Unable to complete “Normal Lives” (Alpine Unrest)

same problem, set land mine on it and blew it up, nothing

A common fix was to go offline, and create a new character - and manually go to mission start.

I don’t know why or how, but only conclude it somehow “resets” the tracking as your a new build so it’s a different script - who knows.

But I have solved every mission issue since release using this method.

• Just remember to set up your Plundra before hand.

Happy hunting.

same issue here myself cant kill final enemy under ground.

20200716154333_1
20200716160027_1
20200716161012_1

I killed all the machines at the location and still the marker is still there. I don’t know how to resolve this.

Known bug, and this has happened to me too.
Next time you run into a bug, do search in the forums if it already exists. It helps sort out duplicate threads for the same bug.

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Guy’s - if you are willing to troubleshoot a possible fix while I’m in limbo for console release I may have a solution to re-generate the machines. It’s exactly the same fix that has worked base game - so if someone wants to give it a try - then we may have found a fix.

2 Likes

Same Issue here - Unable to go further.

Yup, same here. looking around for the last toaster, but none is to be found.

I truly don’t understand this. I bought the expansion, played it for maybe couple of hours and then forced to abandon it because a bug does not allow me to go any further. It’s been several weeks… no reply from company… nothing… bug sits there along with the developers, laughing at us…

So, 3 people have posted since my offer to help and find a solution post DLC and yet still tantrums.

Still, instead of taking ownership of a problem - you expect a company that’s already under enough stress to get it to console to reply - directly to a bug that can be fixed if you think outside the box.

1 Like

Good man,

So, as your on PC - there will be a different approach, but the principle remains the same. To re-create my set-up in situations like this follow this and see if it helps.

If machine spawn in an issue, this often works.

Set a loadout ready in your Plundra to get you through this mission only. Be generous.

Now, close the game, and dis-connect your internet connection.

Load the game as usual, and create a new character and load this character into game

Go to a location safe-house nearest to where mission start is for the glitched robots

Load your new character with your donated gear for this mission - collect it all and equip.

Manually walk to mission start location, and try to complete mission as per requests.

Once done, reconnect your internet connection in game so it updates your log tracker.

Let me know how you get on.

Alias

So, uhm, hello there!

I faced the same issue as well. Tried all I can - won’t work (I only DID NOT try the suggestion by @AliasDJA below - will do it tomorrow). I even “switched off” the whole DLC so I can forget about it for some time and enjoy the “FNIX Rising”. After I finished the 2nd DLC I switched on the 1st one. You know what? The quest and the quest mark DISAPPEARED. I thought that may be it was some little fix or else BUT then I decided to check the starting point - St. Charlotte Church. The quest was waiting for me, grinning from the wall :grinning:

After I “took” it (my hopes were that it could start anew) - NO - it just continued from the very point I abandoned it. Yeah, the floating target itself. I consider this little orange point as my Nemesis right now :exploding_head: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

What is the saddest thing about it is that this is THE ONE AND ONLY :see_no_evil: quest I have in the game. Got all the achievements and completed all other quests :grimacing:

Waiting for the patch soon.

Ok, some questions to AliasDJA.

What do you mean by this? how do you “set a loadout”?

But doesn’t that just update the log for the new character? The main character still hasn’t done the mission.

OK, firstly your jumping the gun in thinking this apply’s to you if your main hasn’t even done the mission yet.

As i explained, and for 100% clarity - this method is to be used in the event of enemies getting stuck, not spawning, or general mission criteria not happening ( as it should do so you can progress )…

AFTER you have already tried it and your are currently stuck with it not tracking as complete.

Now that’s cleared up to address your other 2 points.

Set a Load out - is to gather a set of equipment prior to obtaining -and load it onto your character.

The game does not track individual characters progress. If this was true we would all be able to have 4 fresh maps available but alas - we don’t…so there’s that.

I tried your way (as far as I had understood the procedure). All the same, no robot, just floating target. have you witnessed it all yourself?

Ok, first of all, I had never even created a second character before so I didn’t know about what circumstances were in play for that situation. Like, I assumed the missions reset and we were able to play the storyline from scratch.

Secondly… WE CAN’T START THE STORYLINE FROM SCRATCH??? Then what the hell is the point of secondary characters?? o.O o.O

Anyway, regardless… this didn’t work for me either. I did everything you said to no avail. I was wondering why you said “manually walk to mission start location” when the mission had already moved away from that area; as I just learned, bringing a new character onto the map doesn’t reset the mission so there really was no point in moving back to the mission start location, even though I did that just to be safe (but yeah, nothing was there anymore). No, I had the same targeting-prompt for an enemy that seems to be under the map at the last location where the final objective in the mission-quest-line is located and it was active from the start when I logged in with the new character; nothing had changed.

SgtPani, why did you withdraw this post? Did you find out a way to get past this?

Damn,

I said this earlier in the month that it is extremely frustrating not only to still be waiting for the DLC for my own satisfaction, but to check what has actually been fixed ( or not ) as the case clearly is for PC.

What I will do is add it to the current 42 things to check have been addressed post update - and will come back once I’ve found a fix - let’s hope now that the team have “returned” to what is considered normal working hours now and we get a date on the DLC to console.

Combine this with the general trickle of daily issues - and your sadly in a collective of other players that are just damn unlucky. I won’t go into the explanation as to why as clearly it’s of no benefit here.

I’ll be back.

I cannot complete the “Normal Lives” mission on Himfjall because an enemy tick wont spawn near the car. And i cannot complete/ progress with my “Off the Grid” Fnix rising DLC challenge because i discovered all the south coast outposts before i was actually able to do the challenge for them. Or maybe its bugged. Either way i don’t think i can progress with it any more. I play through steam can anyone help me out? its not urgent but i would love to be able to FC Generation 0 on my second playthrough.