Third GZ Anniversary Event (March 25 - April 11)

Hey everyone, and glad to see that you are getting the loot as planned! As the event had a little slow start we’ve decided to expand it a bit for you. The event will now end on the 11th of April 23.59 CEST instead of the 8th as first planned! Keep being awesome and killing those machines!

12 Likes

:pleading_face:

I just killed all rivals again, but no, I repeat NO new clothes. Even no experimentals. Nothing special. My buddy indeed finished today while looting my killed rivals.

I was wondering if anyone is having issues with rival spawns. My wife has been grinding on hers and all she can get to spawn is the Reaper. Not really complaining, but it’s not dropping her any of the special clothes. If anyone has seen this issue any help would be great :+1: if needed she is also on the Xbox series X thanks for any help

I’m also playing on Xbox and I have the same feeling: rivals aren’t spawning at the same rate as usual. And for some reason the reaper spawns despite only two other rivals has spawned previously. On the other hand region level being 17 at the time.

But it’s more of a feeling than hard facts.

Also more feeling than facts is that destroying wolves, lynx, runners, seekers or hunters don’t trigger any rivals to spawn… or is this just me having bad RNG days?

2 Likes

Since the event started I started with a map full of rivals and now I have all the clothes from the event I am rebuilding the region levels and trying to do so WITHOUT the rivals.

Remember that there is a 2 hour cool down between rival spawns in the same region. You can level up a rival if it is not already at level 4 but it takes 2 hours, about, for another rival to spawn in the same region. So after a rival has spawned, move to another region or grind the rival up in levels during those 2 hours. Rival spawns also have to do with points from destroying other machines, any other machines. The points go to rivals and the region and if the player is not to level 31, the player.

If all rivals in a region are level 4 then the region gets points and as soon as a rival spawns extra points goes to level up the new rival quickly. If you are building up a region, then destroy as many machines as possible in the 2 hours. I destroy any rivals that are not harvesters also as soon as they spawn.

4 Likes

Why only keep Harvester Rivals? I know Hunter Rivals have terrible loot but I thought Tank Rivals had the best.

Harvesters are good for hunters to spawn. So I milk harvesters for the hunters that builds the region levels back up and that spawns in reapers. I do let tanks rivals stay but not to many.

You let a harvester know you are close, the hunters chase after you, you pick them off one at a time as you dodge the harvester rockets and once she will not call in anymore hunters you leave to milk another one. It beats running around a empty map hoping for something to shoot at.

4 Likes

I’ve done a few hours in the free time I’ve had on Xbox series X , only dropped a few items so far jackets seem more common , so far 3 jacket drops one helmet and shoes, I seem to be getting more off Apoc rivals!

1 Like

Thanks JEJ!

Tried to change regions directly when spawning a rival in one, and all of a sudden I was spawning rivals all over the place!

2 Likes

Definitely Apoc rivals are the best bet for drops. I took out a level 4 Apoc Hunter rival on Himfjall more out of desperation than anything else as Hunters tend to have bad RNG for good loot. This machine offered me a EXP KVM59, 5c COM-10, resistance jacket (red) and the Resistance Fighter Goggles which what the last piece for me to find! He was a most generous rival.

2 Likes

I went to himfjäll yesterday, too.
Got a harvester rival and destroyed it immediatly.
And after many rivals in farmlands and forest region without any drop I finally got pants… Which I already had.

That’s one of the most annoying thing in the game. Rare items should be really rare. Especially for clothes it should be changed that you just can get it once.

6 Likes

I thought that was for the reaper. When did that change?

Always been like that iirc…

Still no more anniversary clothes for me.
Again I destroyed all rivals but just got another exp ag4 and lots of exp helmets. :frowning_face:

I’ve gotten some of those firework boxes, an experimental jacket and pants,but thats about it.

Before this patch my reaper was in the forest. After this latest patch with the Marshlands revamp, my reaper teleported to Hjemfall which I haven’t even opened, yet.

Got the Resistance Fighter Jacket and Helmet today, and i must say, i really like them, especially in the more snowy enviroments they look great. Don’t like the goggles and the pants though, haven’t seen the boots yet. Still gonna farm for the whole set. Got an Exp AG4 on top of it, which never dropped for me before in all those years, nice day.

They extended it til the end of the 11th due to the slow start.

1 Like

Thx, should have read the posts before.

I hope I’ll get some to the end, too.
Yesterday again just an exp ag4 and an exp kvm59 and some exp clothes. No resistance fighter stuff.