Storage box size

Quite frankly, ANY HP pack then would be one heck of a sight for sore eyes, miss, not just a simple one. :wink:

In all seriousness, though, it is so.
Still, I tend to leave simple ones and go for medium or advanced ones, myself.
Taste, probably?

I wrote before, that I do.
But, the case is, I do like that 59ā€™er, and I dare, when I really feel like, take it out the closet.

Once I do, I notice that darn red dot continously, it is so bloody distractingā€¦
And for some odd reason, even in the army, I was never good with the Iron sight.
No clue why, really.
I slapped a scope on my Maximi, as soon as I could (it had a compatible rail for the then Accuracy International Arctic Warfare that we used.
And I never took it off again, for as long as I served. :slight_smile:

ADDENDUM:
When I was in the army, I fired both the Maximi as his American version, the m249 SAW from the hip.
Oddly, for being such a ā€˜big rifleā€™ with decent RoF, the recoil was surprisingly ā€œnot thereā€.
With ā€œnot thereā€ I mean, there was some, but it could so easily be countered, even at full automatic fire!

That is why many pro military say, those weapons are too damn accurate, even up to 1200meters.
Now, this may sound odd, but not many non-military (or trained) people seem to not underrstand, the weapon was NOT made to kill folks primarily.
Instead, the weapon was made to give suppressive fire, this means, to scare the enemy from closing in, pushing them into cover.
And with a weapon as the Maximi, or M249 SAW, being them SO accurate, wellā€¦

I myself prefered this immense accuracy.
And I knew others that thought the same.
Heck, I used it as a full automatic capable sniper rifle, lol.
Only when the shit really hits the fan, and ONLY then, I would opt for full auto, and not any sooner. XD

But I also met those that did NOT like that accuracyā€¦

Ah well, one cannot have both I guess?

We need to be able to change medkits as you change ammo, with the N button. That would be reasonable - you keep them all on the same pouch and pull out the one you want. If Iā€™ve just taken a 20% hit, but am up against them cluster bombs, I need to have my health above 90% or I am one-shotted, but to use a Standard medpack would waste over 50% of the health in it. I want to switch quickly to sinple, hit the button and get back to fighting, but of Iā€™m knocked over, I need an Advanced ASAP.

Likewise, I want to be able to switch flares from the most effective on the fly.

As for the Plundra, I think I prefered it when we had no storage and you had to decide what to carry. I almost never change a loadout radically, and in them days, we could drop something and have another of our characters pick it up. Thus you had your loadout change by changing character.

I really wouldnā€™t mind if there were no fast travel either. Perhaps you could have a plundra in, say, ten separate Safe Houses, but have to cycle to get there (or sneak). Likewise, you could perhaps base each of your characters in different places, so that you could cover the map by swapping characters.

But then, I play 99% in Solo mode, and whereas all that would be much more fun in Solo, in Group mode you just want a barneyā€¦

I play totally solo, and I am just started in the South Coast reason & a lvl 11 and have already had to dump things from my storage box, & use skill points to max my carry capacity. This I certainly do not understand as the storage box should be at least 3 to 4 times what you are capable of carrying. I dump ammo of weapons I donā€™t useā€¦I have had to dump gas containers, flares, fireworks, EMPā€™s etcā€¦and when it comes to weapons & such I donā€™t keep duplicates cause in this game you donā€™t lose them, so why keep extraā€¦now I might keep an extra silencer, mag, etxā€¦but even that is rare and right now my storage box is at 185 of the 200 allotedā€¦this is something that definitely needs to be adjustedā€¦but somethings really you donā€™t need to hang ontoā€¦flares for instanceā€¦there is at least 1 or 2 flares in EVERYTHING you openā€¦I mean at one point I had over 300 flares between what I was carrying & what was in the boxā€¦lol lolā€¦yea you have to watch amounts & weightsā€¦but when it comes to ammoā€¦just when you get rid of itā€¦you will need itā€¦lol lol lolā€¦Devsā€¦please helpā€¦pretty pretty pleaseā€¦I wonā€™t kill one of your machinesā€¦well maybeā€¦

As more items have been added and with the reaper addition, storing ammo in preparation for the fight is becoming more difficult.

Can we add a separate ammo box or some in game content purchase we can make to up the ammo storage capacity? It is a common thing to have to drop ammo or attempt to recycle some as there is no space available.

Weapons and attachments do not currently take that much weight.

I am thinking longer term there will be another boss raid type deal in addition to the reaper and if that is the case we really need larger storage capacities.

The alternate option is to try adding some option if one is wearing all the exosuit options to up the carry capacity if certain conditions are met. Some have speculated that this might be in the works for a future update.

Increasing the size because of demand is not a good idea, it has to be earned or built upon as it gives some purpose to grinding and the ability to increase what you can hold/carry. There is nothing quite like the satisfying feeling of having earned the ability to store more stuff and junk.

3 Likes

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

Any chance we get a larger plunder box with the new weapon pack coming??? PS4 pro solo player. Not really trying to get a ā€œmuleā€

@myklmks How much space will ever be enough? The sky is the limit, or what? :thinking:

A little mathā€¦

There are 18 weapons in the base game, 21 with the new weapon pack.
In addition, there are 8 experimental weapons, at least for now.
Letā€™s say you want to store one of every 5* and 6* weapon.
Thatā€™s 29 weapons, each of them weighing 2 kg, so 58 kg in total.

Letā€™s say you want them all stored fully equipped with 5* attachments.
24 of them can take attachments, 52 open attachment slots in total. (educated guess on US weapons)
Each attachment weighs 0,25 kg, so 13 kg in total.

The combined weight of all this is 71 kg. - only 35,5% of your Plundra!

