Ticks spawn of dead hunters

Here we go again :upside_down_face:

Since the Base Assault update i have seen this many times…
more then 10 times

The FIrst Time:
A pack of 3 Fnix Hunters near the docks of Østervik
dropping Ticks behind them that then proceeded to attack the hunters
and when they had destroyed the Hunter they went after me and i Crashed.

Screenshots (3)

The Second Time:
it were a Apocalypse Hunter, after i had destroyed it
and ran to the wreak i saw that it kept spawning Ticks pods, but these were not activating ticks, they just diapered after a short moment
(Also i think the Tick pad were Destroyed?, looks broken)

Screenshots (3)

and after the 4th time i started Started Recording them when i heard the tick explosion in the distance and tracked down the source

It would also seem it have spread to the The Fnix Base nearby Østervik The “Elgbakken Control Point” (North West of Østervik) <.<;
Also seems to draw more machines in, like Haywired ticks did, so it might be related?
This is the only time I’ve managed to get this close to the Base when it occurred before crashing
(also seems my FPS gets limited to 30 when this happens)

No, but one of my Characters had the Hacker Specialization, which I plan to pick something else after the “Re-spec” Update
but I’ll probably be back here before i pick anything just to check… ^.~

Also it happens for Both my characters (the other is have the Medic Specialization)

I found a hunter that drop unlimited Tiks, in the uppdate it say it is fixed but no.

In Forest Region, a Finix Hunter, its the second time i found one that are Finix Hunter.

Didn’t they say it’s a known issue?

This is a known issue that cropped back up from a update this year. Itll be fixed in a later update. It has also been reported a number of times since Base Assault.

Merged with main thread covering the issue. Like it said in the patch notes, it’s something that’s still being looked into. Probably being hard to track down.

//Mod

OK, at first I thought that it was a random thing, but after the third case it’s something that needs some more attention.

As of now I had 2 cases of ticks spawning of a dead hunter at Älgbacken Control Point in Forest region, and one at Överby Control Point in Farmlands.

If you are getting close to a control point and hear very rapid turret-allert sound then that is a sing of a missive tick infestation.

…and a second outpost I visited in the Farmlands - same problem

After a while my game crashed in both cases.

I’ve also encountered this in Östervik. It was a while ago now, but it also resulted in the game crashing to desktop after an excessive amount of Ticks had spawned. For now, feels like the best solution to this is to restart the session.

Total of 6 Finix Hunters dropp Tiks at the same time, 6 Hunters thats insane. and the game crach after 2 min

I think that this topic deserves a title change :flushed:

Nearby fellas:

Not from a dead Hunter, but healthy Tank.

And a little bonus:

For me at this moment GZ is barely playable in Farmlands and Forest regions. Most of the time when I get close to a FNIX outpost it’s a missive Tick infestation that ends in almost certain crash :expressionless:

1 Like

So Yesterday night i Visited Granhugget to hunt down some Tanks i heard a Tank were Attacking something, which turns out to be Ticks it had spawned, that then attacked the Fnix Tank and the Other Military Tank

I were able to attack them without Crashing, but Nothing on the Tanks could be destroyed: Fuel tank, Tickpod, Weapons, Panels everything were not able to be destroyed so took awhile to take them down and in the mean time Destroying the Military Tank
The Ticks spawning from the wreaked Fnix Tanks Tickpod had moved it from near the Crane on top the Hill near Grandhugget <.<

Since the Recording I have not been able to up the hill to even see the Crane on it before i Crash -.-

New when i go to Grandhugget Safe i hear the nearby Fnix Base Go Mental, just like in @0L0 Video Just above

Just like the Ælgbakken Control Point northeast of Østervik Already does…

So now to Huge Chunks of the Forest are Very now Crash Prone to me, which includes 2 Fnix Bases and 2 Major Areas Large Machines spawn and 4 Rival inside the Crash prone areas <.<
I do hope this does not Spread to the Farmlands…

1 Like

South Coast:

Thanks everyone for sharing this! The team is looking into why the ticks keep spawning like that and we appreciate all the info we can get from you here!

2 Likes

This happened at Leräng Fnix base, Ticks spawned until the game crasched.

But it happens on alot more places as well, game is barely playable at the moment.

I didn’t experience it yet.
Does it happen just on steam or just on xbox / pc gamepass or on Playstation, too?

It happens everywhere, its judt very random

It’s not just ticks spawning. I’m often seeing them accompanied by flames as if they’re being fired by an enemy along with very odd AI from the enemies at the scene.

3 Likes

Got it sorted out. It’s the FNIX outposts. The more are active (under FNIX control) the worse everything gets (ticks, gnomes, uninteractable things, etc.).
I had 17 active tier 3 outposts :crazy_face:

I destroyed every FNIX outpost, and about at 7-8 left active everything went back to normal… even Hagaboda!

Even the toughest machines FNIX has to offer can’t stand the might of the infinite tick spawns. They can quite quickly overwhelm a FNIX tank.

I claimed 10 outposts (4 forest + 6 farmland) of those 17, and I have on average only 1 or 2 FNIX bases taken control off by FNIX.