What does increased difficulty do?

I was playing the other day and i tried playing on the hardest difficulty (Guriella) and nothing seemed to change. Explain me the difficulty increases?

as far as I know Machines deal more damage to the player + more machines
example: Ticks can easily deal 20-30% HP in guriella

Has anybode noticed any other changes based on difficulty, like drop rate or such? A little bit more info on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Any dev care to speak up?

1 Like

Also machines have more health .

As far as i’ve seen (playing on Guerilla):

• machines have more HP compared to the Skirmish
    Pre-March update, i was able to take out 3x FNIX runners with one full mag of HP5 (45 rounds). Now, i’m lucky if i can take out one FNIX runner with same amount of ammo.
  • machines deal more dmg compared to the Skirmish
    Now, FNIX hunter can actually one-shot you from full health with it’s explosive flechette, just like it was in the early days.
  • more machines spawn in and battles are longer
    Good example is Anl 118 where 3-6x FNIX harvs have spawned in at once. Also, i’ve had several battles where taking out the machine armada gives me barely enough time to loot them all before new machines wander into the battle area and the fight goes on (if i chose to).

Though, what i’m interested in is the auto-scaling and how that works since there is no word in-game about what it exactly does.

1 Like

This seems like an appropriate question to the Stream. Provided they can get it working again :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t think the issue is about getting the stream working. My best guess is that devs are working from home while the only streaming studio is at the office. That would explain why there haven’t been any dev streams lately.

Ok, so point 1 breaks this mode for me, since I truly loathe bullet sponges. For coop, fine, but if they keep it like that in solo as well, then I’ll stick with regular difficulty. I will miss your third point though :frowning:

1 Like

more machines spawn, larger hunter/runner packs ,robots deal more damage, you’re louder, less prototype machines in the mainlands, harder rivals, Less loot, lower experimental weapon drop.

Rivals having more HP and dealing more dmg doesn’t make them harder. Smarter AI - that makes them harder. But rival tactics are same as in Skirmish difficulty.

Haven’t seen these two by myself.

Loot amount is same as it was before (Skirmish difficulty). But 6* weapon drops have increased, because from the March Update, i’ve killed 7 rivals so far (6x in solo, 1x in MP) and from the 7th rival, i got my 6* KVM 59. So, there’s that.

1 Like

Meh, it should be the opposite! What do you base this on?

I’ve based it off of ideas noted from streams and the 24hours straight I’d played it after the update

Reduced drops on higher difficulties sounds counterintuitive.

It would make the game more difficult, so that part tracks. But the conventional wisdom would be that you get more rewards for besting more difficult content.

I’m wondering if you’re still seeing the same pattern a week later?

1 Like

I’ll keep my eye out just that I’ve got alot of school work atm online so I haven’t been on for two days now and I ain’t got time now

seems also their detection range differs ( easier mode they cant detect and lock on as far )

• Yes the detection has improved.
  • Their health has improved a bit, specially Tanks and Harvesters and Apoc and Fnix Hunters, the runners health are the same as in “Skirmish” (i think).
  • The damage they make to you is also higher, even if you have vanguard perk, it´s like you have no protection skills at all( even if you have).
  • I think their numbers are the same, it´s just the March update that brought more enemies to be around (at least in my game).

Anyone knows more facts, please write it down.

1 Like

malee attacks seem much more powerful also , like the dog / runner jump (with shockwave ) and the hunter jump/ stab

You are right, in general all forms of attack make more damage to the player.

1 Like

I have no ideia,i AM playing in Adventure mode,i the game is always respawn machines when i.leave the game,so anoying,i jyst want to finish the story with a real Gameplay, respawn iS cheap way to put the game longer.

Playing my last sessions in adventure mode only, all I can say is that during that time, I’ve got 6 exp. weapons, plenty of gold accessories and more ammo than I can handle. So, I would like do debunk the idea that higher difficulty brings better loot.
If this is right? I think not, but on the other hand, I really don’t like that enemies takes more than three times as much ammo to take down in guerilla mode vs adventure.
I think the devs needs to go back to the drawing board in how they implemented difficulty tiers in this game.