Storage Capacity POLL

The PLUNDRA was introduced in Summer 2019, with so many new weapons introduced since then, and with the Recycling station added as well, it´s time for a POLL.

Is the Inventory Weight capacity Fine as it is?

• Yes
    • No, I want more storage capacity
    • No, I want less storage capacity

0 voters

Is the PLUNDRA storage capacity Fine as it is? ( 200 KG)

• Yes
    • No, It needs at least more 50 kg of storage capacity
    • No, It needs much more storage
    • No, I want to have less storage space available

0 voters

Is the Recycling Station Storage capacity Fine as it is? (250 KG)

• Yes
    • No, it needs more 50 or 100 KG of storage capacity
    • No, it needs less space

0 voters

Time to close the Poll.
Thank you to all who voted.

50kg on both seems like a good balance. Especially with new crafting aspect and new weapons added. (carrying is in a good spot because it makes you spec for more if you want it already IMO)

2 Likes

So I think the poll could have been worded a bit differently, but I’ve cast my votes.

I would say that I think what we have currently is fine as it is, but I wouldn’t mind more storage space, that’s why I voted the way I did.

1 Like

I couldn´t agree more with you @JayBowdy.
And you have a point @OGDH , it could have been better, I was under pressure at the time.

The third question is having a very fascinating result, a possible draw, and made me wonder.
To everyone who thinks the Recycling station limit is "Fine"and reads this.
Do you actually think it´s “fine” or you don´t use it at all ?

I guess I should have asked this as a 4th question…so i´m sorry.

I voted wrong on the first poll :sob: I would like less carrying capacity.

1 Like

Turns out that i’m not the only one who appreciates less carry/storage capacity. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’ve been playing since the beginning and I miss restraints to have to travel with pretty limited resources. Carrying 10,000 rounds of 7.62 for the ever hungry 59 just isn’t the same feeling. That’s why with my third character build is gonna be a stealth build marksman with no points into carrying capacity.

I do like the plundra just because I want one of each weapon and attachment.

1 Like

That´s why I included the downgrade option, just for you :wink:

1 Like

I have somewhat well controlled OCD, but in video games I’m an absolute hoarder. It literally hurts my brain not to grab anything not nailed down. If it’s not useful, don’t give it to me. If you give it to me let me store it. Plundra or recycling will be fine. I am good with carry limits and overburdening. But, if the magic Plundra can teleport my goods cross the map, it can hold more than 200 kg.

1 Like

Not anymore, there are players who dont hoard items. :smile:

1 Like

I don’t hoard, and I don’t have any mule alts. Hoarding doesn’t amount to anything good, you’ll just want more storage space regardless of what the limit is raised to.

I save items that I might need in the future, like for upcoming battles and co-op sessions. All other items I dismantle at the crafting station, turn them into materials for ammo and medkits.

I think the current inventory system, and the storage capabilities of the Plundra and Recycling Station
are fine as they are.

3 Likes

Yeah the problem is that at least for me I store all that stuff for a future need that never comes. I saved up for the reaper first fight and after my first I realized that I didn’t even need half of it lol

Thanks as I’ll use that option too!

Gotta weigh in myself, since I feel that a majority would like there to be more storage, but everyone will quickly get used to it and then start wondering about adding more and more. Hoarding is fun, but also an issue that sometimes requires the Developers to step towards making it fair.

Maybe adding a LITTLE bit more is better for some, but to make it fair… The storage mule issue would have to go. Just so you know, you can still have plenty of space for all the ammo you would ever need, every gun type you’d want to use (except if you kept every type of quality) and you’d have tons of recycled material to keep going without ever resources running out. Then again, another fix could be adjusting weight of certain items as some are the same weight all across.

(carrying capacity is fine to me, I will touch on the others)

I was fine with previous levels until they decided to add more weapons, which I am sure everyone would like a 5-6 crown of every weapon at the least.

Then now we roll into the crafting storage. Again more items were added to which extent most people had already maxed out all the storages.

50kg on each seems like a fair trade-off and is not something game breaking, overbearing, or a plethora of space.

I want to be killing machines, not playing ‘Micro-Plundra Manager 2.0’ or ‘Crafting Table Sims 3’.

2 Likes

@Pufty and anyone else reading, personally the inventory seems fine, having unlimited space would be great for a few days but the balance would be gone.
Now, the game until November 2019 had only 14 weapons.
1 year later we have 8 Experimental weapons, 3 dlc weapons, 2 non EXP melee weapons and 2 LMGs.
So maybe more 50 kg to the Plundra will make it balanced again and most players seem to want that.

About the Recycling Station, I actually use crafting, and i noticed the items go pretty fast and you can basically have only 500 from each type.
If someone hardly uses crafting, then it does not really matter for them.
A solution could be exactly

2 Likes

The way I see it, regardless of how much storage you have, you will fill it. Some people use “mules” to hoard even more! Something I’ll never fathom.

Increasing our carry limit / storage capacity didn’t improve the game, it just deferred our having to think about our inventory management. More storage is just more stuff to rummage through to find what you want.

Having said that, I’d rather the devs prioritised fixing the sorting / inventory management over messing with the capacity.

Can´t agree, after some costly plundra management, it is now always between 193/198
Having some ammo of every category in an efficient and not exaggerated quantity.
A little more space would be appreciated.
But i don´t really understand what this provokes to those that don´t want it, you can just not use it, i don´t use melee weapons most of the time.
But yes, the sorting inventory does need some proper improvement.

1 Like

It doesn’t provoke anything. You put a poll up and I responded.

It’s not like I’d actually petition the devs about it or ask them to remove stuff. I’m fine with it as it is. :+1:

1 Like

ah ok, looked like you had a problem.
May i ask, do you use the Recycling station?

I did when it first turned up with the original round of 1* schematics. But after I crafted those no.

To be honest, I’ve not bothered with crafting / recycling / schematics / ammo crafting.

I’ve never felt the need and genuinely can’t remember the last time I ran low on supplies. If I run low, I just scour the map looking for items.

3 Likes