Weapon Wheel Megathread

It struck me earlier this week, but now that I found the URL, I have to share… Systemic Reaction had a working weapon wheel in July 2021. JULY! :sweat_smile:

I trust in each and every employee who works and worked on this game, but some people with decision-making and managing authority probably made a few mistakes here…

I’m not saying I could do a better job; no. I’m saying that because I’m sad with the current state of the game I bought. :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Why remove the regular weapon change for Console?

I like the wheel but you not need to remove the option of changing weapons pressing “Y” button on xbox controller or “Triangle” button Playstation controller, now if I was a specific weapon I need to enter the wheel, in combat this is not a good option, cause if I accidentally use my mian weapon but the second one is not a throwable or something I can’t use has a weapon like binoculars and I am fighting an strong enemy or in higher difficulty, I’ll die before I could grab the gun on the wheel that just pressing the “Y” button like it use to be, please re-add the option to be able to change weapons by just pressing “Y”, thank you for listening.

2 Likes

I highly dislike the new weapon wheel. I won’t play the game because I’m sitting there trying to switch to a weapon or a medkit while getting shot.
I know some people may like it but I would definitely like the old controls back. I have three d pad buttons that I cant set or use anything also you use to be able to double tap Triangle or Y to use your side arm that function is now longer available. All in all the new controls are very clunky and I would definitely like to see an option to go back to the orginal controls

6 Likes

Yeah I’d just like to say I’ve tried this getting used to the wheel but honestly it a nightmare I’ve died many times now because of it I was one of the first to post on this thread and can I just say I’m amazed by the divide of console vs PC on this matter so obviously the wheel works on PC but is a failure on console so my final vote is please just role back the update remove the wheel for consoles and re patch

Although I do like the idea of putting the wheel on L1 or LB and having both emotes and equipment wheels switchable on that button say press LB TAP D-PAD To switch between the 2 wheels.

That sounds like it would solve the whole communities problems we keep wheel for those who like it but get our faster more intuitive control system back for fast paced combat.

I say problem solved there!

3 Likes

i like this game a heck of a lot… thats why in many of my replies i might sound “aggressive” and like a “prick” but thats only beceause i care a lot for this game and have been playing it for years. If i didnt know what to play id put in my gen z disc and i was bound to have a good time… so sorry devs etc if i seem hatefull. Im just hella dissapointed thats all

2 Likes

One other thing I noticed: With a gamepad, you cannot quickly deploy a gadget of quickly consume a medkit with the wheel. You need to first equip them by closing the wheel, than press the “use”/fire button.

With the mouse and keyboard, when you use the mouse’s scroll wheel to select something, you can automatically deploy or use the item… That’s another oversight. :disappointed_relieved:

Also… I just tried the “mouse and keyboard”, and I wasn’t expecting that the scroll wheel would be also bound to the weapon wheel! That’s a bold decision. :sweat_smile: Now I understand why some people both “sides” have troubles with the weapon wheel.

That’s not correct, the Weapon Wheel works perfect for me.

2 Likes

Oh, that’s a great benefit for pc users.
Or does it work with keyboard/mouse on consoles, too?

Don’t know if there is a way to make it possible on consoles with gamepad and the wheel, too, because you would need even more buttons, I guess.

Or would it make the game even too easy? Too much features for useability would destroy much of the atmosphere… That you’re only a boy/girl in a world of aggressive enemy machines and are always under pressure.

After all it’s now possible to use items directly from inventory. That’s a great thing which wasn’t possible before the update.

And after all you can’t die (game over)… don’t forget that it doesn’t matter much if you get shot down. I bet, in a game with limited lives the game itself would be much easier to handle. :wink:

Argh… Sorry… Language barrier. :sweat_smile: I didn’t mean to convey that everyone has troubles with it. I’ll edit it.

Count me in as a hater of the wagon wheel on consolec(Xbox)… Only way I survived many battles was to keep adding medication while fighting. Now i have to stop, scroll to meds, hope it selects, then add enough meds, scroll back to weapon and HOPE it selects (yes, I am repeating myself for a reason). and fight on.

Bring back the old version, or give a choice…

1 Like

That’s funny. I actually think that the weapon wheel (which is not exclusively a “weapon” wheel) makes using medkits WAAAAY simpler*.

You don’t, @oldfogie ?!

*When there are medkits in it.

If medkits (and gadgets) would be auto-assigned to their previous quick/radial slot, the weapon wheel would work as expected, IMHO.

Also, all tier of medkits (I can’t remember their names) should be stacked, like it worked in old games like Diable if I remember correctly. I might be wrong, but I know that some games will let you quickly use medkits, no matter their tier.

Would be ok for me.
But the experimental medkits should be excluded because of their very special effects.

Oh. I didn’t even know experimental medkits were a thing. :sweat_smile:

I have to say… On PC, with a mouse and the keyboard, you can easily play without using the Wheel at all it seems. :thinking: (Aaaand you get more slots anyway.)

Here’s an excerpt of a reply I got from support.generationzero.com while reporting a the losse of “memory” of the quickslots (and the weapon wheel):

For now, the wheel is not an optional feature so there is no way to deactivate it and we know it has some glitches we’re already trying to fix.
We have received a number of reports regarding this and a report has already been sent to our dev team who will consider implementing the wheel as an optional feature and fixing the glitches actually occurring.

2 Likes

Today I figured out why there could be the left AND right stick bound to the weapon-wheel. I would bet it was a mistake, that it works like it works now…

But did you realize that placing a new item /weapon from inventory to a slot of the wheel works much better with the left stick as your right thumb is free to press cross (ps) so select the slot?

Maybe it’s just my personal feeling, but wanted to tell this idea of a possible reason for the situation.

I have been talking to some friends. One of them says he also stopped playing before he acctually got the chance to see some of the new rpbots. Since you can now only switch in real time between 2 weapons and nothing else with triangle. We had a long disscussion about it and yeah the feelings were mutual. The other friend doesnt know that the update changed this whole mechanic. I want to tell him but i want him to experience it for himself. So far all ppl i know dont like this change. Except for some ppl online and here in this forum

It seems that most people who use a mouse and a keyboard think that the wheel is useless.

It seems that some gamepad gamers are OK with it, but I think that most people either dislike or hate it. :sweat_smile:

I switched to mouse and keyboard and I’ll stick to that for a while.

1 Like

After some days, i have indeed died more times because of the new system.
Its good to have 6 weapons at the same time, but it takes longer to change weapons if they are not in one of the 4 quick slots buttons.
On the PS4 we have no function for the UP and DOWN buttons in the DPAD.
Why not using these 2 as an extra slot for equipment? like medkits and binoculars?
It would make the process easier.
More testing is needed.
It might be a better system for PC users, but at least its not for PS4 users (i cant give an opinion for Xbox users).
And my suggestion is that instead of using both analog sticks to control the wheel, we use only the right one, giving to the left one the function to move (WALK) while we use the other for the Wheel.

2 Likes

With a mouse and a keyboard, I very rarely use the weapon wheel.

I also played on PC with an Xbox One controller and we also lost functionalities for the D-Pad.

I like your suggestion about the D-Pad and you are not the first one doing it.

Hopefully we’ll get some kind of announcement this week. I’m a bit worried that they might not be able to ship a solution this week though. However, that’s just an uneducated assumption.

1 Like