"The resistance" - to many waves

This is what happens when few players want a specific feature in a game (enemy waves), and later it is forced upon all of us :wink:

I did this mission alone using only 3* KVM 59 with AP rounds.
It might be easier in coop, with a sniper on a balcony.

3 Likes

Haven’t tried it yet, but … Respect, @0L0 :+1:

Just a little note - I used up more than 4000 rounds of 7,62 AP on this mission :rofl:

3 Likes

This mission was designed to be co-op and it’s really easy when there is 4 of you, but as the guys said mines, grenades, canisters are the way to go if solo

2 Likes

its easy i done it solo with 50 cal and ag4 and set up tank mine first it will save you time

1 Like

I done this mission with land mines ,grenades,flares and 4* KVM 59;))Hotel health bar was 68%;)))

Ah yes, but English Plum Cake is one of the joys of the very Earth itself! Just follow the recipe. Leave it covered up for six months at least before eating it - it needs time to mature… If it’s Christmas Pudding (much the same but thicker) then leave it 12 months at least…

@Bootie, you must admit that it defies all reason to wait 12 months for a cake! It only takes nine month to produce a baby! (I tasted Christmas Pudding once … it really is good). Well, if I prepare a Christmas Pudding now, it’ll probably be ripe when I have succeeded with “the resistance” mission :blush:

1 Like

I’d guess the cake tastes better.

1 Like

Well, you can buy them! But if I do, I buy it now (just after Christmas when the price drops) for next year, and until then it lives on top of my cupboard. I left one three years once and it was better than ever!

Come on, there must be something that Danes and Netherlanders make and then bury in the ground or something to mature and dig it up for the celebration…

Time capsules?

(characters)

It didn’t run away?

When we are out camping wild, yes. But we don’t dig it up again :joy:

2 Likes

It knew when it was well-off. It just sat there and matured and got richer and richer. Delicious it was, with cream and Brandy Butter. Just before you serve it, you douse it liberally with Brandy and light it, so it is aflame when you bring it to the table…

When the waves come at the hotel, we could just throw Christmas Puddings - that’d slow 'em down (and we’re back on topic!).

2 Likes

I completed this one with an Exp AG4 and an Exp launcher first try on solo. It was incredibly hard, but it should be as its the last main mission in the game. The thing to remember is that enemies not fixated on you will attack the hotel, so make sure to keep circling around the front lot of the hotel to attract the doggos and hunters going ham on the health meter. Even if you die, if you had all their attention it will take them a good minute to readjust and start shooting at the hotel again. That should give you enough time to get back outside taking minimal damage to your health meter. That’s how I did it, hope this helps!

I have a horrible KD, but this one was actually surprisingly easy. I did it with Exp .50 cal and a 4-star KVM59 with extended mag and a bunch of grenades? Not sure anymore. Nailed it on the first attempt with only 3 adren (ok, and the survivor specialization; my full skill build is here). My hotel was on roughly 2/3 hp.

I was really afraid when I heard the first reports that this mission would not be fun. But it was actually not that bad (not that I appreciate wave shooter elements in any way).

Just keep moving and immediately focus any robot that shoots the hote. It is only 4 waves plus a tank, I believe. I even had a lvl4 rival tank join the party.

1 Like

It’s starting to look like the x-weapons are almost compulsory.

2 Likes

The only time I got to do this mission, I was in a coop game, so I’ll never know if I would have been able to make it on my own :cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Taking down APO machines with the 6* PVG is much easier than taking down FNIX machines with my previous 4* PVG (I’m a sniper). I appreciate this powerful weapon (as I do the other 6* weapons except for the 12g pump gun which was an experiment gone slightly wrong). But it makes me lazy, because I just need a vantage point in a safe distance and I know how the fight will end. I guess I chose the sniper specialization because it gives me more time to adjust the hopeless thumb joysticks on the Xbox controller. And I’m not sure that the sniper specialization is suited for fighting incoming waves of machines :confused:

But if the 6* weapons could be undone, I think I would have preferred that.

I couldn’t begin to imagine having to play this with a controller. I know some people are really good with it, but it comes with so many limitations.

But yes, you can snipe in this mission - from the balconies, I have heard.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Spoiler Bug (DLC Mission): Defend the hotel (Unable to complete “The Resistance”)