Weapon augmenting - new feature announcements

Introducing: Weapon Augmenting!
This new feature will be introduced with the next update and will make the way you play even stronger and more fun!
Complete challenges to get better Augmentation Designs and spend crafting materials to upgrade your weapons!
Out soon. pic.twitter.com/T5aLQXQtWb

— Generation Zero (@GenZeroGame) October 23, 2023
1 Like

We needed better enemies, not stronger weapons :sweat_smile:

I mean…a few of the weapons are weak, like the kotenok and s14 but besides those its mostly okay.

lets see how this goes.

4 Likes

Yes. I also don’t feel that we need better weapons or even better enemies. But more variety would be nice.
No, not in cosmetics. I don’t need more skins for weapons or enemies. And not just more of the same weapons or the same enemies.

It’s about tactics.

I would wish to have the enemies less predictable, although it’s nice to find out their behaviours from time to time, their weakpoints, and to become able to fight them all.
But we’re also just teenagers. I miss the fear. The need to hide out. And the possibility to hide out. Enemies that almost always know where I am are boring cannon fodder.

And regarding weapons… I don’t need to have them all as soon as I reach the first plundra or leave the first region. I want to find them, that’s like earning them. And I want to be forced to chose wether I use my old gun or one of the others I found. There are so many of the same weapons and there is so much ammo for all of the good ones… That’s not the game I once started to play.

I like the idea of some cool and unique augmentations for my weapons, as this will bring more variety compared to the few attachments we have now. But I hope that they don’t just make each weapon better/stronger. More different is just enough.

I would like to see better machines that use a little logic to do battle. Doesn’t make sense for a tank to stare at a lynx when I am dumping lead in the south end of it, un-noticed. Tank runs back and forth, fires its weapon, but at no target. Hunters round a corner, knowing you are standing there, so they also just stand there, like they are thinking of what they want for dinner and not what weapon to blow me away with. Fire bird shows up when there is a reaper, they have a staring contest and no one is firing anything, till the reaper turns on it’d shields, then the firebird lets lose…Zero logic!

Most machines just stand around looking like they are lost and have no clue what to do. It’s boring, very boring.

2 Likes

This has already been openly discussed. Now it’s being “announced” it without ‘any’ details at all about what those augmentation designs will be? Not even one?

I would rather have an enemy I fear than new ways to make them into target practice.

4 Likes

It was announced that “in the upcoming weeks there will be some spoilers”. So this is the first one. An appetizer. More should come…

1 Like

the roadmap 2023 has already shown us enough that the game wont get harder this year. unless it would suprise us.

but i defenitely miss the fear from this game.

3 Likes

I know. No more hiding and setting traps or anything. I run towards what I hear and just start shooting when I see what I heard. Play for half hour, destroy many machines and health remains at 100% most the time. Running out of ideas to make it exciting to play. The weekly mission is for child beginners.

1 Like

That’s not the case for me.
I still need my advanced medkits and I use them quite often, because it’s so easy to get them.
I also need adrenalines from time to time. They are still quite rare, but in general I have 3 in my backpack and about 18 in the storage. I don’t craft them.

I don’t know how this new feature will be, but I think it will be a nice addition. They can’t change all at once which will be necessary to get a new and perfect Balance. The skill tree, as one of these things, will be changed, too… Let’s hope there will be more changes to other parts of the game (enemy behaviour, lootpool,…) to get there.

1 Like

Maybe the assault rifles will now get a grenade launcher like the Americans did.
The behavior of many machines also needs to be improved so that they stand around or a tank is not prevented from continuing to run by a tree trunk lying on the ground.

Was this announced only on X-twitter? Because I can’t see it… :thinking:

Yes, it seems so.
At least I check google by searching for “Generation Zero Twitter” every evening. By that I don’t miss news. Sadly you cannot trust just on the forum.

wonder what “Challenges” they designed… :thinking:

Me, too. Are them challenges in the challenges-tab? Like you unlock weapons and weapon-parts in Call of Duty? “Destroy 50 Tanks just with AI76 to unlock (underbarrel grenadelauncher and the next level for that challenge-tree, maybe underbarrel grenadelauncher for AG4…)”, for example?

as long as they are nothing like the daily assignments I am good with that :rofl:

1 Like

experiment attachments would be fun, ones that give robots big heads or silly stuff like that lol

[WEAPON AUGMENTING]
In the Research Tab, you'll be able to view your progress on unlocking new Augmentation Designs and check the resources needed to augment a weapon with each level!
You can then go to a Consumable Crafting Station to apply your designs to 1-5 crown weapons. pic.twitter.com/Zg5v6HCdpD

— Generation Zero (@GenZeroGame) October 24, 2023

To be true, this just looks like a skilltree for weapons.
Will there be some seeable changes to the weapons, after applying augmentations?

1 Like

I feel good about it stopping at 5c weapons. I was worried it would get too busy on the 6c ones. Looks like that issue was considered. I really hope they give melee a neat variety this way. Make it interesting to go “melee only”…

:thinking: very interesting… does the clothing upgrades % actually work now? I remember reading through the forums a while ago the bullet resistance didn’t actually work. I don’t want more bonus’ that are just nice to look at but don’t actually boost anything. but this sounds like it is full of possibilities. especially since I am very new to the game.