Tick-sized... Gnomes?

I’ve spent 50 hours of real life hours searching the town, no luck on PS4. Any tips?

3 Likes

Keep searching :joy: still no way to get a pinned location or fixed way to spawn it in yet

3 Likes

So, i found the gnometicks in the very same house as Xezr found them. :grin:

Details about the setting, in chronological order (click here to read)
  • MP game, 4x players, i was client and host was skill point cheater.
  • It was night-time in the game and night in my local time as well (03:32 AM, GMT+2).
  • We all t-ported to the Östervik church, from there 2x other players went ahead of me and host.
  • They met FNIX harv and it’s runners just next to the Xezr’s house.
  • They dispatched the harv before i reached it but i heared a lot of FNIX ticks blowing up.
  • Also, before reaching that spot, i saw dead harv flying into air since i marked it beforehand.
  • Once at the spot, it was littered with all kinds of ticks, all dead but sounded alive where some had lights flashing (screen below).
  • Other 3x players continued on, i decided to check out Xezr’s house.
  • Front door was openable and sure enough, met 2x gnomes, one in living room, another in kitchen (screens below).
  • Wasn’t able to interact (pick up) neither of the two.
  • Shooting the gnome at it’s back didn’t to nothing.
  • Shooting the gnome at it’s front (face), spawned 2x gnometicks out of it (screen below).
  • Gnometicks aggrod and attacked me, dealing considerable damage (screen below).
  • Since they took me by surprise, especially damage dealt, i scrambled to heal myself, rather than shooting back.
  • Both ticks run out of “juice” quite fast and blow up in a small fireworks, same/similar as regular collectible gnome if you shoot it.
  • There was no lootable body left behind.
  • However, at the outside, there was one tick who’s body was lootable (screens below).
  • Didn’t have much time to look around since host’s game crashed about 5 mins after that.

Screenshots (click here to view)

Gnometick in living room.

Front view of living room gnometick.

Gnometick in kitchen.

Front view of kitchen gnometick.

Gnometick spawn after shooting the stationary gnome.

Damage dealt by one jump attack (36 HP).

Dead tick armada at the front of the house.

Only one lootable tick outside of the house.

That tick’s loot table.

I still have no clue how or when gnometicks appear but they seem more common in MP rather than SP game.

4 Likes

PS4. Single player session. In game night time. Found a room with a single gnome. Killing it would reset the gnome. Probably killed it some 60 times before it stopped respawning. Unique loot included gnome pods (Some 12 of them) and a single blue gnome mask.

4 Likes

Where was the house located, and where in the house dit the gnome(s) spawn?

2 Likes

In Östervik. First room on the right behind overturned table.

6 Likes

Been grinding for 4 days, no luck. I assume the devs fixed its spawn from the world? I at least acquired 6 of the 7 masks I know exist as well as gnome pods. Only missing the Undead mask that I know of.

2 Likes

Yep, it wasn’t an intended feature to begin with so it’s likely removed.

2 Likes

Gnomes are still in the game post-patch.

4 Likes

Normally it pops for me, 6 of us grinded 4 days with the search, no luck.

2 Likes

They’re definitely still in here. I only heard about them over the weekend and wasn’t convinced they hadn’t been removed.

Found some about an hour ago.

4 Likes

Coordinates ? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

842, 293

South Ōstervik. The house that’s practically underneath the silo.

3 Likes

Now that i think about it, i think they were related to a mission somewhere in the game, i remember encountering them back in November, gonna check it out anyway!

3 Likes

I’ve been playing for months and months. 100% completion, with all trophies / achievements. I’ve never seen them. Well, not the tick variant.

The gnomes themselves are collectibles, but those are all located outside. These are random spawns inside the house.

4 Likes

I have seen them once because i remember being attacked by them, what i never found was gnome tick pods, that i did not, for now i m still not finding them, maybe just in multiplayer mode?

3 Likes

I’ve only seen them tonight for the first time and I was in multiplayer.

The game was really struggling. Earlier I’d had a random encounter where Hunters were shooting each other and spawning ticks endlessly. The frame rate and lag were terrible.

To try and escape the slow down I ran towards Ōstervik and saw that one of the houses had a load of tick debris outside. It didn’t normally, so it struck me as odd.

When I went inside in the living room there was a gnome with its back to the door, and in the kitchen there were two.

I’ve been in that house before, and since without encountering them.

2 Likes

I´m there (i think) at this moment and there are none, but it`s a solo session.
What a mystery it is :thinking: :rofl: .

3 Likes

4 Likes

Yes…there and i even checked the nearby houses :open_mouth: .

4 Likes