Storage box size

What could be done is to have, for example, an extra storage box for ammo. It’s a resource we find large quantities of, and we spend it quickly. Good reason to keep it separate from other loot.

1 Like

Obligatory, “we should have a renewable ammo stockpile” comment.

I don’t know if I’m annoying people with that one. I still think it’s a good idea, though.

With all the new items and just stuff already added, and to be added in the future, an increase in the storage box would be helpful, and or needed. Maybe in increase to 500?

1 Like

Merged two threads covering the same feature requests.

//Mod

In multiplayer, I can kind of understand why a larger storage box would be nessisary. But in single player, I don’t see it. We have the recycling station which you can recycle many things such as explosives, and weapons, etc. we have the crafting station, wich I think has its own storage capacity, (although I might be mistaken about that one) and we also have the storage box, and we have the option of having 4 characters, which we can max out on weight capacity. I have only run out of storage one time in my storage box, but it was because I was using it unwisely.

So there really shouldn’t be a storage problem in single player. As stated by Aesyle, there is more than enough capacity to store all f the weapons and then some.

In another topic, i even ran the numbers to get the exact amount: :grin:

1 Like

Personally, I don’t really understand why someone would want to collect all of the weapons from level 1 to level 6. I personally, at this point, use guns no less than level 3, and that’s because the US weapons drop rate is not great, so level 3 seems to be most common. Anyway, there’s no reason for somebody to collect all of the weapon qualities. It’s highly illogical to keep that many with you just to have them. So, if somebody wants more storage because of that, they might just need to sacrifice their level 1 Möller, and move on.

My numbers showcase every 5* weapon + every 6* weapon in-game + their attachments. If someone is going to collect every quality weapon, then yes, they will run out of space. But then again, like you said, it doesn’t make sense why to have every quality weapon. Better to recycle the lower quality ones and keep only the better quality ones.

2 Likes

its been how long since launch and we still have 200 weight for stash and 250 for material. why has neither of these vaules changed despites the content updates. 200 is not enough we need like 1000 just to do anything. and we still have shared stashs between characters. ive maxed all my usable characters just to hold stuff now. its sad they wil add all these new thigns but wont update base game feautres.

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

1000!? That’s a bit excessive my G. I mean, for plundra, maybe an increase up to 300, and for our personal max perhaps 100, or 110, instead of specifically 96, which always seemed odd to me to have as a max.

But 1,000 even for base building and/or storage is a huge amount.

1 Like

The storage space was not 200 since launch. The inventory at launch was a grid inventory style. And the Plundra had a hard cap of 100 items. We then got the weight inventory. While not directly comparable, it increase all storage by about double the amount.

Material storage was not a thing at launch either, since crafting was not a thing until later.

This in mind, we actually did have a cap increase since launch.

If you have a max plundra, and 4 fully weighted characters, you might want to work on what you keep and what you don’t. I only have a mule for my materials, my plundra is at a consistent 200/250.

I agree @BurlamVR might need to rethink what he needs or not.
But it´s true, we need a bigger storage.

The devs keep bringing new stuff including weapons and new ammo types (which is very good), but the storage size is the same as it was 1 year ago when we had less weapons and items.
300 limit for the Plundra would be ok.
With more crafting options the resource storage should be at least 400 and not 250.
The Devs pushed base building mechanics to the game, either we like it or not, at least they could give us the ability to save a considerable but not exaggerated quantity of materials and items, what we have right now is not enough for the majority of players.
And for the few over here that are more vocal about it “being fine”, their game experience will not degrade if the storage limit is stretched a bit.

What we have right now is only ok if you hardly use crafting and don´t own every max level weapon and some ammo for it.

Please devs, do some reworking on the storage limit :crossed_fingers: :pray: .

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Casual chat discussions

Just because you have more options where to spend your crafting materials doesn’t instantly = more storage.

At the current moment, there are 15 different crafting materials in the game (including Wood and Uranium). Recycling Station can store up to 250 units of resources and if you look how little each piece of resource weighs, you can have:

• 400 resources EACH, while still having space for 250 resources left over
  • or 416 resources each, with space for 10 resources left over

Recycling station capacity is more than enough, especially since base modules don’t require loads of resources. E.g high reinforced wall needs only 4 wood and 4 steel to construct. That’s peanuts.

Btw, you can’t talk for “majority of players”. You can only talk for yourself.

One year ago, we didn’t have U.S and Soviet weapon DLCs. And those who didn’t buy the DLCs, still don’t have the “extra” weapons to take up more space.

And that isn’t much space either what both of these OPTIONAL weapon DLCs take up, space wise. 6 weapons = 12 units of space. And if to consider their attachments, 16 in total (if you max out every DLC weapon attachment slots), with a combined weight of 4 units.

So, both DLC weapons, with all attachments, only take up 16 units of space realistically and that, doesn’t justify Plundra increase of 100 units.

I’m one of the players that are ‘fine’ with how it is right now. Or actually I think we have to much space in both plundra and on character. As of now it’s a shoot em up game. Not the wonderful sneeking around stealth game as it was at launch. I think the should have plundra 100 and limit character carry. I right now carry ag5, ag4, sniper, shotgun, hunting rifle, K-pist and sidearm plus lots of ammo for them and don’t even have to worry that I Will run out of ammo in a fight. And yes. I can opt out and carry less and I do on my other chars. They don’t use plundra and no extra carry capacity. But that just makes me not able to play mp games because no one else have to sneek. Just rush head on guns blazing shot em up style. So I vote for a decreased size of plundra. But that’s my opinion.

Generation Zero was always a shoot em’ up kinda game, even at launch. It also was a stealth game, it’s a “sandbox” shooter, you can choose to play how you want and ultimately still is a sandbox first. Increasing storage does not dictate whether or not you’re conservative or guns a blazing in the game, you decide that for yourself when you play.

2 Likes

Yes, you 2 @Terrorrobot @Aesyle and at least 3 or 4 other very active forum GZ players, are always very vocal that it´s fine, the old, 2019 way is how it should be.
No one can politely make a request , the next thing you see it, there they are, those few but very active forum users giving strong opinions against a normal request like this.

And you @Aesyle as a moderator, you should be more neutral.
You oppose to everyone and strike back, even when what others said is not childish and not offensive.
You should imitate the other moderators, they know their place and the responsibility they need to have as moderators.
They give opinions the right way, they intervene when someone is being offensive, stupid or just too much negative, they are fair, neutral and with the right context they even answer with humor .

This is a feedback request page, people should be direct and efficient and don´t ask impossible or childish things, that´s it.
I stopped being so vocal here because some direct requests and feedback are transformed into discussions.

3 Likes

You’ve made your Plundra/Recycling Station capacity increase requests several times now, often with very little, if any real reason as of why, other than: “i need more space”. What i explained, was to show that there are little reasons why to increase the capacity of said items and, in my opinion, the capacity is more than enough.

I get it, you want to have more space. And perhaps, after my in-depth explanation, you’ll also get why i don’t like the capacity to be increased.

At this point, lets agree to disagree. :slightly_smiling_face: And in the end, it’s up to devs to decide if and when to increase the capacity or not.