Weapon Wheel Megathread

My old Xbox configuration was:

D-pad1 = First Aid Kit
D-Pad2 = Binoculars
D-pad3 = Field Radio
D-pad4 = Flares

All the above could be used on the move.

Guns 1, 2 and 3 all on Y button like everyone else. All could be cycled through on the move.

This new equipment wheel is simply terrible. And we no longer have the ability to assign items to the D-pad buttons. As if that’s not bad enough, as the original post notes, activating the equipment wheel interrupts the flow of the game and freezes our character in place, but adversaries continue to deal you damage. Are we really expected to freeze our character in place while we search this equipment wheel for First Aid Kits while we’re taking incoming rockets from a harvester or tank (or reaper). That’s a great way to get yourself killed in this or any other shooter game.

What a shame. This game has beautiful artwork, excellent audio, an interesting storyline, challenging adversaries and so much more. It’s a real shame to see it made unplayable by a world-class awful UI update.

6 Likes

This would be so much better for console players. The fact the controls are set makes this worse in my opinion. I truthfully loved the old style and this new one killed the love I had for this game. I already have a tough time readjusting to new controls, but this weapon wheel is horrible. I’d rather fight multiple tanks with little to no equipment equipped and have my weapons set before a fight. I can at least know I have a fighting chance with those controls. This new weapon wheel kills my momentum and with the way i play, running circles around the bigger fellows became infinitely harder because the second i need to change weapons or even equip my binoculars for a health check on the enemy, I’m being blasted by rockets, explosive shotguns, and barraged by these new LYNX guys. I lose the mobility I had with this new scheme and I hate it. Maybe if the controls go back to what they were or am given the option to change it, I’ll come back to play, but for now, I’m putting Gen Zero on the back burner. This completely killed how much fun this game is.

5 Likes

Please, developers add the option to switch between the wheel or the old method for items. My mom who’s been playing for a while now has arthritis and can’t quite use it very well. Thanks for the time and consideration.

3 Likes

I don’t think that it’s possible to make it optional.
There are too many changes between the systems. It not just a different overlay or changed buttons.

But it could get some optimizations indeed (as written before). That’s what constructive critics are important for. It doesn’t help just to cry to want the old system back or to say that it’s bad.

We are the gamers and often have better ideas to improve the useability. And the devs read it and try to help for issues. But if there are just hundreds of complaints but no more ideas or exact explanations it’s hard for them to see which critics are useable or just crying.

1 Like

so on PC the wepon wheel is a good idea but on xbox/PlayStation its the worst thing originaly it worked just fine and i want to have the option to go back but now you cant even use a medkit becouse you need to stand still to do so

Plz add option to go to preveous system

And sry for format im on moble and rant im very ubset about inv and new enemy

2 Likes

If they made it so you could still walk while using it, that’s all they need to do. For now, you can jump and switch in the air.

2 Likes

It should be selectable wether to use right or left stick for selection in weapon-wheel. Both are senseless.

And please add that you’re able to change gun-mode (dpad left) or ammo (dpad right) while using scope.

4 Likes

Merged feedback into the main thread.

//Mod

On Xbox and a recent player loving this gem of a game but certainly not the new wheel, please make it optional. The main comments from people I turned onto the game were how smooth and original GZ is. The wheel breaks this making combat a total PITA for us Xbox players.

5 Likes

No this isn’t gta 5…. Gen zero has its own system. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

2 Likes

PC user, so I set up all slots and can chose from using a slot number keyboard press or use I the wheel. I like the ability to equip additional weapons to slots with the new system. So yes. All good from my point of view.

1 Like

I hate the new wheel, i want the option of using the old way of using inventory. The wheel has slowed down my ability to instantly switch between weapons and also instantly use first aid kits. The wheel sucks. You should have left the option of users deciding which one they want to use.

6 Likes

Another topic merged with main feedback thread. Remember to keep it civil when you post.

//Mod

Having the same problems here on PS4 … im getting on a bit old and not as dextrous as I once was and finding trying to change in combat fatal.

Current just swopping between 1 weapon and med kit using the green triangle so the wheel has cut quite a few options for me.

I think it was better as it was but i’d say change the 3rd slot from handgun to any weapon and it would be perfect for me as i rarely use the 44 or any handgun.

I think new players will struggle more with the wheel and it will make it hard for them to experiment and find the best tactic’s that work for them.

7 Likes

Im sorry to say whoever you are that you are scarilly disconnected from the console comunnity. While on pc it may be a fine addon… there was nothing and dare i say NOTHING wrong with the previous option. And if its not going to be changed then make at least AT LEAST an option for us to use the old one if not… well then i gues ill refund every single thing i have bought from you guys so far

1 Like

Sorry to say I don’t own a modern console, I only play on PC. So I don’t know many of the technical aspects there. So I try to help where I can. Mind you I’m just a moderator, I am not a dev.

Edit: What I can do is make sure the devs see the feedback made here though :+1:

6 Likes

That i do understand. I just created my profile too just so i can hopefully bring a change to this. I bought the game at launch and have seen many a changes. Mostly for the better. But this… this is taking something fundamental that has stayed the same or has seen little change in years… people were comfortable using it… now its suddenly changed… its like when gran tourismo suddenly went forza style… its not part of their game… and neither should this radial wheel be. Its handicapping combat. Its clunky and it frankly shouldnt have been introduced in the first place. Time could have been spend elsewhere. Like improving the map for tearing (wich is still present 2 yrs later) or fix floating objects and ghost bullets, or even handgrenades, where the first one i throw in combat always explode in my face… and is still not fixed

Congratulations… ypu are the minority. And are you on console or pc cause thats what we have been talking about

1 Like

Or bring the old system back

3 Likes