Tick-sized... Gnomes?

I haven’t seen this anywhere else, so… Here goes. Me and a friend encountered it during a late night session. Scared the crap out of me. Exploring a house in Östervik, we found several Gnomes inside standing with their backs against us. Attempting to pick them up, caused this to happen:

They dropped advanced medkits, 9mm ammo, .50 BMG ammo, regular Tick Pods (we didn’t have the perk), and well… These.

They stopped spawning after a while and were replaced with regular Ticks, so I believe this was some kind of random encounter.

22 Likes

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear…

6 Likes

That is super creepy! :grimacing:

4 Likes

Looks like a new easter egg. :grin:

Any pointers which house it was? (Need to get it for my collection. :star_struck: )

3 Likes

I want now some dalahorse runners :smile:

2 Likes

IF it was this house:

I wonder how the heck you got in, since the front door have no option to open? Looking through the window next to the ladder, I can see a gnome inside, just like on your screenshot.

2 Likes

Ok, now I’m really confused. Returning to the very same house after starting the game up again, the gnome is gone and the door on the front could be opened? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

House seen on Xezr’s screen is at 705, 53. Took some running and searching to find it.

No gnometicks in there for me, but i have a theory.
It is possible that gnometicks appear only when it’s night IRL Sweden and perhaps, it should also be night at your game.

3 Likes

Me and a friend were playing, the doors were openable for me but not for him. But I was able to lure the Gnome Ticks out of the house so he could loot them too. After I had put a Field Radio on the balcony though, he could open the door and get in that way.

@Aesyle’s night theory sounds like it’s worth testing.

3 Likes

LOL, that is scarier than the Tank at FOA4 :rofl:

4 Likes

That Gnome-Tick is from a mod named “High class machines”…

1 Like

I don’t use mods, so that’s a negative.

2 Likes

And your friend hasn’t ever used that mod???
Becuase what you describe about loot is identical to mod description too.

1 Like

Nope, and it was my session.

3 Likes

Have to explore and find that house, tonight Swedish local time to see if it happens.
Been around the map exploring “closed” houses and areas to see if I can teleport in to them with a radio but never seen a closed one with gnomes.

2 Likes

Allrighty. This modding potential could pull me in the side of mods for this game.

This is creepy, unusual and certainly intriguing :smiley:

2 Likes

i found exact the same thing also in Östervik. was searching some houses and was wondering why the front door was locked. i took the back door and found these gnome there. i got the info i could pick it up but then it transformed in these tick gnomes and screamed at me. but i also was able to loot one of the gnome pods

2 Likes

Hmm, that means that they could exist in more houses than the one I posted above, since on that house there wasn’t a back door. Interesting. Does this mean I have to stay up all night to see if I can get a shot at this :rofl:

2 Likes

as i discovered these ticks they was located in 6 house. in all over house the ticks looks normal

1 Like

Nice, thank you. So - stay awake all night, or what? :smiley:

1 Like