What are your thoughts?

So glad that you ended up having a blast!

Okay, what are my thoughts at the moment?

I really like the whole scenario. I donā€™t know what i have to expect, trying to avoid all them spoilers! :smiley:
Reminds me a bit of good olā€™ STALKER!

But, i canā€™t enjoy it at the moment because of heavy performance issues from the game. And i really hope there will be patch the next days to fix this so i can sunk into that game :stuck_out_tongue:

Meanwhile i would give it a 5 of 10. Canā€™t be angry bout it, but also canā€™t recommend it at the moment.

So, keep going, Devs! :smiley:

Iā€™ve played around 8 hours mostly coop with my brother but some single player. Overall Iā€™m having a blast and itā€™s great, some totally unfair reviews out there. A few things Iā€™d like fixed:

1. Lots of bugs in the game, none game-breaking seen as yet but trees coming through buildings, some ticks seem to get stuck in the environment etc. etc.

2. The inventory is unfriendly, things donā€™t stack automatically and it needs real micro management.

3. In coop an option to fast travel to my buddy without a radio beacon would be nice, we ran out and it took ages to meet up again. Please just let me fast travel to my buddy so we can have a blast together!

4. In bunkers my ps4 is glitchy and struggling a bit, needs a bit of tidying up

5. Sometimes the main weapons wont change very easily, annoying in the heat of battle.

On the upsideā€¦ great enemies and ai its superb. Shooting is pretty good and solid. Atmosphere is top banana, totally nailed that.

Iā€™ve seen lots made about the buildings - clearly there was a budget (I saw some live streams before launch and this was made clear), and I donā€™t have a problem with it, the buildings could be better but no problem.

On exploring and loot. I love the slow exploration, I love the loot, possibly a few more rare items would be nice but Iā€™ll see how my game goes. Like the fact the game doesnā€™t hold your hand, itā€™s a 90s game in the modern day (alien trilogy was similar in the explore methodically sense with atmpsphere). Visually its fine and sound is top banana, really nailed sounds.

All in all ā€¦having a blastā€¦looking forward to some patches well done to all involved.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not a finished product and should not be purchased as such no matter how much we want it to succeed Iā€™m a massive fan of hunter and thatā€™s why I put my faith in genzero

1 Like

I feel like I encounter new bugs every day.
Ticks attack your through the bunker, even tho of you are running on top of the bunker.
Then some Robots can enter the safe house when all doors are locked!!
I lost my ā€œmissionsā€ after finishing ā€œover and outā€.

The good, the bad and the ugly is the way Iā€™d describe it:

The Good

• Visuals: the Graphics, VFX, machine design, weather and lighting, are all great
  • Audio: Even better, especially the weather effects
  • Combat: Itā€™s a lot of fun, and feels challenging without being overwhelming. The bots, and weapon to kill them feel solid.

The Bad

• The loot balance: too much adrenaline, ammo and health make it easy to face roll instead of being tactical
  • The quests are lackluster (thus far), and donā€™t feel like you a growing sense of agency as you take on the bots.
  • The bot status indicator lessen the tension as you know exactly where they are, and how alert they are. This would be better served diegetically through visual and audio cues (at least make it optional).

The Ugly

• Bugs. All the bugs: While itā€™s great that the are working hard to fix a lot of these, that fact remains that the game shipped in a woefully unpolished state. Thereā€™s quests that canā€™t be completed, times that your entire inventory just disappears, or bots spawn inside some safehouses.
  • The inventory: Thereā€™s no ability to sort loot, you canā€™t use items that arenā€™t assigned to quick slots, quick slots donā€™t stack first, you canā€™t quickly tell which items you canā€™t pick more of when all the slots are taken, itā€™s not easy to quickly identify which ammo is for what gun (yes you can read the description, but an icon on each type would be much easier to see at a glance, especially while in combat) -it all works to slow the game down, and distracts and detracts from the core gameplay experience.

The good news is that the core of the game is good, and that all of the issues can be addressed while staying true to the vision as to what Generation Zero is meant to be.

1 Like

Really enjoying it so far. Played for a few hours the other day with my friend and we had a blast. The enviorment is so good, I love the atmosphere, being swedish myself I feel right at home and itā€™s fun experiencing this sort of enviorment in a videogame.

Thereā€™s a few things Iā€™d like to see change in the future, one being more ways to approach the fighting. We had fun staging little ambushes together however, it would be even more fun if you could set out traps, like trip-wires and the likes! We also thought the combat got a bit too easy quickly. The first minutes we were terrified of the robots and really felt like we were being hunted, like they could pop out of the forests at any time and start chasing us! We were a bit dissapointed when we realized how easy we could take them down just running and gunning, but opted to go for a more tactical apporach eitherway since itā€™s more fun that way.
Also the long empty stretches have their charm, but I do feel like they might just be a little too empty, some more enemy ambushes could make it more interesting! I want to feel that paranoia that I felt at the very beginning! It was amazing!

The loot is also a bit, unsatisfying, thereā€™s just too much ammo and adrenaline shots in my opinion. Being able to revive that easy takes away from the threat. I appreciate this not being another build your base and craft supplies kind of game, however some ammount of crafting would probably make things more interesting, like small traps or some small enhancments to your guns, jerry-rig some crap, strap some robot armour plates onto yourself for extra protection etc!

