What does increased difficulty do?

You’ve already expressed these concerns here. They aren’t even immediately related to this topic; one thread is enough for that.

I suspect difficulty might put a modifier on ammo and consumable drops. I’m not convinced it affects item drops. Given I’ve got the experimentals I wanted most, I’m probably going to leave it on Adventure from here on out.

Harder difficulty wont change this. With maxed scavenger skill, i am all the time overflowing ammo.

Even without Scavenger, there’s more than enough ammo in circulation. Particularly if you’re used to the pre-patch Machine health, and are contending with the post-patch adventure mode.

However, difficulty does seem to scale the amount of ammo and healing items found out in the world. It’s not, so much, about scarcity, as how much you need to scavenge to keep yourself topped off.

So the last few days I played in guerilla mode and I absolutely love it except for one thing - it seems enemies takes even more ammo to take down compared to skirmish? It’s a bit hard to actually confirm this, but IF that’s the case, I would urge the devs to bring the health down to the same level as skirmish, since the increase in damage they deal, and the increased numbers they spawn in, makes it “hard enough” without also making them able to withstand more damage, especially from a solo pov.

Other than that, good work with the implementation of the difficulty modes.

Yes that’s what puts me off of playing guerilla mode solo. I feel like using too much bullets will prompt me to go for 1h sessions of looting to replenish my inventory too often. I like that you have to do that every once in a while, but guerilla solo will make you do that after each big fights. I see it as a multiplayer difficulty (even though it is possible to play guerilla solo, just less fun for me)

Yes, that is so.

However, if devs are going to reduce Guerilla machine HP down to Skirmish machine HP (just to make them less of a bullet sponge) then in turn they also have to increase Adventurer machine HP to Skirmish machine HP.

E.g proto tank (HP value is guesswork):
Guerilla - 1500 HP -> 1000 HP
Skirmish - 1000 HP
Adventurer - 500 HP -> 1000 HP

Latter may not go well with people who are playing on Adventurer since their game would become more difficult in the expense of Guerilla game getting easier.

I also play solo and on Guerilla. Machine HP isn’t something that gets into my way. I can deal with it just fine since it only means i have to fire at them longer. And since ammo is plentiful (especially with Salvage skill lvl2 and knowing best looting spots), higher machine HP isn’t hindrance for me.

What is hindrance to me is the damage machines deal to me on Guerilla. I’ve played most of the game on Skirmish, while on Guerilla, i’ve played for the last few weeks and i’m still not used to the damage machines do to me. I’m currently struggling with how many shots of damage from different weapons i can tank and how many i can not. So far, i haven’t done well and have dropped down a lot. However, while difficult, i’m willing to learn the new ways, rather than devs fiddling with the difficulty setting to my likening. On that case, i might as well turn down the difficulty if i can’t manage that.

They don’t have to turn up the health in Adventure mode. In the name of consistency perhaps, but there’s no law stating that it has to be that way. Adventure mode is a far more laid back experience overall, and I see no reason having to talk about that mode further in the context of my original post.

As for the topic I was talking about - guerilla mode - I’ve already explained my reasoning in my previous post, and as I said, the increased damage the enemies deal in combination with greater numbers is quite enough imho.
I think all enemies are quite were they should be healthwise on skirmish difficulty with the apocalypse enemies being a bit overtuned (as in - too much health). Making them able to take even more damage (I don’t know, 50% to 100% more?) in guerilla mode makes this mode tedious and doesn’t contribute to the mode in any way. All from a solo pov of course.

Edit: I should also note that it may very well be so, that that it isn’t the actual health that increases, but the armour, forcing players to take better shots, which is easier said than done when surrounded by 4 tanks, 3 harvesters and a whole bunch of hunters and runners! :laughing:

It could be, yes.

Tip when surrounded: if you have it, use 6* KVM 59. It makes wonders when used against groups of enemies and is especially helpful in solo Guerilla play. :+1:
I haven’t tested it thoroughly but the chain-lightning appears to hit components, rather than armor when it’s jumping machines.

Stop going on about the respawn we get it from the topic u made and ur the only person who has done this in the 1yr of GZ

1 Like