Storage Capacity POLL

(carrying capacity is fine to me, I will touch on the others)

I was fine with previous levels until they decided to add more weapons, which I am sure everyone would like a 5-6 crown of every weapon at the least.

Then now we roll into the crafting storage. Again more items were added to which extent most people had already maxed out all the storages.

50kg on each seems like a fair trade-off and is not something game breaking, overbearing, or a plethora of space.

I want to be killing machines, not playing ‘Micro-Plundra Manager 2.0’ or ‘Crafting Table Sims 3’.

2 Likes

@Pufty and anyone else reading, personally the inventory seems fine, having unlimited space would be great for a few days but the balance would be gone.
Now, the game until November 2019 had only 14 weapons.
1 year later we have 8 Experimental weapons, 3 dlc weapons, 2 non EXP melee weapons and 2 LMGs.
So maybe more 50 kg to the Plundra will make it balanced again and most players seem to want that.

About the Recycling Station, I actually use crafting, and i noticed the items go pretty fast and you can basically have only 500 from each type.
If someone hardly uses crafting, then it does not really matter for them.
A solution could be exactly

2 Likes

The way I see it, regardless of how much storage you have, you will fill it. Some people use “mules” to hoard even more! Something I’ll never fathom.

Increasing our carry limit / storage capacity didn’t improve the game, it just deferred our having to think about our inventory management. More storage is just more stuff to rummage through to find what you want.

Having said that, I’d rather the devs prioritised fixing the sorting / inventory management over messing with the capacity.

Can´t agree, after some costly plundra management, it is now always between 193/198
Having some ammo of every category in an efficient and not exaggerated quantity.
A little more space would be appreciated.
But i don´t really understand what this provokes to those that don´t want it, you can just not use it, i don´t use melee weapons most of the time.
But yes, the sorting inventory does need some proper improvement.

1 Like

It doesn’t provoke anything. You put a poll up and I responded.

It’s not like I’d actually petition the devs about it or ask them to remove stuff. I’m fine with it as it is. :+1:

1 Like

ah ok, looked like you had a problem.
May i ask, do you use the Recycling station?

I did when it first turned up with the original round of 1* schematics. But after I crafted those no.

To be honest, I’ve not bothered with crafting / recycling / schematics / ammo crafting.

I’ve never felt the need and genuinely can’t remember the last time I ran low on supplies. If I run low, I just scour the map looking for items.

3 Likes

The problem is in MP with random people if someone plays Without plundra and have limited stock and the other one has more or less unlimited amount of ammo.

Ah, i see, that makes a big difference, if someone does not use it, it really does not matter.
The moment 5 tier schematics were available i started using them, and quickly understood the resources go out too much fast while using them, which makes the weight limit too “tight”.

One suggestion, try the padded schematics, it really improves the exaggerated “fall damage” the game has.

1 Like

But what is the problem?
Can you explain better?
That one person has too much and the other does not?

If I play Without plundra and have limited stocks and someone joins my game and has unlimited supply. I have to choose my battle he can go all Rambo on everything he can see. That would ruin the experience for me.

I see your point.
But that is how things are and have been for a long time.
If a new player joins a game where everyone is level 31, it will be unbalanced for that person too.
The Plundra was introduced and changed the game, they will never go back.
What could solve your issue is to play with friends, or the introduction of server rules.
Or play alone, we have to be honest, there are many problems while playing multiplayer, adventure is too easy, most people go on a rampage killing all the rivals(sometimes YOUR rivals!), different loots, there are some issues.
MP needs some rules

On another note, what would satisfy many players, is a realistic survival mode (alternative save slot), with limited resources and less plundra space, where machines are not bullet sponges but are more “smart”.
Where weapons below Tier 5 slowly decay to dilapidated status.

Now, about my votes in the poll and why i voted as i did:

Carry capacity

When GZ 1st launched, we had 24 slots inventory + 4 slot quickbar + 3 weapon slots (6 slots), making the total carry capacity of 34 slots.

