Why, oh why do some make to "my taste" weird suggestions

I would even say to keep the LMG payed DLC only…
And ask 15 Euro.
If that helps supporting the game?
I am up for that.

Well… maybe 12… :stuck_out_tongue:

You actually said this:

What if Xog actually does not like a particular change? :slight_smile:

1 Like

At the end of the day, the developers need to make a game that makes money.
They’re making changes, likely based on a mix of feedback and data. I personally found Generation Zero to be too difficult, so I welcome some of the changes you mention, although I would’ve preferred to take other measures to reduce the difficulty. To buff the Grg and make enemies telegraph their attacks a bit more clearly.

In terms of bikes, I don’t see them as too much of an issue. They only work well on roads, so it’s not exactly like you can breeze through the game in a fraction of the time.

2 Likes

@Hogge
Well, optionality would I think draw far more people in, since… customizable…
Right?

Now let’s make it hyperbolic: Imagine, your character would be forced to be Barbie.
I a pink tutu.
Would you appreciate that?

AAAARRRGGGHHH… Please don’t take that as a suggestion!!!
PLEASE… :stuck_out_tongue:

I could roll with that.
If nothing else, it’d be an improvement from the character models we have now. I’ve always felt they weren’t good looking enough to be Swedes! :wink:

Now that would be a vanity pack worth having!

3 Likes

Starwars was about a giant lizard chasing a robot on a unicycle, wasn’t it?
How soon until Thomas the Tank comes rolling over the hill, rockets ablazin’? Choo choo!

My complaint is that the game was sold as one thing, and becomes another. I’m not talking about evolving along the lines of adding areas, or robots, or features like bikes. I mean moving from guerilla survival to something else. To open warfare? Changing the core concept. If the very core is expendable and forgettable, then we have a hollow game.

I don’t get a lot of say in whether I want to install an update or not. Perhaps the advertising department needs some love. Be clearer about what kind of game they’re trying to make, and stick to it. That way I could make an informed descision about it. The devs are of course free to build whatever they like, but I’m not convinced they’ve made up their mind what that actually is.

I sympathise with @Xogroroth about the suggestions. To quote myself, if that’s even a thing,

I think feedback might be more effective if it could at least describe the problem before proposing solutions.
(It’s been suggested that) Robots aren’t hard enough. Ok, why is that a problem? Is it because they’re killed too quickly? Because players like getting killed frequently? Because a single strategy (shoot it repeatedly in the face) is quick and easy, and it would feel more fun to use other tactics and strategies? Because the collection and deployment of utilites like explosives, lures and EMPs make no difference, and they’re inventory clutter and noise in the loot containers? Or that robots don’t behave intelligently, or coordinate with other robots? Perhaps it’s something else?

Being able to describe a problem is a good first step to being able to solve it.

2 Likes

I am speechless, for multiple reasons! :smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Ennui, post:25, topic:21045”]
Now that would be a vanity pack worth having!
[/quote]And this made me nigh typeless…
Nigh…

AMEN!

I can confirm the unicycle bit.
(Incidentally also contains a pink dress for @Xogroroth.)

Are you reading my cue cards now? :smile:

6 Likes

Just what I needed…
index

1 Like

3 Likes

I was thinking Obi-wan Kenobi chasing General Grievous (hello there!) but that clip of yours is awesome.

2 Likes

@Ennui
Mine’s more pink!

@Flick
Who are you talking to, miss?
Clip I mean?

As far as the girls go, I totally agree. Swedish girls are absolutely lovely. Swedish blokes … rather unfortunate I would say :woozy_face:

2 Likes

@IanForce
I am sure you meant ALL blokes? :stuck_out_tongue:
Thank god, I am a male lesbian. XD

I was replying to Ennui, sorry if that was unclear.

@Flick
No problem at all, miss, I tend to do that as well, ask anyone here… :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s so much to unpack there it’s probably best to burn the whole suitcase.

2 Likes

@Ennui
Are you mad?
It’s a leather one!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, my two-pennyworth. What I want to know from the DEVs is what the vision is now. I know, like The Xogger, what it was at the start. What I see is arbitrary bolt-ons, probably because it didn’t take off as they were hoping. Now, I think that it didn’t take off because of the bugs, and now they are playing catch-up. These things are very seldom expressly done, or even done as a deliberate change of strategy - they arrive by accident, when plans have to be changed (no sales plan survives first contact with the customer).

What I think they have failed to do is to make their strategy coherent. It is bolt-ons at the moment, and it is spoiling the atmosphere. Vision has taken a back-seat, and I think that is a mistake. I have my Diploma Jury on Tuesday and can’t give it the time until then, but after that, I want all of us Immersives to have a talk with the DEVs. At least we’ll get some clarity. I will let you all know, and invite you to participate. @Zesiir acknowledge, over…?

2 Likes