What's this poison bullets nonsense?

No really, how does this fit in? I know someone’s spent ages coming up with this, but I 'm struggling to see the goal. Is it novelty? Is GenZ moving to other game styles? Has it stopped taking itself seriously? Please, tell me what I missed.

3 Likes

I agree really bad idea having poison bullet that damage you on every hit maybe it should of been a percentage on hit or a canister we can shoot off to make the bullets normal

1 Like

I figured they wanted a DoT to make it harder/fresh, and couldn’t go for a more realistic “bleed” as that would’ve raised the question of, “Why doesn’t any of the other guns make us bleed?” :smile:

1 Like

I think instead of this they could have made the runners radioactive to be around, bullets might be worse.

Actually yesterday (right before my first crash on the new island) I noticed Geiger counter sounds when one of the runners was nearby. Maybe damaged ones leak radiation?

Perhaps it is part of the arms race (So the arms race is on , sigh!).

I had a hard time dealing with some of the experimental weapons, but life gets easier if you just accept it like “Hey, that’s cool. How can I use it to my own benefit?” :wink:

3 Likes

It’s quite fitting actually, depleted uranium is not that uncommon in armor piercing ammunition.
Cool feature, but the radioactive poisoning effect might be a bit exaggeratied.

2 Likes

Who fires poison bullets? Haven’t met that, yet!

1 Like

The Apocalypse Runners fire some kind of toxic projectiles that does damage over time. A medkit (any kind) seems to stop the effect, though. I’d still rather have that, than the FNIX Runners with rocket launchers.

2 Likes

Depleted uranium is an interesting thought. I read up on it and it’s not as quick to cause problems as you might think. A little like having asbestos in the safe house. The DLC text says they’re biochemical, so I guess that answers that.

The thing is, the health drain from getting clipped by them really runs through stacks of health packs quicker than I can find them unless I go dark and fast travel farm for a while. The strategies I’ve adapted to involve a lot of hiding and waiting, then occasionally pouncing for a very short, very brutal ambush before vanishing and waiting to repeat on the survivors. The pace of the game has slowed right down for me (and I was slow and stealthy to begin with) and I feel like my options have been reduced. I feel like I’m being encouraged to get out the really heavy high level weapons too, making the others obsolete. I think @IanForce is correct about the arms race, something even Doom managed to avoid back in the day.

I’ve turned into a ghost or a trapdoor spider.

3 Likes

Huh, really. I must admit I went to the island stocked to the gills with medkits, but have only needed a couple so far. I suppose they want us back fearing runners, which is not a bad thing. Not getting shot, I approve of. Oh well, back to the battle!

1 Like

Honestly the new runner are the ones to watch now, hunters and tanks are easy in comparison

1 Like

I guess I was just unlucky then. I load the patch for the first time, step out of the safehouse where there’s a FNIX hunter, and as soon as it shouts a pack of five apo runners appears from nowhere, guns ablazing. I didn’t know damage had been increased on the hunters either, so it was a rather rude surprise.

1 Like

I would rahter see runners with a minigun than these toxic bullets. The poison from ticks fit very good thou because they inject it with the sting.

And they look really cool

1 Like

The fnix class have been buffed for armour but didn’t realise they hit harder now.