These are just some of my own personal thoughts and whatnot, but I really like the game so far! And Iā€™m excited to see what theyā€™ll do to tweak it. I feel like alot of the problems Iā€™m having with it, will be fixed with future tweaking etc.
Canā€™t wait to dive back in!

My thoughts? This game was not ready at all and is still in its beta form desperately needing fixes. The general glitches and bugs are far too prevelant for the console versions. 2019 seems to be the year developers are releasing broken games.

I want to love this game but i cant enjoy it with my friends and i cant enjoy it alone. The ā€œenemies are persistent and stay dead or damagedā€ is a huge lie. I feel decieved by the claims of the game and the actual broken product delivered. When it rarely works it is insanely satisfying. That however is far too rare. It could be so much more, but right now it needs a doctor.

cant explain how angry I am about this faulty game :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: decieved is right!

1 Like

Canā€™t believe theyā€™re still selling it knowing that itā€™s in such a state

1 Like

PC GAMERā€™s review I thought was pretty fair.

With regard to how unpopulated the world is ā€” I think it makes enemy encounters so much more meaningful and tense.
But agree it could use a bit more life. Maybe some wildlife, a few dear once in a while.

But Iā€™m so bored of FAR CRYā€™s open world ā€” it borders on harassment and the presumption is that the player has ADHD and will not be able to cope with mere seconds where nothing happens!

So this at least is a game that understands less is more!
Granted this game is too thin on content sometimes, but hopefully the dev team will address that and respond to feedback and add new content.

This game has too much potential to simply abandoned after launchā€¦

I would love to see Survival mechanics, scavenging for food and drink add! Or at least the option to have that. Would make scavenging far more meaningful. If you had to live and survive in the world and not just shoot stuff.

So, in the end I bought the game. For me and my teen aged kids.
I am very glad that I did.
We enjoy atmosphere and feeling.
I donā€™t think the any of the reviews do the game justice.

3 Likes

Awesome do enjoy the game and tell me about your experience a bit further into your experience. :slight_smile:

When will you guys release a patch to fix all the problems ? Otherwise Iā€™m gonna sell the game, because its abolutely not what you advertised. To be honest, its worse than Call of Duty , Battlefield and all these games that need patches too.

The game should be early access !!! Its a loooooooooooooot of work to do

1 Like

I play with my sister and we have a super fun time together. Half the time weā€™re customising our outfits to look retro or taking screenshots of the environment and one another trying to get that beautiful shot whilst walking in the fields. Itā€™s such a fantastic game, and obviously the no violence (since machines) aspect of it is perfect for convincing parents to let you play!

I liked it but I felt that the entire story was either rushed or copy and pasted. I also found many glitches such as flickering lighting while going through the world, trash cans and other objects floating, floating textures, and several small glitches. I felt like after the story there was nothing to do but like 4 more extra side missions. I also thought that the exp system was not very rewarding and leveling up is a very lengthy process. I have played the game for a week and already the game has become boring for me. Also graham said that the frame rate should be buttery smooth yet my game is usually very laggy especially during battle. I must say I am very happy with the lighting and weather effects. I also hate how the robots respawn with no health and no loot. I can not find new enemy so the battles i now fight are very easy. But overall I have to give the game a 5/10 for now but I hope I can change that in the future.

I donā€™t know who youā€™re talking about. Yes, Generation Zero launched in an unacceptable state regarding both severity and sheer amount of bugs. Fair is fair, but no one ever compared it to CoD or BF. All of them are first-person shooters, the similarities begin and end there. For starters, Generation Zero is actually fun to play. Itā€™s also not a slot machine.

Disregarding any and all opinions about the game itself, itā€™s justā€¦man, is it stunning to look at!

Side note; I wish there was a photo mode, or a camera to find, much like the binoculars. No fancy camera settings or anything (although perhaps an optional ā€œcheap analogue cameraā€ filter), just a clean, hi-res screenshot without HUD icons, character limbs and whatever item you currently have equipped.

1 Like

I too wish that there was a camera option. But my gosh aside all the glitches, and flaws in the story and world in general, correct me if im wrong but every frame in this game looks like something out of a movie because they got the graphics on point.

Even through the bugs, glitches, and flaws in the story I cant help but to love this game for what it is. True they have a while to go until they sort out some of the stuff I listed but I think we can all agree they got graphics, lighting, and weather on point. I only found one bug with the lighting though were while walking through the world lights will flicker.

Itā€™s a unique beast. And, despite being full of bugs (including those that have made me avoid online play with friends to avoid loosing missions :frowning: ), I still absolutely love this game. Itā€™s so ā€œatmosphericā€. I love how it goes from relaxing to oh ^%&**(#$@ in an instant. Gameplay, graphics, music, all of itā€¦ just love it.

I REALLY enjoy not having quest objectives handed to me. It really feels like Iā€™m in the world and I feel the pull to want to unravel the mystery!

One of the funniest moments was using my hunter rifle to snipe a flying seagull over a cliff and watch it spin all the way down in to the water. I wasnā€™t expecting the ability to do that in this game.