You can still cram 129 kg of all kinds of stuff in there!

How much more can you possibly need? Are you wasting your Plundra space on gas tanks, radios, car batteries, emergency response packs, a couple hundred lockpicks and crap like that?

Personally, I store a weapon collection like the one I just calculated.
I also store a small surplus of extra 5* and 6* weapons and attachments for trading.
Other than that, I only store extra adrenaline, medkits and some extra ammo of the most valuable and hardest to find types.

Donā€™t know if youā€™re a new player or not, but remember, Generation Zero was launched without the Plundra. The Inventory was also a lot smaller than it is right now, back in the early days.
Hereā€™s a screenshot from august 2019:

The high storage capacity we currently have, was granted by the dev team because the majority of the community wanted it. But no matter how much we get, somebody always comes along and wants more.

5 Likes

Same feature request topics merged.

//Mod

@NJR87. Thank you for your feedback

@myklmks Youā€™re welcome. And after reading through my post again, I apologize if I seemed harsh. I donā€™t mean to criticize you for wanting more space. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has probably come up a lot.

But me and my pals and probably several others find the storage limits just a hassle. True, i myself just recently began to hit the limits, and i havenā€™t had the game that long, only since october, but the storage limits just seem pointless.

Sure, a max carry weight is needed for the character, i support that. Itā€™s ā€œboring and annoyingā€ but required for that scavenge and survive kind of feel in the game. So there it is perfect.
But come on.
Some of the safe houses are literally a storage stockpile for the military, with several jet planes and tanks and trucks.
Why am i limited to 200 in the storage box and 250 resources? It just feels hammed in there becauseā€¦ because the character has a limit? So the box should to?

No idea, but my suggestions are.

• Remove the limit on the storage of materials and the items storage.
    OR

• Add storage safe houses. Like if i take over like a massive bunker, designed for storage. There could be a storage container where one could put things from the regular box. This storage container would have infinite or like 100k+ capacity and be accessible from the regular box.
    That way, iā€™d need to be at certain locations to access my storage, if one wants one could even have the storage points as non teleportable, but thatā€™s a bit hardcore/annoying.

• Lower the characters carry limitā€¦ i canā€™t believe iā€™m saying this. But, Yes, iā€™m saying it. Iā€™d ofcourse like LOADS of carry weight, but truth be told that being able to run and jump carrying like 4 Meussers, 1 .50, a rocket launcher and loads of medpacks and stuff feels a bit derpy.
    So to offset the now infinite storage, the character could be able to carry less, or even better, have another level of over encumbrance.

The idea.
Letā€™s say that now one can carry 100. (Donā€™t recall, donā€™t matter)
At 101-150, you are encumbered. One canā€™t run. At 150+, no moving.
We know this one.

Suggestion.
One can carry 85, 86-120 one cannot run, 121-160 one cannot jump. 161+ no moving.
This way, itā€™s more important to figure out your ā€œBattle loadoutā€ and it feels more like a decision to go on a looting run.

True, iā€™d love to just have no encumbrance limit, or just raised inventory in general. But the feeling must still be there so iā€™d say keep the character inventory as is OR lower it slightly.

Another cool thing would be to have a ā€˜not at all Volvo 240ā€™ with mobile storage.
But that might be a bit much. Or an entire topic of its own.

@Klomster Once upon a timeā€¦

Those 40 squares were all you could carry.

No Plundra.
No workbench.
Nothing.

:slight_smile:

Must have been a horrid time.

Luckily iā€™ve never seen it :stuck_out_tongue:

And the crafting came like 2 weeks after i began playing, so i was like, ā€œthis is neat, one can shoot cool machines. Oh, and a new crafting system like directly after starting out, neat!ā€

So this will probably feel a bit noobish or something. But i have only seen the Plundra, and gotten the crafting soon after. So based on my experience.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t so bad. It was just the way it was. :wink:
The Plundra was added in august, I believe, of last year.
The new inventory system was added on GZā€™s 1 year anniversary, back in march.

1 Like

Regardless.

I still think itā€™s silly with literally owning a bunker made for BeredskapsfƶrrĆ„d and then be able to store like a single box in a massive underground complex.

And me and my friends have agreed on this, so i thought i should put it up so the devs can see :slight_smile:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry, there are plenty of people who want the same as you. :wink:

I miss the old days with limited space. There is no need to have a plundra full of stuff. Itā€™s more of a challenge to ise Only what you can carry. But I might be the Only one with that opinion.

I find myself somewhere in the middle.
I want to be able to store some things. Especially weapons that took me 150 hours to search for.
Actually, I think the current Plundra and workbench weight limits are fine as they are right now.
There is no point in storing tons and tons of crafting materials.
They are there for a purpose. Use themā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, iā€™m a hoarder myself and feel really stingy with things that are ā€œlimited and hard to get hold ofā€ like the field radios and the medbagsā€¦
Which are in all honesty quite easy to get hold of, but tell that to my hoarder brain.
Same problem with ā€˜Ether flaskā€™ or whatever in rpgā€™s and the like.

I do try to lure tanks into landmines and stuff, even if it is simpler to just run in and shoot them with an smg. But i want to.

I just like to hoard stuff, and then i can select a few things and go out hunting. I usually bring a landmine, a few StjƤrnstoft, and a bunch of meds. Plus random useful stuff.
Partly to also just be able to carry more junk to bring home.

So i might have a problem, but iā€™m hardly alone in it.
And i want to save a few things as souverniers in the Plundra. Like my first pistol, my first Meusser, my trusty .50 which won me many many battles until i got my lvl 5 recently. Just memorabilia.

1 Like

Yes it has. And that being said, topic merged to relevant topic.

Next time, do use Forum Search.

//Mod

About that:

2 Likes