The Tank has a Railgun

They do splash damage as well. I believe it’s meant to be some kind of .50 BMG variant, but it uses some kind of railgun technology to fit the weapon on the Hunter’s shoulder. In vanilla you encountered them first at Muskudden Naval Base, inside the bunker and the factory complex. Now they seem a bit more spread out.

Which I think is great, they’re a real menace in larger groups. Best way to deal with them is to keep on the move, don’t take cover around corners, and be a crack shot. Disabling this weapon first should always be priority.

1 Like

That weapon is named:“Concussion Rifle” in the game. I kinda like it, makes a cool sound when it fires. Though, a bit more of that in game would be nice.

1 Like

I’d like to see more of these “railgun” hunters out there, and less of the ones that shoots rounds that makes you fall over and take damage over time.

1 Like

Screenshot_20200202-155231_PS%20Communities someone on playstation killed a Tank and when it ragdolled it droped this

2 Likes

1 Like

Heeey Aqua, what’s up? I’m pretty sure that’s the high caliber sniper rifle for the tank, I could be wrong tho.

I’ve heard of this tank but have never seen it . And speaking of tanks, has the armor on the military model been upgraded? Me and my son took one on last night and it was a beast. Haven’t had that much trouble with a tank since the early days of GZ.

That weapon is named Linear Accelerator and there are 2x tanks in the game who has it. Military tank in the Marshlands and FNIX tank in the Himfjäll.

Some further info;

i would love to see this in game, yet i am more orientated around smaller targets but tanks are amazing to fight. if i can ask what did that large cannon even do to you? explosive? poision? knock down?

For me, it did nothing. :grin:

The projectile went between my char’s legs, without damaging me at all. That’s how i was able to take the 1st screen of projectile path seen in Steam discussions. Same thing with the FNIX tank at Himfjäll, i stood completely still, aggrod the tank and once it started shooting it’s linear accelerator, the projectile again went between my legs, without ever harming me.

I guess when you move around, you can get hit with linear accelerator (then again, only crazy person would stand still when tank is aggrod and shooting at you :crazy_face: ).

I might be wrong but I’m pretty sure I had that bugger punch through a tree and hit me , could be hit box issues but the trail went right through the tree i was hiding behind and did a ton of damage!

That sounds about right.

Basically, linear accelerator is bigger and badder version of experimental .50 cal.

lol, i am guessing you are that crazy charecter

1 Like

so, on the new island, when completing one certain mission outside a cave, there is a tank waiting for you there, with a massive “thing” hanging between its legs, railgun-isch looking? i killed it but when i came to loot its weapons were gone. and i have not seen anything like it after that mission either. does anyone know if it is possible to get one to spawn again?

Unfortunately that is one unique type, there is another in the north of the main island ( and the third i don´t remember).
They only appear during certain missions.
But rest assured, the loot is “normal” you wont even get the experimental Sniper Rifle.

That “thing” is Linear Accelerator and so far, it’s only equipped to two mission specific tanks, which won’t respawn once the mission is done.

Some further reading: Is there a new form of tank

ooooh thank you:D hopefully they add in more of these in the game=) especially as as of recent ive encountered larger and larger packs of enemies, largest was a pack of i dont know how many dogs, 20 isch hunters of fnix and apoc class, 2 fnix harvesters and 3 tanks, 2 fnix and one apoc. THAT was intense:D

How is it supposed to work? It is thirty something years ago since I had my semester of nuclear physics and even though I was inclined to continue down that road … well, I did not. But if I recall correctly (I did play around with a cyclotron a bit) it is a device for accelerating electrons in a focused beam. How does that work with bullets?

(I will be satisfied with the answer: “Very well, thank you” :wink:)

1 Like

Here is a short video on the subject, from one of the best science/technology channels on the tube :+1:t2:

1 Like