With Carry Capacity skill, you were able to add 8 slots of inventory per skill level. Making total of 42 slots (carry capacity lvl 1) or 50 slots (carry capacity lvl 2).

Also at that time, there were total of 14 different weapons in the game, where each weapon took up 2 slots. So, if you wanted to have each weapon once, you had to give up 28 inventory slots. Leaving you only 22 slots free, where 4 of them, quickbar, weren’t able to be used to store ammo.

These were the good old days. And the way, GZ was designed to be played.

Of course, hoarders came along, complaining and in August '19, Plundra became a thing. Plundra at that time, had 100 slot capacity, twice the carry capacity you had.

In March '20, new inventory system were introduced and conversion was made 1:1, where 1 slot = 1 unit (kg/lbs). Also, carry capacity got increased as well. From the previous max of 50 slots, the carry capacity ended up with 80 units max. That was 30 slots/units increase.
And a dynamic carry capacity was also introduced, where you can go over the max limit, while getting a handicap (can’t run and Fast Travel). The limit went as high as 96.999 units.
At that time Plundra also got an increase, from 100 slots to 200 units/slots.

April '20 update saw another increase in carry capacity. This time, the previous max of 80 units was increased to 96 units and handicapped limit were increased to 112.999 units.

We had 50 slots (units) inventory and no Plundra.
Now we have 96 units (or up to 112.999 units) inventory and 200 units Plundra.

In my opinion, we have more than enough carry capacity, especially since we can put the rest into Plundra. And there is no need to have more than twice the carry capacity (current state) or even more.

I’d be happy with the original carry capacity limit of max 50 units, where the dynamic max could be 66.999 units.

Plundra

Plundra came August '19 and it had twice the storage capacity of what you could carry, 100 slots.

In March '20, Plundra capacity was doubled, to 200 slots/units. And with carry capacity increase, Plundra storage was a bit more than double of what you could carry.

In this topic, there is argument to increase the Plundra capacity because there are more different weapons in game. And if one likes to store each of them, there needs to be more Plundra storage.

So, lets see how it really is.

In the launch day game, there were 14 different weapons.
2 LMGs were added to the game.
2 melee weapons were added to the game.
There are also 8 experimental weapons, one in each class of a weapon.
And lastly, new weapon DLC added 3 more new weapons.

That makes 21 normal weapons and 8 experimental weapons, or
29 weapons in total.

One weapon weighs 2 units. And when to multiply that with different weapons amount, we get 58 units.
So, you need 58 units of storage if you want to keep one version of each different weapon.

100 unit Plundra is more than enough to store the complete weapon collection, leaving space free for other stuff. But we don’t have 100 unit Plundra, instead, we have 200 unit plundra. Making the above argument void.

However, one could say that weapon attachments also take up space and that is true.
So, lets count those as well. And here, i’ll take all 29 weapons while considering the maximum possible attachments each and every weapon could have.

Baseball bat - 0 attachments
Sledgehammer - 0 attachments
Möller - 2 attachments
Klaucke - 2 attachments
N9 - 2 attachments
.44 Magnum - 4 attachments
12G shotty - 2 attachments
semi-auto shotty - 1 attachment
Kpist - 3 attachments
HP5 - 3 attachments
.243 - 3 attachments
.270 - 3 attachments
.50 cal - 3 attachments
AI-76 - 3 attachments
AG4 - 4 attachments
AG5 - 4 attachments
N16 - 3 attachments
KVM 89 - 3 attachments
KVM 59 - 3 attachments
N60 - 3 attachments
m/49 - 0 attachments

Exp Sledgehammer - 0 attachments
Exp Klaucke - 2 attachments
Exp 12G shotty - 2 attachments
Exp Kpist - 3 attachments
Exp .50 cal - 3 attachments
Exp AG4 - 4 attachments
Exp KVM 59 - 3 attachments
Exp m/49 - 0 attachments

Count: 50 on regular weapons and 17 on experimental weapons = 67 total.

