Weapon Wheel Megathread

Dpad now just serves to change ammo, and now i see i answered myself, R1 was to change ammo types!!

To select ammo-type or weapon-mode (double-tab).

1 Like

Four buttons for changing ammo?
Not a single one for (fixed) for example the binoculars?

1 Like

No, but you can quick press the radial menu button and one of the action buttons. Basically, the radial menu has 8 slots, and the four cardinal slots are also bounded to A/B/X/Y or square/cross/circle/triangle

On PS4
You just use the Left (change weapon mode) and Right (Switch ammo)
the up and down buttons are no longer used for anything.

2 Likes

feature request

Please bind dpad up to binoculars and dpad down to flashlight.

Flashlight is R3, as always has been.

But yeh UP for binoculares
and DOWN for medkit would be VERY USEFUL.

6 Likes

Under the new item wheel mechanic while the wheel is in use the functions of the X,Y,A,B buttons on the Xbox controller function differently than when the wheel is not in use, i.e. it appears you can use them to select from the 4 items in the North, East, South, and West areas of the wheel. Since changing button behavior can obviously be done when the item wheel is operating why not do something likeā€¦ when the item wheel is visible, the D-pad selects the items in the North, South, East, and West areas of the wheel while the X,Y,A,B buttons select the Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, and Northwest areas of the item wheel? By doing this the thumb sticks would still be available for use to move/aim and youā€™d use the D-pad or buttons to select a specific item.

Seriously, movement stopping during combat to switch items is going to get us all killed, especially in Reaper fights.

1 Like

I am finding swapping out to med packs a bit of a nightmare, the old system allowed for much more fluid combat, hopefully I get used to this or itā€™s changed again :thinking:

4 Likes

It was better for using medkits and using binocules yes.

4 Likes

The Wheel for scrolling through your equipment should be able to be toggled on and off for those who dont like seeing it, it coming up on their hud when they wanna make a quick weapon change without having to press any of the number keys

2 Likes

Moved to existing feedback thread.

//Mod

Playing on PC. ā€œMechanicallyā€, I liked how it was implemented - 8 fully customizable slots instead of 7 specialized. Better flexibility. But this QoL potentially makes game waaay too easy. Especially when combined with ā€œdeployā€ button in the inventory screen on any deployable asset. No more juggling for a mere 3-4 randomized canisters to place a trap or drop a single medbox/ammobox.
What I dislike about it is damn blur, that blinds me and restricts situational awareness.
P.S.: a bit off-top, but I really appreciate assigning assets by pressing relevant key and menu is less rigid, more responsive. Still, sorting mess, though.

Iā€™m on xbox, and Iā€™m genuinely shocked at how badly the wheel works in relation to a controller.

Youā€™ve gone from three weapons and four kit options, all of which are accessible while moving, and all of which are accessible via a single button input, to a system where everything is lumped together, you canā€™t move when accessing it, and they require at least two inputs.

Doing basic things like healing during a firefight and then switching back to your gun are now needlessly slow, in a game that already has slow actions despite you often being in very fast-paced situations.

How on earth did you even manage this?! All you had to do was to make the handgun slot an ā€œany item you want it to beā€ slot, and youā€™d have made the game that much more fun, but instead, youā€™ve made it even more clunky.

I honestly donā€™t know if Iā€™ve got the patience to keep playing, at this point.

6 Likes

This game was perfect before the wheel. This is not grand theft auto five. The original system was generation zero. This crap gta 5 wheel needs to go. I donā€™t even want to play this game due to this one feature. Keep your originality donā€™t feed in to the cry babies. You guys have an amazing game. Donā€™t turn it into battlefield 2042.

4 Likes

Well, I quite like the new wheel, and right now you are the cry baby.

1 Like

I was about to buy this game and all its dlc. I am glad I waited. Because if I did pay I would be crying right now. Thank god for game pass.

At least make it optionalā€¦

3 Likes

For me (on PS5) the new weapon wheel is ok.

I like now to be free in selecting my gear.
Equiping the wheel is fast and, knowing which item I placed where, selecting one thing is easy and fast, too. Donā€™t forget the quick-selection keys.

I agree that sometimes itā€™s annoying that movement stops when opening the wheel and I donā€™t understand why both sticks are set to be usable for selecting an item. Maybe an accident?

So please let us just use the right stick for selection from the wheel and keep the left for movingā€¦ And let us be able to move.

Using the dpad for changing ammo-type or weapon-mode is ok. I really was used to use R1 for this purpose and sometimes it still happens that I tab R1 and the wheel pops up. Arg. Shit happens.

I donā€™t understand why dpad up and down have no use anymore.

Please add that dpad up is used to use the binoculars. With this setting most of us get one additional slot in the wheel. Me, who donā€™t uses the binoculars in general because I need the slots for other stuff, would be thankful to have a fixed binding on dpad up for it.

Additionally dpad down could be used for flashlights or as another selectable slot for an item (no weapon).

One more thing I like to mention:
I love now to be able to use items directly from the inventory which gives even more options/slots for the wheel. I donā€™t have to select for example a radio from the inventory to a slot, selecting the slot use a single radio anymore. So my slots stay untouched and these placeable items come faster to ground than before.

And I also love the additional information provided by the weapon-wheel.

Iā€™ve just played a few hours and still need to get used to the new system, but thatā€™s ok after played thousands of hours with the old system.

2 Likes

Give us the option for scroll wheel or old method ā€¦ scroll wheel is useless . It stops all movement and flow of game ā€¦ us for gadgets and give old method back for weapon swap

8 Likes