The Enemy of my Enemy not unlocking

So I did a new playthrough. And I did all the radio mast missions in order;
Calling for Help,
Over and Out,
Radio Silence,
and Loud and Clear.

And it worked for me. I’m positive it didn’t last time because I didn’t do the missions in order. Obviously this needs to be addressed, and probably already is. Just throught I’d clarify.

2 Likes

I did the missions in the exact same order, even on a second play through, the mission still did not activate. As I mentioned before, I’m playing on PlayStation. My friend has the game on his XBox, and he has the same problem.

But thanks anyways. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont know if it have something to do with not being able to complete the game, but how many Radio Mast icons we are supposed to see on the map after completing Radio Mast missions? For now I have Rusaberget and Savered.

1 Like
  • Do you have the 5 missions above completed in your log?
    Yes, all 5. ‘Enemy of My Enemy’ doesn’t show up. Revisited the radio towers and can see the task is complete at each one, all missions show as done in my log. But icons for the radio towers don’t show up on the map, even after revisiting them.

• Have you played single player only, multiplayer only or a mix of both?

Single player only.

• Have you played your character/save over multiple patches OR did you start with a fresh save on the latest patch? (August update)

Started playing after August update, playing since, through Sept update.

First play through on PC…
Completed Empty Spaces, then it bugged and went incomplete? Don’t know why it was complete, then fast traveled and suddenly it showed up incomplete. Missing document in top floor bathroom, but never there… Enemy of my Enemy unlocked and I completed it, but no missions unlocked after that… Tried to see if i could get Empty Spaces complete, but to no avail…
Deleted game completely on PC and Steam cloud…
Second Play through on PC…
Completed Empty Spaces and made sure to get every document it completed and it stayed complete…
However this time Enemy of my Enemy did not start at all… Know Devs are working on a patch, so I went and completed all side quests and collectables… Have everything complete now, can’t wait for the fix…

I replayed the game a third time, (in singleplayer) did all the stuff in order, and the mission did not activate. Great. I’m not angry with this however because all games have bugs, and I’ve encountered some much worse ones before in other games. All in all, I love this game, keep up the great work devs! :slight_smile:

Good for you, I’m actually angry. They know about that bug for over a month. Just don’t do hot-fixes, we have to wait for a patch. Not being able to finish the story calls for a fracking hot-fix, making your barely existing player base wait for a fracking patch is like sticking middle finger at us…

And during today stream they couldn’t even answer the question if it is already fixed for the October patch…

1 Like

They do release hotfixes when they can. And I’ve seen a few ninja-patches too that they sneak in whenever possible. But they try to aim for fixing these kind of issues with a main patch every month rather than small incremental ones over time. There simply wasn’t time to add in a fix for the September Update by the time the bug was reported.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, for the money I payed and the time I played, I have paid roughly 10 cents per hour of entertainment, the bang for the buck ratio is amazing. No cinema or other joint can beat that. I’m just not happy withe the priorities they make as I can’t finish the damn game…

2 Likes

If you lads are curious as to why I’m not all that angry, again, as I said, I’ve encountered way worse glitches in other games before. I’d say the glitch that got got my blood boiling the most in a different game would be some of the launch bugs in No Man’s Sky. I kept my patience however with that game and three years later all that stuff is better. So I think the devs are doing a good job with this game and haven’t pulled a 2016 Sean Murray (I still love NMS tho). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m fine with that if the product is early access, then I know what’s i’m getting. This, nor NMS is such case. I do not agree to such practices. It’s not OK to buy a fridge with the cooling feature broken and being fix couple months after the purchase.

Sorry chief, there’s not much more I can do to help, I’m a pretty chill guy so I’m just doing other stuff in the game or in other games until it is patched. And it’s okay to express your frustration, as long as you keep it civil and polite. So don’t worry. :slight_smile:

Thanks for nothing. Appreciate your good chill mood :slight_smile:

No problem chief. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

I’ve been mildly annoyed about some of the bugs in this game, but for some peculiar reason I’ve never been hold back from progressing in the game, like quite a few in here apparently have. What puzzles me is the fact, that most of the games (in my impression) very complex stuff works flawlessly, while functions that would appear to be simple game logic is so hard to fix.

1 Like

You are absolutely correct my man. :slight_smile:

Hi folks,

just wanted to chime in that I, too, have the “enemy of my enemy” issue. The mission will not activate. I am playing on PS4 Pro and I tried every possible angle. I seriously hope that the issue is addressed in the october update because as it stands I simply cannot progress further in the story. Leveling up is fun though so I will spend my time doing that and working towards the new challenges until this is fixed.
What I find troubling though is that at least some PS4 users have not had this issue because as of now there are 0.1 percent who achieved the platinum trophy. So this means it must have worked at some point (or at least for some people), right?

1 Like

Did you see the broadcast today (you can catch up onTwitch)? They said they’ve fixed it - main missions should pick up automatically, side missions have to be re-picked up. update Monday.

2 Likes

YESSS! Thank you devs! :pray: