[Weird Terrain] Dump miscellaneous terrain issues you see here!

It seems the entire Norrmyra Artillery Base area got a little bit too little attention. Floating roads, floating paths and unaligned textures are all over the place.

(Not to mention the extremely repetitive harmonica looks of the trimmed hedges and stone walls in the area.) :grimacing:

Screenshots!

Floating paths and ugly alignment all around this grass patch:

Tons of pizza slices:

Floating road:

Overlapping roads:

Floating road:

Misaligned path:

Perfectly aligned :wink: flickering square sheet underneath the table:

2 Likes

It looks like a Terrain Hole, but it’s not. And it’s in the middle of fricken’ nowhere, too. But it looks ugly and breaks muh immersion so here it is. East of FOA Facility, up the mountain.

Another angle.

LOC:

2 Likes

:red_circle:

2 Likes

This happens in every house with this layout :hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

And a couple more:

Screenshots!

Long inter-dimensional rock formation next and above the entrance to the unnamed safehouse in Sävered area. Also some pointy rocks to the right just outside screenshot.

“Morphing” harmonica ridges on the mountain next to Beredskapsförråd 105:

Low res hill near Farstaborg:

Rock in fence at the airport:

Grass inside the barracks between Granlugnet and Balders Vall:

Protruding terrain in several basements in Markbacken:

Weirdly aligned road in Markbacken / Kyrkhöjden:

Floating road along the entire pier in Hagaboda:

Floating path near Sundgård:

Weirdly aligned road between Bergrum “Björnen” and Beredskapsförråd 107*:

Plant inside shed in Stillsjön:

Terrain through stairs at the pier east of Boo:

Another weirdly aligned road between Norra Salthalmen Ferrry Pier and Grantorp:

Floating roads in Norra Salthalmen Ferrry Pier:

Weirdly aligned path in Måsskär:

Floating road towards Stenhaga Farm:

Floating road east of Stenhaga Farm:

Floating road west of Yttervik:

Rock through support beam of shed in Bergrum Myskoxen:

Vegetation inside, rocks in fence and somewhat weird pointy rock in Stenmyra:

Not sure if this is intentional but the way in which this entrance of Hermelinen Command Bunker is buried in the terrain looks quite unnatural in several ways:

And the last one: that should not be there inside Anl 144 Vidsele:

2 Likes

Indeed :hear_no_evil:(Imagine me in a darkened room at night with the audio via speakers on a 100W sound installation) … Almost jumped out of my chair the first time that happened. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Floating rocks ahoy

!

2 Likes

Please post this in Floating Objects, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This specific rock was already mentioned there.

1 Like

Oversize hitbox on northern end of the wooden bridge in Kalleby:

2 Likes

Just had a weird one at Torsburger Safe House. Exited and immediately fell through the landscape onto a dock below, which when I walked away, I came thoufgh the cliff face and the dock was behind. Funny. Walked towards the trucks and the whole area in front of the concrete was fall-through. Eventually, I found a piece of concrete that i didn’t recognise, because it is normally behind a cliff face. Finally took a screen shot.

First one is edge of ground, second is two yards to the left of the first (the other side of the cliff) and the third, another shot of it. But everything round the dock that wasn’t concrete was fall-through and when I came out and tried to go back up the ramp, suddeny “Run Left” was permanently pushed so I rushed round in circles until i quit the game to desktop. I normally come here, so it’s since the update I downloaded yesterday evening.

2 Likes

Later on in Torsburger, I found this at the bottom somewhere - what looks like a white sheet is well, a white sheet, one molecule thick, and two feet high, dividing the stairs in two. It cannot be crossed.

2 Likes

:red_circle:

2 Likes

This was reported earlier in a specific location; I can now confirm that ALL staircases in bunkers like the one pictured have the same issue; the top-left corner is not solid and can be clipped through. This is fairly gamebreaking in many aspects so here’s hoping this’ll be fixed soon.

Example location; but it seems ALL staircase areas have this issue.

2 Likes

@Zesiir. Hopefully not too soon. :wink: I’ve tried to use this glitch in an attempt to catch Runners “phasing” through walls in the act. But since they lost their minds with the September update it hasn’t been successful (they basically don’t move around in combat mode when you’re out of sight). It would somewhat be a shame if that opportunity gets lost before that phasing bug gets fixed. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is a whole wall missing from the Inn by the coast (the one from the mission " Last Stand"):

2 Likes

A dead soldier buried in the ground:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Every gate door at this farm has some sort of invisible “pole” in the exact middle of the opening. You fit fine between the invisible pole and the edge of the gate, so it’s not a huge issue. But there’s certainly something there.

Simple bench-in-the-ground.

The road is floating above the ground in the first picture. The third picture shows the same thing happening with the dirt at that same intersection.

2 Likes

Ah, I posted this in the terrain hole thread. Will remove ithere.

2 Likes