The Pet Master and Pet Maker combined

As we all know, each Skill Tree comes with 2 skills.
For one I’d like to point to my Pet Master Machine Master (AKA Pet Master) (Hmmm, maybe Machine Possessor would be more correct), and for the other, the Pet Maker (or whatever it’s name will become), I would like to point to another post I cannot find right away.

It comes down to:
First of all… CRAFTING implemented!!!
Right?
No?

Either way:
One has to hunt ALL TYPE CORRECT parts from machines (logically: if you want to make a runner, a Tank Leg would not quite fit, eh?), needs the CORRECT Blue Print*, crafting place and… the needed skill tree.

Once this is all in place, one needs of course the right skill tree, and the right amount of skill points put in the correct skill. (Note, adding these skills does NOT mean increased skill point pool: one will STILL have “only” 30 Skill points to distribute, and as always: choose wisely!, as it works like it is right very now).
Per CLASS of build (Proto, Mili, FNIX or Apo) a skill point is needed in the right skill.

One cannot only make machines… but also UPGRADE existing machines (up to a certain point, and only if he/she has the right components and the needed skill with needed points distributed to it).

To top this off, one can (again with the needed components: in this case the right paint(s) and paint print**) turn his very ‘pet machine’ into a full blown piece of art…

Activating the MASTERY would even “much more furtherther” allow you to attach an Experimental Weapon to your nice, well build and fully potty trained PoA (piece of art)!
However… for that, you will have to have activated all skills to the max (which seems logical).

Once the pet gets killed: you WILL be able to recover the machine (save for truly destroyed parts).
Even damaged parts, which you can repair (percent wise, perhaps, based on your bought amout of skill points?), so the machine is never truly a goner.
Unless of course, a critical hit (which would have a very low chance to get, maybe like 60% (JK lol, 70%)) to occur.
Seriously though, like 1 or even 0.5% chance.
Reason for this: to enable the player to hunt for more parts.

Each player would be able to build 2 of each type so they would have 4x2 (2xTick, 2xRunner, 2xHunter, 2xTank) machines ‘in their garage’ at all times, in case one gets permanently downed.
OR: to swap out if the player is bored of the current one, having a different load-out.

The Tree (suggestion)
Identify Parts (speaks for itself, seems logical) (2 points, 1st for Proto, Mili and FNIX, 2nd for Apo)
Create Mech (speaks for itself, seems logical) (This one has 4 points: 1 for each class existing)
Repair Mech (speaks for itself, seems logical) (2 points: 1st: Proto, Mili and FNIX, 2nd for Apo)
Mech Art (speaks for itself, seems logical) (1 point)
Alter Mech (Remove/Add Mech Parts/Weaponry) (This one has 2 points: 1st for Proto, Mili and FNIX, 2nd for Apo)

Mastery Skill: Experimental Mech (Add Experimental Weaponry) (1 point)
Total points spent: 12 if Mastery is bought.
NOTE: IF in the near future a new class is added, that will NOT affect this skill tree point wise!
It will ‘ever’ be 12…
IF the whole Bot mastery section is taken (both the possession/pet master and the other) a total of 22 points is used.

Gathering Parts:
This is a bit hard to just throw out here.
I was thinking: each part has a 5% chance of dropping, and 1% for being in PERFECT state.
Each Type AND class drops as per the type and class.
Which is just… well… very logical… one would think.
Or is 5% too much?
This would translate to 1 part per 20 machines… if RNG is ‘fair’…
Naturally, you’ll be very fukkered, as RNG NEVER is… MUAAAHAHAHAHAH! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mistake made, fixed!
Credits too @Watcher_Eternal for assisting in the creation of this post!!!

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Machine Master (AKA Pet Master)