What games besides GZ do you like playing?

My all time favorites have been Far Cry 5 & 6 for action, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Hunter COTW for exploration and Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 for FPS. However, I wish EA didn’t abandon BFV because it was really close to being as popular as GTA V was in 2019. Which meant more players and more content and a bigger community

Greetings from The Great Lakes State!

1 Like

I only buy games on Steam. I played all Far cry games 1 to 6. I have still have the first Far Cry on cd, and I played that one at least 10 times. If ever a Far Cry 7 would be made it wouldn’t be available on Steam since Ubisoft stopped selling new games on Steam. That was not a happy moment.
I also very much enjoyed AC Origin and AC Odyssey. And I would have bought Valhalla too, if it was on Steam.

Let me guess you are from Detroit… :coffee:

No I live near ex-Furniture City USA (Grand Rapids) Downtown used to be all furniture factories and warehouses :sleeping_bed::couch_and_lamp::chair::door:

1 Like

I’ve had my run on borderlands 3 also, kinda fun :v:

1 Like

I completed Ivor’s saga in Valhalla it’s fun though somewhat frustrating controls at times, worth a go though ! :v:

1 Like

Also been playing Stray with my partner she loves it, a win and it’s pretty cool so far looks awesome ! Dam I could have just put these in one post sorry it’s late and duvet phone time :joy::v:

1 Like

if you want to start a project, I advise you to download Stalker Lost Alpha DC 1.4007 or see which version of the game is the latest, this is the original series with a new game engine and updated architecture and can you install back 4 blood

3 Likes

I would have loved doing Eivor’s quest but Valhalla isn’t on Steam, and I want all my games in one place.

I have added Stray to my wish list.

Thanks Foxy, Wishlisted “back 4 Blood” too, to check it out later.
For now I’m going for “Alien: Fireteam Elite Pathogen” because it should be released tomorrow.

1 Like

Please notify here when and where we can get the first demo. I like to try too.

1 Like

I might suggest following @tene’s YouTube channel. He already posted few videos about this game, and I’m sure he’ll make one as soon as a demo version is available for the public.

1 Like

It should be in the third quarter of this year, so that is now-ish… I’d just worry I miss it.
I was following Tene’s channel. I always liked his positive attitude, but that has changed.

I played Aliens Fireteam a lot with a fellow GZ’er when it first released but we burnt through most of the content in no time. I really enjoyed it and keep meaning to get back to it but I’ve not touched it since the Season 2 update. I need to beat it on the highest two difficulties still, but it was nigh on impossible with just randoms.

Underrated gem IMHO.

1 Like

I’ve been finding myself drifting back to Elden Ring a lot tbh. I’ve beaten it now a few times but the world and lore is interesting enough with a great gameplay loop that like GZ I’ve played it long past completion.

I’m glad they’ve made the whole PvP / co-op completely optional this time around as it’s a side of the Souls games I’ve never really enjoyed.

1 Like

For me the easiest difficulty was still hard, with enough challenge, while not totally impossible. The other difficulties I wouldn’t even try. I always need some hours to re-learn the in-and-out of the game and get familiar with the new map, since if I don’t play a game regularly I tend to forget. Price of getting older. :alien:

Elden scrolls has never tickled my interest. :grinning:

2 Likes

More and more I think games should come with an optional “recap” mode. Where it gives you a summary of the story so far, what you were doing and somewhere to practice the controls / combat where there are no consequences.

I dread to think of the amount of games that I’ve put down for months (often unintentionally) then try to go back, can’t remember how to play but can’t face starting again. Leaving it to languish in the ever growing “pile of shame” that is my unfinished / unplayed games.

Said pile includes; Horizon Zero Dawn, multiple Assassin’s Creed games, Mad Max, the last two Arkham games, more than a couple of Resident Evil games, The Surge, Dead Space 2 & 3, Skyrim, Bloodborne and many MANY more.

All games I tried, thought “yeah, I’ll go back to that” and then by the time I did I forgot how to play, but can’t face doing the opening hours of again.

2 Likes

Well that’s why, I mostly stick to playing one game at the time and finishing it. :grin: There are exceptions like GZ of course, and when a game brings out a new expansion. Every so often, I replay the game that I really liked, like: the Metro series (twice), Cyberpunk (twice), Half-Life series (thrice), Wolfenstein series (twice), Far Cry 1 (10 times) but that was before I joined Steam, and many more… :coffee:

2 Likes

Man i am gunna be covering that game to the moon and back :smiley: Highly advise anyone interested in Road To Vostok to check out some of my videos so far, i’ve covered some very interesting topics like weapons and locations, as well as every bit of news along the way.
Also stoked to see a lot of you folks interested in this game!

3 Likes

I tend to focus on one at a time, but like to have an alt that I can dip in and out of. GZ has been that game for the longest time, but it remains unplayable on my platform of choice so Elden Ring is in that slot. Something I can more or less play on autopilot and just enjoy being there as it were.

As it stands I just can’t find a game that “fits”; I’m trying to get through ‘Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth’ at the moment but I feel it’s another one that I’ll abandon before long. I’m bouncing off most titles that I try and struggling to find something that holds my interest in the long term.

I’ve yet to finish Cyberpunk, or the latest Metro, both languishing in my pile of shame. Despite finishing The Witcher games multiple times I’ve never felt the same attachment to Cyberpunk. And while Metro is gorgeous, I really don’t like the more open world approach of the third one. The first Metro for me was second only to the Half-Life games as far as FPS games were concerned. Speaking of which, I’ve still got Half-Life: Alyx to finish, but the hassle of setting the VR up and sitting at my PC completely puts me off.

1 Like

O I wish, they’d make Half-life Alyx for other platforms too. If it came on PC-steam I would buy it in a heart beat. Of course I have watched a gameplay video of it, just because I am a great fan of half-life and don’t want to miss out of something HL-related.

1 Like

Well I don’t play GZ that much anymore, But games I play rn is

• Cod warzone and vanguard, Some black ops 4 too
  • Watch dogs legion
  • Some escape from tarkov, I’m mostly waiting for full release on that though.
  • CSGO
  • Sometimes play the older fallout titles like Fallout 2
  • Elden ring and other from software souls games.

I also play other stuff but not frequently enough to be worthy a mention

I’m also looking forward to Sons of the forest that is coming in October, And dead island 2 should be interesting in 2023.

1 Like