[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

Pinned the topic to better bring it forth and also to reduce additional topic creations about this issue.

//Mod

I would like to point out that I believe my cloud saves for the game are somewhat older than my hard saves, implying that I was playing entirely offline, Xbox was not connected to my WiFi. Syncing my save to the cloud for the game is currently impossible since it crashes while attempting to synch. For my specific case, you might be getting data that is older than my save that caused the crashing bug. Would this be an issue by any chance?

It should also be made note that some people have gamer tags that match other players, and to remedy this Xbox added a system that automatically generates a string of four numbers after a #. Example: TamerGag#5567 Like a Discord number to eliminate the issue of people wanting a tag that someone else already owns. You will likely need to know this number as well, but only if the specific person who is affected has such a number.

1 Like

XBOX ONE
this game is as frustrating as it if fun how is it a game that’s been out this long is still getting as many crashes as it is it all seemed totally random untill today I get to the logging in screen and drrrrrr! It’s done it 17 times I tried restarting my console and everything

I log into my second account that has zero hours in the game and poof no crashes I played for an hour to see if it would crash and nothing I go back onto my main account and there it is crashed on the logging in screen again

So I payed £25 for the base game and £10 each for both dlcs for a game that I can’t access with my account I’ve put 500+ hours into thanks Dev team :+1: I know who I’m no longer giving money to

2 Likes

Topics merged. The issue is being worked on as fast as humanly possible. I know it’s frustrating, but please try to mind your manners while on the forums.

//Mod

1 Like

I play on Xbox and every time it gets to the screen that says logging in the game crashes. I restarted the console but it did nothing so I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it keeps crashing.

1 Like

Another one merged with the main thread.

//Mod

1. Was your save file created recently, or have you used it over several patches?
    Downloaded DLC yesterday. XB 1.
  2. Have you played single player only, multiplayer only or a mix of both?
    Solo only.
  3. What DLC’s do you have installed?
    Alpine Unrest and FNIX.
  4. Does the issue still occur IF uninstalling the FNIX Rising DLC?
    Haven’t uninstalled, worried about losing all my saved progress in main game. Update: Uninstalled the DLC, no change in the problem. Cannot load main game, same issue as before.
  5. Has anyone experienced this issue recently WITHOUT owning and installing FNIX Rising?
  6. What was the last thing you did in the game before the issue started occurring? (e.g. playing a specific mission, playing single player, playing multiplayer as host/client, game crash, etc)
    Playing first mission Where The Sun Sets. Finished first part and was heading towards second requirement when as moving through woods, character ‘fell’ through ‘pixalated’ screen into a body of water (?) in middle of woods and would not reset my character. Tried to fast travel out with no sucess. Closed out game and crashes started on loading screen ever since.
  7. Did the issue start occurring for you after the game had crashed?
    Yes
  8. What FNIX Rising main mission are you on?
    Where The Sun Sets
    (The missions below are listed in the order they are played/appear and If you are not entirely sure feel free to guesstimate to the best of your ability - we are interested if knowing if you e.g. started a certain mission but didn’t complete it, etc)
  • Where The Sun Sets
  • The Ringfort
  • Tidal Wave
  • Piece By Piece
  • Test Run
  • Clearing The Path
  • On The Side Of The Road
  • Wages Of Fear
  • New Cycles
  • Good Night
  1. Is there anything else that you want to add that you think could be relevant?
    Not really, just a 70 yr old man that likes gaming and this is definitely frustrating.

I didn’t buy the FNIX update and have the same problem. This really sucks. I have played 70% of the game… If I loose my saved data, I want my money back!

2 Likes

I play on xbox one x
and just 2 or 3 days after downloading the update and buying the dlc the same thing happens to me and until today I haven’t been able to play

To be honest it is one of the games that for me has incredible potential, but unfortunately if they cannot fix this error and I lose my previous data, I completely stop playing GENERATION ZERO and I will stop supporting this game company, I have dedicated a lot to it time to the game in pal of months and I never do the same thing again.

Having same crashing problems on xbox

Having the same issue with xbox one crashing as soon as I press “A” to play.
Troubleshooting facts:

1. I play solo, I only once used multiplayer to give a friend some ammo.
  2. I just got the game less than 5 days ago, I had a great 4 days and now this is happening.
  3. I’ve got all dlc available installed
  4. The last thing I did in game was one of the core warboard bunkers
  5. The game was crashing when trying to quit to menu
  6. I had completed up to the “test run” mission of finx rising
  7. As you know, it’s obviously an issue with xbox cloud save games. I’ve had similar issues with “the hunter: call of the wild” but they where resolved for me by just putting my xbox in offline mode. Not the case here.

I’m currently testing to see if the problem persists if the game files are installed on the internal storage instead of my external ssd. *update edit, this didn’t help.

If you haven’t already, PM Drennon the mod your gamer tag. The dev’s where given permission by Xbox to view players save files to attempt and find the cause of this issue. It would help a lot.

1 Like

Done, hope it is useful.

1 Like

When I start the game and press a to use this account it starts loading and it just hard crashes the game but I know the console can play the game because i’m lvl 27 and have a experimental shotgun I deleted the game and reinstalled it did not work then I deleted the save and reserve space from my console and it still does not work and some other people how this problem I found that out when I went to the group post for the game and made one to see if anyone know how to fix this but all my efforts me and the people who also were having this problem I could not find a fix i’m hoping you guys can find a fix it would be very great if I don’t have to delete my data completely and start over

1 Like

Same thing has happened to me. I was playing with a friend and left his game and tried to start my own and it won’t start. Deleted the game and reinstalled but it didn’t help. This is on X-box one, gamer tag Niezer.

1. Was your save file created recently, or have you used it over several patches?
    I’ve had the game for several months but only recently came back to it so it’s probably been through several patches.
  2. Have you played single player only, multiplayer only or a mix of both?
    Mainly single player with only two sessions of multiplayer, one other player each time.
  3. What DLC’s do you have installed?
    The three clothing dlcs and Alpine dlc.
  4. Does the issue still occur IF uninstalling the FNIX Rising DLC?
    I don’t have the Fenix Rising DLC
  5. Has anyone experienced this issue recently WITHOUT owning and installing FNIX Rising?
    Yes
  6. What was the last thing you did in the game before the issue started occurring? (e.g. playing a specific mission, playing single player, playing multiplayer as host/client, game crash, etc)
    My last play session was with another player. He was host and we were exploring his world with some combat. I left his session to start my own and the game crashed.
  7. Did the issue start occurring for you after the game had crashed?
    The game didn’t close normally, it went from the end session option to the desktop without any screens between. After that the game wouldn’t start.
  8. What FNIX Rising main mission are you on? (The missions below are listed in the order they are played/appear and If you are not entirely sure feel free to guesstimate to the best of your ability - we are interested if knowing if you e.g. started a certain mission but didn’t complete it, etc)
    N/A
  9. Is there anything else that you want to add that you think could be relevant?
    I’ve tried the soft boot, restart console from the x-box menu. I’ve tried the hard reset, unplug the console. I’ve tried the delete reserved space. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the game. I’ve tried deleting the addons and restarting. All with no success.
    Approximate time line:
    4.3 seconds after hitting the a button (to load profile) the wheels stop turning for 3.8 seconds. Wheels restart turning and continue for 27.2 seconds then stop again (total of 35.3 seconds from hitting the a button) and I’m back to my desktop 7.1 seconds after that.

Did a speed test on my system and I’m getting 216.74 mb/s download and 15.34 mb/s upload. I’m in central USA, St. Louis, MO.

Same thing happend to me. I was playing with a friend and after he went offline I joinend my world and it chrashed and everytime I try to Start the game it crashes in the loading screen. I deleted my progress and i could play for 6 hours and now the same thing happend again. I hope there comes a patch soon.

Ps: sry for my bad englisch Im german.

Xbox One 4th player crashing the game

Me and my friends have no problem playing the game with 2 or 3 of us but the second that a 4th person joins the game it crashes everyone’s game. We have tried resetting our xboxes and even other people hosting the game. Nothing we did fixed it, while it works fine with 3 of us any time the 4th person joins the game it breaks and sends us to the xbox homescreen.

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Another issue I’ve noticed a lot of lately, simply fast-traveling has a seemingly large percentage chance to crash the game to dashboard.

3 times in maybe an hour of playtime the game crashes when fast+traveling. Destination didn’t seem to matter.

Also I’ve just multiple crashes to dashboard when trying to return to the main menu from the ‘pause’ screen.

My game keeps on crashing every time I load up the single player keeps on loading up then buzzing and sends me back to dashboard (Xbox home page) I have had the update

1 Like