[STEAM] Hop on the Public Test Branch with performance improvements

Heyo!
We just updated the public test branch with some major performance improvements that we hope to introduce to the game with the next update.

However, the changes we made in it run very deep in the engine, so there is a possibility of some systems not working as expected.

We’re asking for your help to find these cases!
If you’d like to help us test this update, simply go to Steam - GZ - Properties - Betas and enter the key:

qZvOkNujkd1VlKf

We’re not looking for feedback on performance in this one (unless it’s worse than before of course), but rather on any other things breaking.
Below is a complete list of things to look out for. If you experience any of these, please write it in the Thread below!

Thank you :heart:

Things we are looking for:

• Damage propagation, ammo types, organ damage / destruction, senses of machines especially when organs / weapons / some senses are destroyed / reduced
  • Machine behaviors including but not limited to EMPs, fireworks, flares, hacked state, smoke, states and state transitions from and to idle / alerted, aggressive
  • Spawning of enemies such as Rivals, looting enemies, fast traveling, enemy behaviors with
  • Mission, achievement and challenge progression, both starting, progressing solo or with other players
  • Inventory management, resource stations, stashes, transferring items / filters, icons, text and models showing correctly
  • Menus / UI showing correct information, descriptions / indicators updating correctly
1 Like

Dont you think you should do the same for consoles ?
Get a few volunteers, send them a NDA and then a patch with the testing settings.

3 Likes

Consoles too please! We desperately need HUGE performance and stability improvements for console!

2 Likes

So I tested the PTB for about 1 hour without any major things noticed… except for one small thing.
I didn’t notice at first but wanted to see if it was just this one. So I traveled around among Farmland, Mountain and North Coast to some of the familiar battlefields where heavy fighting is almost always a thing.

Tanks don’t fire their guns or rockets???
They run around and try to stomp on the Lynx’s and trying to kick the Wolf’s if they haven’t the blastwave to use.

Other then that it’s the same for me so far (that sparkling lightning thing with FPS drops).

PC with WIN 11 24H2 26100.1000 (Insider pre-release channel) running on
AMD Ryzen 7800X3D with 64GB DDR5 memory and nvme SSD on a nvidia 3080TI with latest whql drivers in high/ultra on 2560x1440 with stable 100 (locked) fps. (until the sparkling then :wink: ).

1 Like

I3​:placard::vhs:+nosaving-symbol,:repeat_one:loop…:thinking:
₱š.:
®eturn to NoBeta.:slightly_smiling_face:

Another hour done.

Tanks are still influenced by UEFA 2024 - running around kicking Lynxes. No rockets, no guns used.

Don’t get the scrapping sound when I recycle all sorts of guns, scrapp, attachments and ammo I found. It’s completely silent until I leave the recycling bench. Did I get that with PTB or Sky Fire update? Have to leave PTB and check that.

And suddenly (had copied my regular save games to PTB) all resistance bases built were gone. D’oh!
I guess I will not copy my progress made in PTB back to the normal game then…

-edit-

Went from PTB to SkyFire to PTB again.
Tested all boxes and benches - Recycling bench dont gives scrapping sound in PTB.

Seems to be a bug or an intended change of the skyfire update, as it also is on consoles and since the update. Idk if it’s a bug or a feature. Has it been confirmed as bug, yet?

1 Like

Not a intended change because it’s scrapping sound after Skyfire on PC. It’s only in the PTB it’s gone and only on recycle bench.

:thinking:
Mmh can’t remember. I would have thought it’s gone on PS5, too. I’ll Check later.

So one thing I noticed, is that after I loaded my save, my Control points/bases vanished. I don’t know if anyone else has had that issue. Maybe I did something wrong?

I can confirm this issue as well.

I can second this! I have a video to show how the Tanks aren’t tanking! …

Sorry, if the video isn’t loading, please right click and choose “Copy Video Address”. Then open another tab or window and paste the link to watch it.

2 Likes

We’d love to, but having a beta branch on consoles is much harder and has much longer turnaround times so it’s not possible for us. These performance improvements will also affect consoles, though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your built bases or safehouses?

All my bases disappeared 2nd time I started the PTB.
So testing any daily mission including defence /repairs of your base in PTB isn’t a option.

So the thing that affects Tanks also affects Wolfs. Thougt that I’ve seen Wolfs fire its rockets on tanks from distance but not. During the daily mission ‘Destroy a Wolf with a handgun’ I learned that Wolf is even more gimped then the Tank.
Tanks atleast try to stomp you down, Wolfs just waiting to die when all Lynxs is taken care of.
And another restart the game just to be sure and then treveling around famous battlefields confirms it.

Another thing noticed was that throwing out a Portable turret of any sort gives you the blueprint in hand instead of the green/red outlined turret? A new thing or … ? So far I’ve not had (been lucky?) any problem with the placement beeing blocked by the terrain.

Have to check that today.
But you could be right.
Haven’t seen them shooting recently… And I thought it just was because I killed them too fast with my augmented PM-71 :joy:

But: harvesters and firebirds work fine

Harvester and Firebird works in PTB, those #$@&%*!-birds!

I’ve posted this in the regular forum, I didn’t know this was here… My companion, 3 times, knocked me below ground in Torsberga Fort, I couldn’t get back to where I belonged and I couldn’t shoot anything. I had to fast travel away and back. On Himfjall Island, I talked to Anita and the pilot Elsa, but no sound from them. I fired my weapon just to be sure my volume was up. Around the same time the game quit saving and updating. I did the ‘Arms race, mark the weapon’ in the police station 3 times. I did ‘Father and Son’ twice and opened up the safehouse in the church, twice. I found a 4 crown mini gun that disappeared when I restarted the game after doing the missions I just told you about. I went back to the mainland and opened up a couple of more safe houses, the game didn’t save them.
Edit; the game did acknowledge and save my daily assignment that I finished.
Edit; I just checked for the ‘save’ game thing flashing in the corner of the screen when I opened my plundra and put stuff in. It never showed.

So i noticed that the weapon models for a lot of weapons like to move along the X and Y axis in the hands of the player, independent of sway, at higher magnifications or with optics like red dots it becomes very noticeable and does affect aiming accuracy, especially with sniper rifles, I made 2 different bug reports recently and in the past and they had no traction, I hope this will be noticed soon.

Do you have a video that shows your issue?
I currently can’t Imagine how it’s looking like.