This video really puts a light on how GZ is today and what it has sadly become

This video right here.

To put it shorty. Very well explained and puts everything to point, it’s what a lot of people have said and wanted to say, including me. I truly wish GZ didn’t become what it is today, it had such amazing potential. Such unique game but with higher ups ruining it with clutter and bloat along with things that would’ve been better to leave out than adding.

I know the game can’t go back to how it was, to a point explained at the videos intro but MAYBE, if the game doesn’t get abandoned, they could change it somehow. But if they continue with adding more of the stuff that shouldn’t be in the game, i truly wish they’d stop, fully.

(I think this is what Tenebris felt with GZ towards the end of his channel as he explained in a community post on his channel.

8 Likes

Having seen that video too, I agree with a lot he says. He is very critical but also very fair, especially with how the EULA is handled. Certain content creators are allowed to use mods, but regular players are not. I feel like that is such an important topic that isn’t talked about enough.

To me, it is insane how much micro DLC there is. Sure it’s optional but there’s almost 100 Euros worth of DLC. The focus now seems more on “getting stronger” than the story and world itself. In ye olde days it felt like the story was the selling part, but now there’s nothing meaningful.

4 Likes

Exactly. I’ve seen that too, even with Neebs Gaming. Maybe they don’t think much of it but to us players that actually care about the game and know how things go (to put it simply) It’s very fishy of SR to do that, to break their own EULA and then complain that players do it too with modding and such.

It might be a bit unlogical or unrealistic for me to say this but, it would be nice if they could roll back some updates or somehow remove some stuff that really shouldn’t have a place in GZ.

3 Likes

What he’s said is spot on. I thought I’d disagree more, but he made some excellent points.

1 Like

At least you agree on things, unlike people who defend the current state of GZ…

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve got no hate towards Neebs gaming. I think SR made an exception because it would mean GZ would get more exposure. Especially weird since it was about a “no hud toggle”, something we have been asking as a feature for years but never got.

1 Like

Indeed. No hate, just confusion to why SR reacts and act like that.

2 Likes

And I thought that I was the only person who felt this way about GZ. This guy’s spot on. Not that he’s going to have any positive impact. Right now, it will take a succession of miracles for the player base to get the type of content that this fellow has talked about. The development team here is in lockstep with the owners, and making suggestions that the team isn’t interested in or can’t deliver on is like bouncing marbles off the sidewalk.

1 Like

I must believe that it’s disbelieve in their own abilities or possibilities, which of course may be reasonable, as we don’t know how good the code is written and documented.

There are many bugs and obviously they gave up on solving some of them. They gave up or are in trouble with the given time to reach their given goals.

They seem to have missed the point, where bugfixing should have had the highest priority.

On the other hand, even with all bugs fixed, you never know what can happen with a new update, If you don’t know the Impact on the rest of the code. If it’s bad, it’s just bad.

Indeed. Maybe the community isn’t ONLY filled with people who don’t care and want more shit and not actual good stuff.

3 Likes

Still. It seems as if pretty much only SR has this problem. there could be more, but damn. it’s weird

3 Likes

No, you said that we “nail” people who talk about mods and that is not true. We don’t encourage it here because the forum sits under the EULA but mentioning it casually will not get you reprimands. You also call forum staff insults.

That is why your post was removed. Of course this has already been explained, but instead of accepting that you decided to be passive aggressive and hurl insults my way. So who’s in the right here exactly?

Could I have been more lenient about it? Probably. But I kinda figured you were just looking for trouble and lo and behold, I was right. Now don’t worry, I won’t handle this matter any further, so just take some time and think about the topic at hand, yes?

Remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

3 Likes

What I miss today is the feeling of eeriness and the uncertainty of what happened and where have the residents all gone.
It was very well done at the beginning, but gradually it got lost more and more when there wasn’t the introduction to the church in/near Saltholmen, you had to find out everything yourself, today the game is too easy and I personally miss it a proper ending, that’s my opinion on it.

5 Likes

Yes, I agree.
That changed a lot.

Additionally we got the motorbikes and flakmoped early in the game and, what’s worse, even earlier the companion. It should have been lategame content. That’s almost as bad as starting the game with a plundra full of DLC weapons.

2 Likes

Same on pc now after recent updates (i play on a 3080 with an i9 and had a much better and stable experience on the release build and may 2019 build when it comes to performance and overall vibe)

1 Like

Yup! Well said! my feelings exactly.

1 Like

They didn’t somehow!

1 Like

Some good points and great ideas in this video, thanks for sharing it!
I’d like to make a small, but important, clarification: We did not “allow” Neebs to use mods. We gave them access to a special build of the game where things like NoHud and FreeCam are possible.
Yes, of course their community size played a huge role in making us trust them with this powerful build, but legally it’s not much different from us giving Youtubers early access to an unreleased update in order to create content. Such is the privilege of being a big content creator. I personally don’t know how many creators have asked for access to these tools, so I can’t speak to who was approved or denied.
In addition, I think this video paints a worse-than-reality picture of the consequences of using mods. They say that using mods “gets you banned”, leaving out the circumstances. Using mods does not get you banned from playing the game, nor does talking about mods instantly get you banned from our platforms. But it is against the EULA (which is a document written by people much more versed in legal issues than I), AND using mods can be a major risk to those who do, leading to crashes after an update due to mismatched versions, unpredictable multiplayer behavior, and sometimes even savefile corruptions. That’s why we don’t want modding to be encouraged on our channels, because most mod users are not aware of the risks.
Now whether or not GZ should have mod support is a different discussion, conceptually I agree it would be cool, but adding “mod support” is not just a switch you can flip. It includes many hours of work and figuring out the legal consequences / preparations.

Lastly, please remember to stay civil when using our forum. I know this is a discussion that can easily lead to a heated debate, so make sure to avoid name calling or making spammy posts like “in before the thread gets locked”.

As a closing word, I can say I understand your frustration. We know that a huge amount of players would love to see another island or more story added to GZ. Thanks for speaking up in a structured and civil manner :slight_smile:
I believe you will like what we’re working on for the next update.

6 Likes

Btw is there a date for next update?
Like “october-update”?

1 Like

No, there is no date for it yet :slight_smile:

1 Like