[Steam] Help us find bugs connected to performance improvements!

Heyo!
We’ve recently released a test branch on Steam with some pretty big chances to asset streaming (performance stuff). This has led to some unexpected bugs and we’d love to get as much exposure to the build as possible!
If you’d like to contribute to us fixing these bugs and releasing this update as soon as possible, here’s how:

• Head to Steam → right click GZ → Properties → Betas
  • Enter code qZvOkNujkd1VlKf
  • Play the game!

Please report ANY bugs you find in this thread. This will help us fix them ASAP.

You can also import your save:

• Go to Documents → Avalanche Studio → Generation Zero → Saves → (Your Steam ID)
  • Copy the file called savegame
  • Head back to the Saves folder and go into experimental_gz_test → (Your Steam ID). This folder is created after starting the game once.
  • Paste the savefile.
  • DO NOT move the file, copy paste it!

Thank you so much for your help :pray:

3 Likes

New game and save. I’m at Saltham. I’ve got a medkit stuck to my Moller. Visuals were fine until I got to saltham. It floats behind my motorbike as well.

I have a bike stood uprights and another in the same position lying on it’s side. It’s been working fine but I think this time I got off while it was still moving. It is marked as ‘not yours’.

Ive now got a red gas bottle or fuel cell clipping into the selected weapon. All that goes away after a shut down and restart.
Ive now got a field radio and med kit stuck to my weapon:( Its the com10 it’s stuck to.

DLC bikes still need a reset.

First crash. Stenmyra. Nothing much going on. Working my way up the church tower, turned a corner them whamo. Never crashed here in the base game.
Restart put me right back in where I crashed. No loss of game items or progress.

Out at 144 vidsele north.
HAd a frame drop to 26frps for a few seconds, around the time a firebird spawned in.
also had a dislodged tick rack fire animation but no pod then the rack popped in. have seen a few near item pop ins on himjall.

Crash report sent.
Gun club side mission
And again. When I go to shoot the exploder tick next to the second target the game crashes.

You’re pretty busy in testing and reporting. :+1:
Although I’m not a team member or developer or similar, could you please add your system specifications? I guess that should help the team to reproduce the bugs, crashes and to sort out if it’s system-related or a general issue.

it wasnt a requirement

1 Like

It just wasn’t mentioned in this topic, but in the new resistance report.

Himfjall Arms race mission isn’t updating as complete.
I went on to the crashed aircraft mission and completed that. I come to the game today and it’s back to ‘mark all 3 boxes’ in the Arms Race mission.
It’s not saving any progress after logging back in. It is saving my acquired loot though.

That’s me done until youve posted any fix updates.

1 Like

Mission Building Blocks is bugged. There is no FNIX structure, just the the two generators. When I destroyed them I got the message to destroy the command center, but it is not there.

Edit:

I now know what went wrong. I saw the orange icon at Sjoglimten control point, and thought that it started there. But I tried it again, tracking the mission Building Blocks the mission from Vesslan Warboard, and without distractions, and I finished the mission without problems.

General Solution: Do all missions separately, don’t do multiple at once, and make sure that you track them from the start of the mission.

pc steam

Stats:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X (12x 4.70GHz)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X670 Aorus Elite AX
GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 4080 Gaming OC 16G (Nvidea RTX GeForce 4080)
Cooling: Cosair ICUE H100i Elite Capellix RGB (water cooling)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHZ 64GB
M.2: Samsung SSD, 980GB
2nd Hard drive: Barracuda HDD, 1TB,
PSU: Corsair RM850x Premium 850w
Case: Corsair ICUE 5000T black rgb
Microsoft Windows 10 pro 64 bit Version 22H2

1 Like

Hei Hei alle sammen.

Forest Region: At purple spot and Stage gear truck. Objects are only partially rendered. See screenshots.

Windows 10 Pro
Mainboard: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: NVIDIA RTX3060 (12GB) (Driver 31.0.15.5123)
Memory: 32 GB (DDR4)
M.2: SSD WD Blue 1TB

Platform: PC

Description: just started a new game with the bug testing and everthing i hold has a red gas cylinder attached to it

Steps To Reproduce: new start happens after getting ammo from police car and killing first runner

Images / Videos:

Host or Client: single player game

Players in your game: 1

Specifications: amd ryzen 5 3600, gtx 1070 8gb, a320m-h-cf mother board 16gb ddr4 memory 2tb sata ssd

after restarting game it appears this is a random bug, as it happens on every play. i do think its connected to the floating objects bug.

1 Like

update, there are cars missing there engines at Saltholmen Church

I’m running the beta/test branch and I keep getting a red gas cylinder (assigned slot #6) taking over the in-hand model of everything I have in-hand. I’m not certain exactly what triggers it but fast-traveling fixes it. Too many locations to remember, keeps happening.

Also, the mission “Building Blocks” is glitching out on me. First none of the FNIX structures were visible except for the shield generators, which I blew up as instructed. Then the Command Center was supposed to be destroyed but it was invisible/nonexistent. I exited the game, went back in, and it was all still invisible/nonexistent, but the mission automatically progressed forward to “Claim the control point”. There is nothing to claim tho, the thing that is normally there (like some kind of vehicle plus sand bags on a pallet and a giant tank gun) is not there.

I’ve updated my GPU drivers to Nvidia’s newest but didn’t seem to help.

Win10, 16GB RAM, i5 6600k, ASRock z170, NVidia 3080Ti

can confirm the building blocks base fails to appear

1 Like

Playing with a frined in multiplayer found 2 more bugs.

1. tick dlc, when i deploy a tick it spawns in front of team mate and he has control not me.

2 when we deploy a radio it does not show till the owner of the field radio fast travels to it first

This is for nvidia users. Those who want to take performance testing to next level, and actually quantifying it to numbers. Nvidia FrameView tool lets you record performance data. And then it can be analyzed.