The future of the gz universe

The only thing I’m really hoping for concerning the future of the GZ universe is that the player characters are not robots/androids, because it would be disastrous for my roleplay in it, to the point that it would ruin my enjoyment of the universe. It’s totally fine if it’s implied, just as long as it’s not definitively the case.

2 Likes

Yes for the 1st part but not specifically to spy on the resistance. More like to gather intel about all humans, regardless the faction. And also to test the performance of Infiltreringsmaskin against current machines.

That discussion is in here: Mainland and army

It’s vice-versa for me. :smile:
Though, what would ruin my enjoyment is when player char is put into any other faction than FNIX.

I’m gonna be very toxic in next paragraph, but that’s the way I am. So…
I’ll go “Matrix route” and say that you are with FNIX as a drone(uploaded) consciousness. The AI constantly running combat simulations with “humans vs machines” to improve latter. Just watch hunters and teenagers. Hunters seem have more “live”, “humane” motions. And then watch “human avatars”, how plastic and rigid they are. That uncanny valley of both sides is what creeps me out in this game.
That reinforced by the fact, that FNIX did based itself on conciousness of Von Ulmer, but considers itself a separate entity, that share scientist’s memories.

1 Like

yeah me too, like i said, mine is a swedish soldier that has not given up the fight for sweden

2 Likes

And it’s totally cool that you’re vice versa! This is why I’m hoping that what the player characters are is never definitively revealed so that we can all roleplay what we want! Though, aren’t we already in a faction that is opposed to FNIX? We help the Resistance against FNIX and the machines, after all.

Don’t worry, you’re not being toxic! What you’re writing about the player characters there is just your opinion, having one is totally fine. What you’re writing about the player characters would be awful to me, though. I pride myself on my character being human, on being a descendant of the Norse gods (which is what I headcannoned to explain how my character, despite being a teenager, is capable of defeating so many machines). If the game ever reveals that the player characters are just robots à la Terminators, that would just not be good for my enjoyment of the universe.

A-a-and that part I was buttering up. I was implying that player characters are already within machines in the VR environment.

Right, as I said, you weren’t being toxic, there wasn’t a need to butter anything up! Your theory/idea is cool on its own. It’s just that here, in Generation Zero, it would be utterly devastating for me if it was ever real. Because I want to be flesh and blood, darn it!

About them being Terminators, though. What about all the in-game items that we use that would only be useful for organic bodies? I’m referring to things like the med kits and Adrenaline Shots. If the player characters are robots, why would we need to use military med kits when wounded? And Adrenaline Shots would have literally no effect on a machine body.

Here’s a thought for you: player chars could have living tissue over metal endoskeleton. :wink: Just like Terminators are, especially T-800. :smile:

And you’ll need the first aid kits to heal (repair) your living tissue. As far as a-shots go, these could actually be power cells, used to send a big jolt of power into your machine body, to wake up (reboot) you. :blush:

True, they could be metal and flesh. But for the adrenaline shots, that’s…stretching it, in my opinion. It’s solely your headcanon that they are power cells, as there’s nothing in-game to indicate they are anything but adrenaline shots. If they were in any way intended to be a power cell, there should be something to indicate that, but there is not.

Yes indeed, and I really hope they stick with the industrial simplicity look of the Machines, it’s very distinct and it’s a nice alternative to other sci-fi settings. Having your own head-canon is fine, though if GZ ever gets something resembling shared servers where one could roleplay properly, I’d say that we’d have to follow the official canon of the setting.

Edit: Moving this to #general-discussion, since it’s turned into a discussion topic.

1 Like

Indeed. The only reason I’m, for example, roleplaying that my character is a descendant of the Norse gods is because it’s only my headcanon, I roleplay with/for myself. If I was roleplaying with other people I’d follow the official canon as much as possible.

1 Like

well i dont like the idea of the player to be a machine, like why whould fnix made a machine to destroy their own machines? and why whould they want to make a machine that whould destoy fnix main weapon, the reaper.

What’s about, when the Resistance kidnaps a robot, reprogramm it and make it fight against the robots.
If i would have to do it. I would setup a trap and try to disengage the catched bot pherhaps with an EMP Impulse. Then feed him up with explosive by empty the tick tank and fill it up with dynamite. Then give a new programm to the robot and let him walk into a gathering point of the robots and give a signal to explode it. Thougths ?

I didn’t say my chars are solely created to destroy other FNIX machines. Instead, they are created as spies. And to keep the cover (to fool the humans), they need to show that they are against FNIX.

IRL, same can be asked why undercover police officer brakes the law while being undercover in e.g gang? Because he/she needs to do it, to maintain his/hers cover.

How about in the event of FNIX either loosing control over it’s machines or other factions creating their own machines and then using them against FNIX and it’s machines?

In that same sense, IRL, why would US create anti-tank weaponry? Because in the event of their own armored vehicles falling into enemy’s hands, they have the means to disable/destroy said vehicles.
Since if you don’t have any anti-tank weaponry and one of your main battle tanks falls into rebel hands, you’re cooked, because there is no way for you to stop your own tank.

This, actually, is already in the game. We can see resistance’s 1st few steps towards it. It’s seen in FNIX Rising side missions: “Synapses” and “The Virus”.

well i think that they whould reprogram runners, tanks, seekers, ticks hunters to be friendly and only fire on machines, then the resistance whould be more powerful and quite dangerous against fnix

That’s what machines do in “Synapses” and “The Virus” side missions. However, at current state of the game, machines are terrible against machines.

yeah but i mean that the lock onto machines instead of biolagical creatures

Yes, you’re right Aesyle. I think Vernokia Nilsson will do more things in future. Remember, she gave us the reconfigured harddiscs what we attached to the Hubs and the outpost computers. After that she was no longer seen in Mullvadsberget. I think she has moved to another place to break in FNIX. Pherhas she has something to do with the new crater.

You can mess with machine’s targeting system and make them lock on, on other machines. But as i said, machine’s weaponry is very poor against other machines. They are most effective against player chars.

From Guide: "FNIX Rising" side missions topic, comes this video and just look how long it takes “allied” machines to destroy other machines.

She went to find Elsa.

Hmmmm, then she has to go back to the Björntunet Hotel.