[Weird Terrain] Dump miscellaneous terrain issues you see here!

Torsberga Fort and surroundings:

Extremely weird terrain/collision/clipping issue at the third artillery site - player character gets caught and zapped around in that location; floating leaves, cannon foundation too low, terrain very smooth/sandy, visual tear in textures.

Same place, indoors:

Rails not connected, blast doors pass through railcar:

Container in staging area has clipping issues:

Inside:

Further towards the coast, trees in sea:

1 Like

Bridge in Osterhallen (Himfjäll)

The walkway on the bridge at the certain spot doesn’t have terrain collision and player falls through the bridge, on the ground below. Same “pothole” is on the both sides of the bridge’s walkway.

1 Like

Fiskebäck:

Road issue:

Placement issues:

Bus stop is tilted:

Not all garages are aligned with wooden foundation:

Stairs again (the stair prop should probably get longer ‘legs’/pegs to solve this issue globally):

Container door clipping:

Pier hole:

Shed prop is crooked on front lower end (global issue):

Close by, Tangekil - several rocks placed too far outside the hill:

Rock occlusion issue (applies to all instances of this model):

Several issues around this house:

Barrels clipping into foundation (also planks way too big):

House not centered on foundation:

Walkway in the middle of nowhere:

Edit: better pictures; also: boat embedded in solid rock:

Likely issue: house was placed with ‘decorations’, then moved accidentally.

Useless walkway:

Bunch of issues at the pier:

Floating trash:

Crooked pole:

Already-reported car engine issue:

And, not really a terrain issue per se, but annoying nevertheless - I present ‘the awful shrub’:

Please do something about the collision / hit box of that thing and its siblings of various sizes. I cannot count the times I died because I got caught and blocked by that when sneaking/escaping.

1 Like

Oddly angled terrain near Anl 118 Färela has a tree with clipping issues.

LOC:

1 Like

And a boarded up door inside the north-westernmost house in Salthamn, which can be used like a regular door. There’s nothing inside, looks funny though.

LOC:

1 Like

Norrmyra base:

Door ‘hole’ with low-def texture, same as Knaperanna farm:

Floating barrels:

Floating road texture:

Inside the terrordrome, stepping onto the plane cockpit causes the canopy to slide off and separate its frame from the glass:

1 Like

Whooa when happened that the jet plan collided with FOA2 guard post? I saw the place before and there was just a plain mark. The amount of concrete platforms seems to increased as well, remember only four of them and the big one in the middle.

1 Like

It’s a nice area - no clue as to how it looked before, but it’s great environmental storytelling :yum:

To expand on an issue others have noted as well - this building has a distracting LOD issue, globally.

As do all of these pipes - it probably is at least partially tied to graphics settings, but I think the difference between states is too big - it’d probably deserve an intermediary LOD level to balance things out:

Some mesh fences do throw a shadow, depending on player position, but curiously they only do it partially. Global issue as well.

Gap between ground and concrete at Muskudden Port:

Massive hill on road in Klinte, also not only an optical illusion (in contrast to most of these issues):

1 Like

While performing Beyond the Barricade I’ve noticed a floating ammo box in one of the westernmost houses in Stenungsnas.

EDIT:
So in another house I found the same arrangement and it looks like the cupboard underneath the box was blown away when I was fighting hunters.

1 Like

Next bunch:

Entire house, including bushes, decoration etc. is placed too high:

Nearby, road issues:

Up north, more road issues:

craggy ridges in road on bridge:

Close by, maybe 75 meters to the east, lake with ocean waves (and trees in the water):

Strangely unnatural slope:

1 Like

Z-Fighting on windows in one of the houses in Sillavik

1 Like

Super-large pylons at the resistance camp:

Trash can embedded in kitchen floor:

Global issue: all timber has the wrong texture at the ends (it reuses the texture from the sides):

1 Like

Those pylons, or traffic cones are regular sized and a very common sight in Sweden.
Also it feels like the textures on those timber pile props hardly warrant as a “global issue”…

1 Like

A backpack embedded in a chair in one of the northernmost houses in Lannbacka

1 Like

‘Global issue’ as in: all props of the same make, no matter where in the game world they are placed are having the same issue; in this case all timber, in all barns or stacks, has a texture applied that could be modified when the artists have nothing better to do. Or, like in previous posts, all houses with a certain layout have issues with the chimney, or all windows in the ‘kitchen/dining room wing’ have a z-fighting issue, or all houses with the additional right-side wing have a door that crashes into the shelves and smashes a lamp…

I think the beauty in recognizing a ‘global’ issue lies in the simplicity of the fix - adjust one instance, and ideally it should carry over to all other instances without having to touch up every single one of them. Compare that to issues like the ‘broken’ lakes or misplaced light sources I reported before - these need to be adjusted by hand, location by location.

No urgency is implied - I’m aware that most issues I’ve raised are not relevant to gameplay or mission flow. They’re just visually distracting, and I think that most of them are likely easy to correct.

3 Likes

No problemo, thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tessellation issue at ferry:

As an addition to the terrain holes in this location:

Weird textures:

Snow (and presumably rain) inside a deep cave:

Lake with partially missing water surface:

Rock inside building:

Lighting issue with chair (edit: global problem with this model, seems to ‘glow’ in the dark):

Terrain inside shed:

Invisible part in middle of garden gate is blocking the way:

Tessellation issue:

Färela bunker lights are floating in mid-air; other bunkers have them attached to the roof:

Book shelf / small sideboard in small house (global):

1 Like

Weird terrain around Torsberga Fort:

Looks like someone had an accident with the engine terrain elevation tool.

Unnaturally flat rock surface, texture issues:

Similar:

Boo Church Stairs:

Broskulla:
Barrel and wheelbarrow sunk beneath surface, rise when touched:

Skogslägret (?):

Tessellation issue:

Marden Command Bunker, Habitat Section, top floor, right, then left, last room on the left:
Installation cabling mid-air:

Same, but left (semi-global; some but not all bunkers have the door opening the other way to avoid this issue):

Lower floor:

Semi-global for this room, as noted by others:

Same issue, same location in Sorken Command Bunker:

And this:

And this:

The door issue is fixed here:

The backpack issue too:

Inside Hermelinen:

Shelves and items flicker in and out of existence, walls too:

Again; leaning towards global for now:

Z-fighting, darker yellow texture:

Boom-shaka:

Weird lighting:

And again:

Outside Hermelinen:
Floating shack and decorations:

Sunk bucket, firewood in shelf:

Shading issue:

Step too high, blast door hollow:

And Minken:

Backpack sunk in bed sheets:

Rusksele - decoration floats:

Close to Aspenas; another ‘slip’ of the terrain tool - strange, very pointy ridge close to a lake:

A bit further, munitions storage with borked fence (alpha mapping), looks burnt somehow; also not on map:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Terrain Holes] Dump 'em here!

Weird ‘wet’ texture issue causing straight dividing lines on road:

And, more of an oddity than a bug - this house contains an absurd amount of lootable containers:

Weirdness with fence:

Tree in wall:

Knaperänna Farm, barn:

Tessellation issue:

Terrain with sharp angles:

Container stuck in chimney / texture or LOD issues:

Texture / terrain tool gone wrong:

Invisible post in gate:

Street issue:

Semi-global issue with the loading dock doors:

Semi-global issue with the room behind - this door would open to the outside of the building, but there’s no equivalent door on the exterior:

This ditch has seawater waves:

Floating wall close by:

Jägarstugan:

Happy little terrain tool accident:

And another one:

Partially floating tank, elevated higher than the other one next to it:

1 Like