Tick-sized... Gnomes?

Couldn’t wait for late night so I went there, the door was a little open and when I enter normal tick humped my face like it was HL2 all over! The hall had both doors closed so it was standing there.
The house is full of bullet holes, has a back door, kitchen full of smoke and top bathroom…
For you that been there, was it a mission that led you there?

I don’t remember but I also have all gnomes, last toke me months to find… And may have done that early in the game in co-op, or one of my friends did it. We started that way around to the east just exploring Östervik like crazys all spread out and geting killed by hunters and tanks, low levels as we where.

1 Like

Hade to go back, I wrote doors closed but there was one at the floor also…

And it wasn’t me, one door to kitchen almost close, one to living room.
So where did that door at the hall floor came from?

1 Like

Have you collected all the garden gnomes? Maybe it is that that unlocked the encounter :thinking:

2 Likes

You sure about that? Because the house on my screenshot, which also contained a gnome inside, was not at that location. It looked almost identical though, but “my” house didn’t have a back entrance.

I think it was a mission leading to that particular house. Not sure though, finished all missions long ago.

I have them all.

I must say I’m enjoying this mystery! If I could only find a way to trigger the spawning of these gnomes consistently…

1 Like

Yes, i am sure.

2x screens;
1st Xezr’s house (705,53)

2nd, your house (1417, -183)

Both houses have the same Black exterior color and same roof design (PITA to get on the roof). And while i’m facing E in both houses, only 1st screen is a match to Xerz’s initial screen (compare view from window, paintings on wall). Desk lamp is gone since harv decided to put it’s rocket salvo against the house, misplacing some of the loose items. Also, my FoV is smaller.

There is no mission that leads to that bullet hole riddled house. It’s just one of the more interesting random POIs, to add more flavor.

I’ve also collected them all but i haven’t encountered any gnometicks so far.

The more sightings there are, the more info we can get to locate gnometicks more reliably.

So far, this has been confirmed on 2x instances:

• house in Östervik
  • black exterior color
  • same roof design

And these could be possible requirements:

• night-time in your game
  • night-time in real life Sweden
  • have to have all Gnome collectables
  • front door of the house is locked

Gnometick is easter egg and the requirement for that can’t be that complex, especially when looking other easter eggs found in game (except Iron Church).

3 Likes

It’s late and full moon out. Couldn’t be more right for another house exploration. :smiley:

2 Likes

It’s past midnight, both in game and local time Sweden but no gnome-ticks in any of the two locations.

Wouldn’t compare the second house to the first with the dead soldier upstairs. This one has a extension back from the kitchen instead of the door out on that porch. Only thing is house color and it’s not that unique. Like every town or every second small village has houses in that color.
But behind the second house there is a blue house also full of bullet holes, a burning Bjorn outside and a smoke filed kitchen.
And there is no kind of ticks there either. Think even I may had a mission there…

1 Like

So, I found this house:

Located here:

The only way I found to get in, was by using a radio:

Lo and behold, gnomes:

Unfortunately, I can’t progress any further. I can’t interact with them, I can’t open any doors or nothing. So, I wonder what else I must be missing here? Is it possible it’s only available if you have bought the Schweet Vanity Pack? Is it perhaps only possible if you wear certain outfits?

Please help me out - I’m in there right now!

3 Likes

I’m being told, the Tick Gnomes are another thing that accidentally made it into the game from the dev build with the January Update. However it’s unfinished and glitchy. So it’s likely it’ll be removed by the next monthly update.

1 Like

Oh nooo! :cry:

I found it so cool and fun trying to solve this :cry: :cry:

1 Like

@Zesiir

Not sure how much info you got about the Gnomes but maybe a possible event? Do Swedish people celebrate Gnomes?

Big o’l Tank Gnome. :laughing:

1 Like

OGDH

So, I found this house:

My house wasn’t any fun at all, open and no tick or gnomes. :frowning:

1 Like

They kept respawning in the house for the mission Exchange student got this mask lol

4 Likes

2 Likes

That’s cool @NL0513!

I wonder what makes it trigger (work) for you, @Zesiir, @Miyo and others… :thinking:

2 Likes

Indeed i got no idea was in that room and could press it over and over until the game decided to crash

1 Like

i have ask graham and pontus in the stream about the gnome ticks and they said there are no gnome ticks. but we have the proof here. i assume they have not looked at the pictures here

1 Like

yeah, based on a few of their responses in the past it doesn’t seem like they actually read much here. they missed my question when i asked about the ticks and I was unable to catch the whole stream so i missed when you asked them, thanks

1 Like

Definitely no gnome ticks :joy:

8 Likes

They do look a bit… Broken.

3 Likes