[SUGGESTION]Quality of Life ideas

@Vasdema:
The ammo part was addressed, to quote myself:
“Make Weapon Card tell what ammo and add-ons precisely installed, showing quality of add-ons when hovering over weapon.”

Reading up on the link now, this post will be edited.

EDIT: Now, I am not so familiar with consoles (extreme understatement, IMHO they should be forbidden by law with death as penalty, but that’s just me), and so, I cannot tell which is actually correct, and which not.
Example: the Quick Assign DOES exist in PC version.
From what I understand, and PLEASE correct me is not!!!, this is also a thing in consoles.
In the end, we do play the SAME game, right?

Now, IF I am wrong, the first thing I will do is add those as well to my list.
Despite I abhor consoles, I will not act discriminating.

So, please confirm all the points of your list, if any is not correct, tell me, if the whole list can be imported, please do tell me, and I will do so ASAP.

Thank you, my friend. :slight_smile:

EDIT2: Added FOR PC ONLY and FOR CONSOLE ONLY to primary post. :wink:

You misunderstood @Xogroroth. While @Moonmists and I did discuss improving the weapon card further along in the thread, in that paticular quote Moonmists was talking about seeing what ammo you have loaded when you are on-screen in combat. Whilst I was talking about improving the ammo box icons in the inventory.

As for the Controller QoL Enhancements, they apply to PC, XBox One and PS4 equally…

In theory, before you enter combat, you sort the ammo thing out aforehand, no? O_O
So, you should know what’s loaded on the moment of combat?
This means, I kind of lost the use/need for this?

If you can provide me with a logical explanation, I will add this.

As for the ammo boxes: how would you see these improvements, brother?

Regarding Moonmists’ idea, it allows you to switch to another weapon and know what ammo it’s currently equipped with; whether that happens to be HP/FMJ, FMJ/AP, or HEDP/EPR/Smoke.

It’s also a necessary step in another suggested feature. In-game ammo changing. But that’s something for further down the track.

As for the different look to the ammo boxes, that’s something for their graphic artists. They need to make sure it fits in with the current aesthetic while still being clear. Perhaps they’ll put a stripe along the ammo boxes. Perhaps they’ll colour the tips of the various rounds. That’s something that needs to be decided on their end.

Adding.
Good motivation! :slight_smile:

@Vasdema:
Please check, and see if you like it, if it is correct.
Also added few items of the list, I did some not…
See if I have those needed, tell me is I missed an “important” one…

I think and ADS up / down to select ammo type would be good.

@Legion245 added under Console.
Thank you.

I hope that they add much more base building aspects to the game or just more options to customize a existing house. I also thing that adding more slots to the inventory is necessary and they need to make the exp system more rewarding> I mean I fought 5 hard tanks and it only gave me 2 bars on my exp slot.

From what a few people living in Sweden told me, that is actually as rural housing is there in reality?
All very… copied, uniform?

Yeah but I would like the feeling of having a customized and safe place that you can hang around.

Bunkers, brother, bunkers! :wink:

True. Very True. :joy:

The experience system is a bit of a mess at the moment. You can neutralise a T2 tank for 97 xp and then after it respawns, kill it again for 597 xp. Seriously, wtf?

If they were going to do this, I agree with:

I’d set it up so that when you first cleared the bunker at Salthamn or Vesslan it became your home base. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not convinced this should be a thing, but being able to change what a room is for, State of Decay style, might be cool. Especially if those rooms were useful and not just aesthetic.

Anyway, we’re way off-topic here. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I suggested a “home base” in another thread.

I was thinking that as the game progressed, players would unlock more features. At first it’d just be storage, then it could be stuff like transforming one type of ammo into another, combining guns of the same type to get one in better condition.

Your home base would also be where you’d assemble your vehicles if the game includes vehicles. I elaborated on what I intended here:

If the devs ever intend on allowing players to contact the outside world, maybe you’d be able to request airstrikes from the remnants of the air force.

Basically, one major reason for the inclusion of this stuff is to give the game better rewards. As is now, you basically complete quests for the sake of completing quests.

1 Like

Currently my “house” is in fiscbach if thats how you say it. Any way I really want for there to be like a log cabin house on the big mountain overlook but currently there is only a campfire and a few benches but also a breathtaking view. If they can add that I would set up camp there.

I have no clue how to quote here, so…

As for the latest suggestions, these are rather DLC based…
Not separate as those in the first post.

Thank you though for sharing, appreciated.

My small list of QOL

EE = Double click E to open containers, instead of holding E. (Gets really old after 100 boxes).
Quick buttons for these:
Q = Take all from container
E = Take only selected.
These will eliminate constant mouse moves to “take all” and “take”.

Inventory sorting and automatic stacking. Including action bar. Weapons could fill ammo first, then inventory.

Make bullet type change button for weapons. If you have multiple types of ammo in inventory. Also include read out on ammo count what type is used. SP, FMI, AP, etc.

Auto-walk / auto jog, holding down that W for many hours is tiresome.

I lived down south near Malmö for a few years but traveled a bit. I would have to agree they’re pretty uniform from what I remember but definitely wouldn’t call it copy and paste. I do remember it was typical for even the smallest of homes to have 2 toilets, balconies are very popular too. I really miss Sweden’s little quirks, brings a little tear to my eye playing sometimes.

However in the game I found a house with 3 bathrooms, a useless living room and no bedroom which was pretty funny.

@Lonewolf

This mod fixes it.
No more hold, just click and voila. :wink: