WW2 German weapon pack

Hello,

Your game is pretty unique. I’d personally think the only thing that is missing is the ww2 german weapons. The weapon pack would aim to cover:
-mp40
-mg34/42
-potato mashers
-single use panzefausts
-k98
-a luger
-stg44

Can you just imagine how much laughs there will be if you are throwing around potato mashers everywhere or listening to the mp40 sing away at the big machines?

Ehrm, what kind of weapon is a potato masher?

The famous German “Stielhandgranate”… (sieht halt aus, wie ein Kartoffelstampfer…) :wink:

But I think we had the discussion about German WW II weapons before ? And imho they don’t fit too well into the 80’s setting in Sweden…

My 2 ct. though

1 Like

Much like the soviet or eastern european weapons, why i wanted to bring it up is because it turns out some ww2 german weapons made it into modern day conflicts especially in the middle east and some eastern european countries featured it. I would like more opinions

Personally think UK or European Weapons of the 80s would be more likely.

I’ve gotten the cold war dlc for arma3 ft. germany during that period. It still featured an MG42 but along side. What about Cold war Germany Weapon’s pack that featured familair weapons from the ww2 period such as that Mg3 (standard and destert camo), P1 pistol

Well, the stick hand grenade was useful in local and house-to-house combat, but not off-road, since the explosive effect is a bit modest. But you can make some things out of it that have more effect, e.g. concentrated charge, Stuka on foot.

Actually the MG3 of the Bundeswehr was/is a refitted MG42 with a modest reduced firing rate.

Btw during my service in the Bundeswehr in the late 90’s there were still rumours around that there were still MG42 gun breeches around that had a swastika stamped on it. But I guess those were only rumours… :wink:
But it shows that MG3 and MG42 were nearly identical, except that the MG3 is chambered for 7,62x51 Nato ammo.

And the WW II P38 was in service as P1 during that period, too. Nothing fancy about it, somewhat subpar imho. Well at least I didn’t like the P1 too much…

At least we do have a german weapon ingame, the AG4 which is a swedish variant of the german G3
(which I liked very much, somewhat heavy but one could nearly hear and feel the punch while shooting… :wink: )

So much for that I guess, but I’m still not convinced that german WW II guns fit in 80’s Sweden… :man_shrugging:

As always my 2 ct. …

2 Likes

WW1/WW2 German grenades

The Swedish army actually used German Stielhandgranate Model 1924. It was called spränghandgranat m/39. But it and it’s newer variants was replaced by the grenade we use in the game and the simple reason was that it was not up to standard for a modern battlefield as the Swedish army expected it to be. In my opinion we do not need obsolete weapons. But as long as it’s a dlc I can just save my money and not buy it.

2 Likes

In my opinion i think that the WW2 German weapons don’t really fit in the game except the German MG3 what is the refit of the MG 42 with reduced kadence an chambered on NATO standard ammo 7,62 x 51. The P1 Pistol that is also a refit of the Walther P 38 WW2 Pistol. That are the only two german weapons that pherhaps could made their way to sweden at this time. But i don’t see any use in the game for that.

3 Likes

I requested a modern german weapons pack, some time ago… :blush:

Link here

3 Likes

The Mauser Rifle would be a cool sniper rifle in he game and will fit to this time. As you told me that many from this weapons remained in Scandinavia after the WW2. I use often the Älgstudsare what is one of my most beloved rifle in the game. So that Mauser rifle is one that i really like to see in the game.

1 Like

Yes, that’s true. At least a lot of Kar. 98K rifles remained in Norway after the war. The WW2 history of Sweden is a little thin :sweat_smile: but Sweden has their own older version of the Gewehr 98: The Swedish Mauser in 6,5x55. Just as a side note. :blush:

What I would like for GZ is a modern Mauser mod. 98 (or a similar hunting rifle) with a more powerful caliber than the .270 Winchester.
Sweden is Moose country, and among the largest calibers used for Moose is the .375 H&H. Such a rifle could realistically be found in the swedish countryside. :blush:

5 Likes

As far as i can tell the game already features obselete weapons, some from eastern european dlc and some from the soviet dlc. For example from my understanding having a german ww2 weapon pack could give players a similar experience to the eastern european weapon pack as it features a Vintovka 1891 single bolt action rifle as well as the The Volkov Pistol. I am ok with that, obselete weapons. if correctly implemented, there can be joy

1 Like

That’s the most important thing.
I would love to be able to find the dlc weapons in the world (in houses, barns, bunkers or at corpses) randomly. They should be a helpful and welcome option for someone who starts playing from beginning (and no “giveaway” in the first plundra).

No matter, which weapon or pack. But a good implementation is important.

2 Likes