Ticks spawn of dead hunters

Issue is known, should be fixed on the 23rd. They are a side effect of having too many FNIX Bases active at once.

1 Like

At first, I thought it was cool and by design, Now I have ticks all over the place at the Boo Church. This is a bug. It was cool seeing a FNIX base get destroyed by them though it took a while. Then Game crashed. I am going to wait for a patch fix. It crashed on me several times now.

The recon update, announced for 23rd, should adress all these issues, as pontus said.
Keep calm, play another game in the meanwhile and try again on 23rd, like me. :wink:

2 Likes

Yep - maybe some of us could actually go outside for some fresh air, learn some Swedish, and have a selma or two.

1 Like

…what is it tick or gnome… :man_shrugging: :rofl: :rofl:

Gnome ticks.

You can find informations about them here:

…from Feb 2020 !?
We have August 2022 - no fix in this time… :man_shrugging: uuuups…

Why fixing a feature?
It’s the best stability and bug indicator I’ve ever seen.

The interesting thing to me about this tick bug is it is literally like an in-game contagious virus which ate its host. The bases multiply, and so do the ticks. Once they multiply enough times, the host (game) dies.

It’s actually kind of fascinating if you look at it from a virology point of view. Could be useful as a model for viruses somehow.

yes, you can loot tons of ticks

the bases spawn and level up within 15 minutes. You can’t destroy them anymore because the game crashes first

After the update, the ticks still infinitely spawn for me. The only difference this time is the game didn’t crash when I raided one of the bases.

…then you’re lucky, with me “everything” is like before the update…

look…

Eh, I spoke too soon. It crashed again when the ticks spawned endlessly and I accidentally fell into a pool of water. Guess I’ll just patrol the north shore until it’s fixed.

By the way, I also have those “unexploded” missiles you got towards the end (from the doggy while you behind the rock). A whole ton of them just land and stay there lit when one of the Russian Big Boys fire them at me.

Yeh me too, patched the Recon update when it arrived and was excited to see if the ticks were fixed as mentioned in the release notes, but they still happen. A lot.

Game also crashes whenever I’m close to a tick swarm or a FNIX base.

Plus saw some weird new behaviour where ticks were spawning from a Hunter corpse, but not fully ‘hatching’ into ticks, that is they’d just spawn continuously, spin around and then disappear. Fun to watch (and I’m not sure if you can make it out in this screener), but I don’t think that’s supposed to happen…

2 Likes

Video shows the ‘unhatched’ ticks better, not sure if this’ll work but here goes…

1 Like

Yeah,
The game is unplayable if there are Fenix bases any where near me.
Ticks everywhere…
Arrrrggh :weary:

Weeeeeeee

2 Likes

And there I was thinking it was fixed … I even filled in the vote thing somewhere saying ‘all good on the pc’ … D’OH!
5 minute video hopefully showing what the ticks are doing which might help de-bug them.

Platform: Steam PC

Description: Ticks party time - infinite ticks

Steps To Reproduce: Cleared a control point and some of the hunters started with the infinite spawning.

Images / Videos: https://youtu.be/TnFm_4-Do5A

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1 (self)

Specifications:
Windows 10 Home Version 21H2
Intel(R) Core™ i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
|Installed RAM 32.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Nvidia GTX 1070 (driver version 31.0.15.1694)

1 Like

Hay so the tick bug was mentioned as fixed but we just found at least 2 of them again.
And somehow my rockets started dissappearing too when they got close to them.

Hope it’s filled out right.

Platform: PC

Description: Infinit tick spawn still happening after update

Steps To Reproduce: Unknown at this point.

Images / Videos: Not been able to get them yet due to the quick crash

Host or Client: Host
Players in your game: 2

Specifications: PC. Updated drivers. Win 11. AMD CPU and GPU

1 Like