Suggestion for new guns in the base game

Hi
I’ve been playing generation zero for quite a while now and I think the base game could use some more guns that Sweden used in the 80s, so I suggest that you guys add some more weapons, for example the Lahti L35 (Swedish designation pistol m/40), Gevär m/96, BAR (Swedish designation Kg m/37), Beretta Silver Pigeon (Swedish designation Hagelgevär 686), Pansarvärnsgevär m/42 and so on. And you could release this update together with a dlc that adds some more exotic weapons.

1 Like

I also vote for this. I’ve suggested it on stream last or so year and he wrote it down. It was pretty funny at the time. Now I’ve just lost faith that it will be added. People prefer weapons from other nations over Swedish weapons in Sweden, sad enough

Yeah, some seem to be caught into Hollywood sci-fi dreams. US robots, Hollywood style moves and guns,…

1 Like

Yea i was dumbfounded when i saw that most of the suggestion here was russian and american weapons.

I mean id understand German or other Scandinavian weapons. But for real this game is supposed to represent 1980s Sweden where in the love of god was a massive cache of French, Italian, American etc. Weapon caches. It would make much more sense if there was a ww2 Swedish museum that got plundered. Adding the following weapons and its a fair amount!:

pistol m/07
pistol m/39
pistol m/40
Kpist m/37
Kpist m/39
Kpist m/40
Gevär m/96
Gevär m/39
Ag m/42
Kg m/37
Kg m/39
Kg m/40
KSP m/42
Pvg m/42

The devs sort of opened up the “American and Russian weapons” can of worms when they added the previous DLC packs.

Mad has made good points about the poor execution with those DLCs, which I agree with; rather than all those weapons magically being added to the storage box right away, they should have trickled them in, in some other way.

Myself, I like the idea that the Soviets brought more weapons with them, and the lore explanation that was supposed to be included with the American weapons—that they were supposed to have been air-dropped in, supplies for any Resistance…but, sure enough, poor execution, straight to the box.

Mad had suggested they should have only been added to the machines drop tables, if I remember right. I think, instead, they should have literally been air-dropped in—or at least stuck in some loot containers, perhaps part of some random pop-up missions, that made it at least appear as if they had literally been air-dropped in, parachutes and pallets…

I’m all for more Swedish weapons, but I’d love to see additional NATO/UN support as well, or just from other nearby neighbors. French, British, Swiss, German, Italian, Finnish… Not necessarily “all-inclusive” truly huge lists, but high notes here and there.

As “unlikely” as so much outside support might seem at first, I’d like to point out; many of the weapons of the time went untested, unproven, for a good while. I don’t think it is farfetched at all to think that so many nations would jump at the chance to have their shiny new weapons tested in live combat against these machines—and if they could have indigenous personnel already in the country do the testing so they don’t have to risk their own troops in the process…well, two birds with one stone.

1 Like

Really not sure about that, but I feel that this is the opposite of what I suggested.

For some more ideas you could read this topic, I once created to improve the weapon packs.

Regarding the narrative about the soviets, the soviet weapons and the weapon packs…
Remember the soviet machines, most of their camps and bases and the hovercrafts just came with and after landfall update.
The soviet weapon packs are much older.

But indeed, even before there were some signs of a soviet presence. Just some dead soldiers here and there and something like a camp in a ruine in farmlands.

Yea you make a lot of good points.

I believe that These “Weapons pack DLCs” Should have a slight story around them with dedicated NPCs like a NATO camp on a smaller island that we have to travel by Boat to.

Or as you suggested actually have them airdropped.

1 Like

Maybe I was mistaken, then. Just thought I remembered you mentioning how they should have been added to drop tables, instead of given. ANYTHING but just “given.” I think it had come up a number of times, in different threads around here.

They actually are in the drop tables (of machines).
Of course, they shouldn’t be just given. That’s what I always said.

They should be added to world loot boxes.
But for the initial introduction, there should be some small procedual missions for each weapon pack.

And then a special DLC safehouse/ location where to get the initial weapons, maybe even with a DLC box which contains them and works like the fmtel-box.