Thoughts On Recent Updates & Some Other Things

Platform=Xbox
Hello,
1st let me say this is NOT a complaint thread just a group of personal observation after giving the new inventory system/crafting some more time & a chance to workout some of the bugs.

Crafting:
I have never wanted it added to the game & understand I am very much in the minority on this feature. That said so long as it is as it is now & does not have to be done to either earn achievements, progress or challenges in any upcoming story I am fine with it since it is NOT forced use. If it becomes forced then I will become a vocal on that issue at that time.

Inventory System:
I do like the weight only because of added items for storage. The “assassins creed” style system does not flow well IMO in a game without a pause function because of the need to move between multiple menus on the fly this feels like it could be fixed by creating a hybrid system but I am not a developer so I do not know what problems this might face.

I like the adaptive option based on # of players, I like the gun & machine sounds, I like the new Harvesters not being some easy useless machine, I like the fog & weather sounds, I like that you can no longer walk through players now & must be more aware of your team, I like the what is happening icon next to players so you know more about their health/condition…As you can see there is a lot I like.

I still would like to see chalk added for marking searched buildings & rooms in bunkers, I still would like to replay the story without losing my character progress even if it is made harder by adding increased difficulty…

Now after saying all this I want to directly say to the Development Team that I 100% still love this game & give the updates since the DLC a B+ I also want to beg you to NOT get away from the 1980’s guerrilla fighting feel of the game by trying to make this game something for everyone. The Fable franchise did that after Fable II & never recovered, Mass Effect did it with this generations effort & failed as did Fallout with 76 you have a great niche game that on console is well positioned, priced right & loved by many.

Thanks for reading & Mods I understand if you have to lock this since I cover a lot of areas in one thread. Everyone please forgive me if this is not written well I do not put my thoughts into the written word very well & I do hope each of you are safe & well.
SPP

3 Likes

Your topic is feedback, and a good one, so there’s no need to worry about it being closed. :wink:
If it would be solely bug report with several bugs listed or solely feature request with list of features (e.g bulletin) then it would be different story.

I completely agree with this. :+1:

1 Like

I can agree on many points and add that to crafting - I like the idea. I wouldn’t like to be forced to do it, but I’d like it to be something that, if chosen to do so, can give you aid in battle.
Out of medkits from the last skirmish? Craft some simple medkits. Need extra traps to plan the next strategy? Craft improvised lures or decoys. Nothing too spicy, like medium medkits or above… Just simple things that you don’t need to craft, but can be useful.

With difficulty, I’m OK with others having an easier time in the game, but I’ve stayed on guerrilla since the scale was introduced. Have not turned it off, even after the insane hunter armies and lightspeed rockets. I don’t understand why easier difficulties actually are more difficult than usual for others, but I haven’t tried them and have nothing to say there. I bet the Devs are diving in that one.

Rest of the points I agree with 100%. Thanks for the read

1 Like

Thanks & I am glad that both you and @Aesyle did not think this dumb or way out there. I am always worried about how my written stuff will be taken. Again thanks.
SPP

1 Like