One attachment weighs 0.250 units, times 67 = 16.750 units taken up by all attachments.
And if we add the weapons weight to that, 58 + 16.750 = 74.750.

100 unit Plundra is capable of to store that perfect weapon collection + then some.
Current 200 unit Plundra is more than enough + more than double of that, to house that perfect weapon collection and i see no reason why to increase it even further.

Also, i don’t know how many people want the perfect weapon collection in their Plundra. It could be minority or majority. For those, who doesn’t collect every version of a weapon + all attachments on a weapon, they have even more free space to work with as it currently stands.

Recycling station

Recycling station was added in March '20 update and it came with 250 units storage off the bat.

At that time, we didn’t have much use of the crafting materials since we could only craft apparel bonuses. Leaving much of the storage as dead weight, sitting there without a reason.

Now, after November '20 update, we can craft ammo and first aid kits as well. That gives the high storage some use but since we can now recycle everything, it is very easy to gain crafting materials.

Also, crafting materials take up little space on their own and we have in total of 13 different crafting materials: Plastic, Rubber, Adhesive, Steel, Textile, Thread, Aluminum, Titanium, Tungsten, Explosives, Lead, Copper, Electrolyte.

For 250 units of storage space and the need of holding each crafting material in equal amount, we get:
250 units of storage divided by 13 different materials = 19.230 units of storage per crafting material.
Since 1 crafting material needs 0.040 units of space, you can store 480 pieces of materials in the 19.230 units of storage allocated for each.

Having 480 pieces of crafting materials each is too much in my opinion. And here, less overall storage for recycling station (100, or 200 tops) is better suited. Especially since the ammo and first aid kits, that many players now craft, can be looted easily from the world as well.

1 Like

Gladly, weight capacity will not downgrade to the past.
As i mentioned on above earlier, there is a solution that would satisfy the few that like the “Old way” and those (myself included) that want more challenge…just not on the same save slot.
A survival difficulty

Just mentioned some of the characteristics such Mode could offer.

All parties would be satisfied.
And just like melee weapons and crafting, it would be optional.

I have to disagree on unbalanced for player with Level 1 and Level 31. We don’t fight against other players so the Level is not that important.

I mean, one player rips the other from the experience, unless they cooperate and agree to certain rules.
Otherwise the level 1 player will be a passenger most of the time while the other obliterates the machines.

1 Like

Not storage, but I could do with a little more overall item scarcity. I don’t want to increase the difficulty because the machines are just fine, thank you.

Storage capacity in crafting yes.

General Plundra storage - use a mule. Job done

1 Like

I think the carry capacity balance is pretty good - especially with the ability to expand it using a skill point. Expanded, there is enough room to carry a full range of weapon classes and still have room for plenty of equipment and collecting some stuff. Users who prefer more constraint can simply not upgrade - which is already a pretty nice balance. Adding/tweaking the carry-capacity skill levels feels like it could happen without impacting players who are happy with the current balance.

My initial reaction on Plundra/Recycle storage was “more would be nice”. But thinking about it, there is actually quite a lot of storage space. What I really would like is to have the things collected being usefully consumed and depleted at a steady rate.

The game feels balanced for scavenging. Most crucial resources (health, bullets, etc) are plentiful enough that completing an area/battle provides players with resources necessary to replenish and move on to the next objective. At the same time, I have found a relative dearth of useful blueprints (and relative challenge acquiring them) in the early game. By the time useful blueprints are acquired, crafting beyond the occasional health kit is rarely necessary.

So resources just build up in storage. Making storage bigger isn’t going to fix that.

Thing is, to get through the game, players can’t stop getting 7.62 ammo from drops unless they have the blueprint to make that ammo. It might be easier to balance from scavenging to crafting if there were a less needle-in-a-haystack approach to acquiring at least a core set of blueprints and having them explicitly revealed roughly in line with when the core consumables are needed in the game.

Weapon wear would be a cool dynamic.

1 Like