapon quickly. sorting by ammo type means my friends don’t have to ask me what type of ammo goes with which gun every time the run out of ammo with one gun or another.

• Attachments: sort by equipped, what it can be attached to, number of crowns. It is not obvious what can be attached to what. Being able to sort by compatible PVG90 attachments (for instance) would be great, instead of having to remember the “rifle scope” doesn’t work with that rifle for some reason.

• Gear (sprocket/cog): sort by gear type (health packs, explosives, noise makers, emp, etc. grouped together), and weight. having to scroll through my inventory looking for simple health packs knowing that they must be in there is infuriating. Same with looking for weight I can drop once waddle mode has been activated.

Secondly the clothing inventory could use a tweaking. Since I can make clothing for different purposes and I can carry an infinite amount of clothing, it would be great if I could quickly find clothing that I like, or that has one advantage or another. Wearing camo to sneak up on baddies and then being able to change into bullet resistant clothing would be ideal. Currently I am afraid If I change my clothes I will lose the shirt I am wearing in a sea similar “less good” shirts.

I know you posted recently about Molotov cocktails and a grenade launcher, maybe being added, and those sound great, as can other big changes to the game I can think of. However, these (I think) smaller requests will go a long way.

I look forward to everything new you bring us in the future! But I am hoping these requests come sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Wholeheartedly agree :slight_smile: I bug the devs about this issue from time to time, but so far I haven’t heard anything definitive :frowning:

I totally agree. The actual “sorting” is a mess. It’s “sorting” changes constantly when things are added or removed making it impossible to even get a grip for once.

It’s even more tiring when the sorting changes all of a sudden.

The whole sorting could be implemented very easily using meta data. For example introducing a meta data key of “caliber” the values could just be in mm (or even in µm for easier sorting; conversions can be found here as an example (sorry it’s in German, couldn’t find a comprehensive list in English) http://www.hassel-online.net/WaffenMun/umrechnungen.html).

For other more arbitrary sorting a fictional ranking can be implemented. For instance in the gear section a integer based ranking can be implemented ranging from 0 to whatever number. The best practice is to have the items rank in 10 or 100 steps leaving enough space to add more items later down the line. This way the user could sort in both directions easily and the sorting algorithm isn’t hardware taxing.

Same feature request topics merged.

Here is also a poll where you can vote about inventory sorting: December Update - Inventory items sorted based on quality level. Like or Don't?

//Mod

Oh my god, yes please, please, please make the boxes/inventories sortable!

Especially having the annoying scrolling text which is running with different offsets for every item makes it almost impossible to find out, how often I actually have this e.g. green weapon attachment. Even only a fixed alphabetical sorting would improve the current situation a lot, as it would be way easier to find out, what attachment of a given type is the best one you currently own (as they would be always next to each other in the list). Now they are all over the place and scrolling text makes it even more confusing. In fact the problem is so annoying 2 of our group quit playing co-op altogether, as plundra-sorting took so long they got bored. Having the need to sort stuff in a group of 4 naturally occurs more frequently as in solo play, so you constantly wait for other players to finish sorting.

I know, fiddling with basic interface stuff is annoying for publishers cause you need to spend devtime on things that do not actually generate content, but give your users at least some of the most basic functionality that is typical in the industry as they need it to interact with and actually play your product. It is not all about generating new content, you also need to make it accessible.

Hey, Inventory sorting is something I’ve brought up with the Devs and they are aware it’s something many, many people want. Now it’s up to them :slight_smile:

Great to hear,

we really love the game and the style a lot. Fingers crossed, we will get a little more day to day convenience in the game. :wink:

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more with your suggestion for ammo sorting. Emptying your inventory and adding things in order is clunky and not a realistic solution.

Consumable and Apparel stations completely lack sorting as well

Reply moved to active topic.

//Mod