[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

Merged threads. Please search for your issues.

//Mod

Game crashes a lot when “phantom” hunters appear in co-op. They can’t be marked or harmed by one or sometimes all players but they are moving.

By the way, the ticks are a problem. Sometimes they “die” for only 1 player and the other still is fighting them. Also, dead ticks still trigger on the threat radar.

Absolutely in love with this game but went and tried to play last night and I can get all the way in to the main screen to were you press A or choose an account and once I do that it’ll go to the loading screen for 5 sec then freeze and crash, I have deleted the game and reinstalled it, last all of my progress doing so please help

I’ve been grinding for the end game fnix gear and already had the chest piece. But currently im unable to log in because the game keeps crashing at the loading screen. I really enjoy the game! But it’s been about a week since this issue first came up. I’ve reinstalled the game 3 times already. Please help! :grinning:

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume the last two posts both concern Xbox issues. They’ve been merged into the main thread. If that’s not the case, poke me and I’ll correct it.

//Mod

Crashing at log in. Purchased game plus dlc. Broke in two weeks. Broken for two weeks. Please fix or refund. Why are you selling broken products? Infuriating.

2 Likes

Same issue topics merged.

Also, i take that above platform is Xbox.

//Mod

It happened to me a second time, game crashes on load up, lost another save. This time around LVL 14, I’m sure if I delete my cloud save the game will start up again but thats another game file lost. If you want my gamer tag on xbox to grab the file to figure out whats going on just let me know. But its twice now since the update my game hard crashes on the login sync. Cant even play it cause now I know its just a matter of time till the game just starts hard crashing.

1 Like

I am having the same issue

1 Like

Hi all. Just experienced the same issue and found this thread so I signed up to forum to report my experience for the devs. I’ll put my answers in the next post.

1 Like

PM your tag to him with your permission to use it.

1 Like
  1. Created when I bought game and Alpine Unrest together, maybe a week ago.
  2. A mix
  3. I only had AU, but purchased FNIX Rising last night and that’s when the crashes started. The game has never run since adding FR.
  4. Yes. Uninstalled FR, same crash
  5. NA
  6. Playing single player, had just opened and shut my supply chest to force an autosave and then shut down.
  7. The game closed with a crash, or so it seemed. It does this a lot, when I select return to menu the game kicks me to Xbox home screen. This has not previously caused a permanent problem. After that I opened a different game and closed it, which seems to help GZ fully shut down. Then I purchased and installed FR. Tried to open and that’s when the login crashing began.
  8. Never played any FR missions. Never got the game open with FR owned and installed.

Thanks for the concern, devs. I’ll now go try to send the PM authorizing your access to my HZ saves and see if I can figure out how to access the cloud.

Thanks for looking out TheWorm! I’m only worried I won’t be able to do the cloud thing.

2 Likes

One of the Devs is taking Gamer Tags with permission from Xbox to look into save files to see if they can find the issue, and explicitly said not to delete your save files. Have some patience and DM Drennon the mod your GT.

3 Likes

Removed several off-topic replies.

Folks, this topic is for reporting Xbox crash issues, that came post-FNIX Rising update, by answering Avalanche_knivspark’s questions. This is not a place to discuss other issues, like e.g save file corruption. For that, we have another topic: Corrupted Save File

//Mod

I have the exact same problem and tried all the suggested xbox “fixes”. I can only play by using a guest profile.

4 Likes

I play it on xbox one x and I have the same problem… after downloading the update I joined a friend to play and 2 missions were completed automatically, currently the game at that time began to have problems, such as frames and errors in the tanks and I crashed for 1 or 2 time but I played for several hours, two days later I was able to play but I joined another player and likewise I finished a mission of the dlc automatically, but I had a lot of problems and I got to go play in my lobby alone and that’s where the last Once I was able to play since the last thing I did was a mission that is in the airport in the bunker, I finished playing and the next day it began to crash trying to enter a person who invited me, since then I cannot play alone and in the multiplayer

Not happy at all had the game 3 DAYS all good now every time I press the A button to log in it crashes done everything Iv seen to try fix it and nothing seems like a waste of money deleted my account and put back on deleted game data everything I want it fixed or my money back 3 days then not even being able to play the game at all not good

2 Likes

Context: I recently bought all the dlcs around 6 days ago. Everything was working just fine with a few random crashes here and there. Until four days ago. I put in the disk and loaded up gen zero. I pressed a to log in. Within five seconds of loading it crashed, I couldn’t even get to the main menu. For the past four days I’ve been constantly retrying. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I’ve cleaned the disk. Nothing was working. Today I tried switching accounts to see if I could get In. I used an alt account, and it loaded in perfectly fine. But not on my main. I’m really confused and don’t know what to do

N/A: can’t even get into a session. Solo or multiplayer

Specs: Basic Xbox one

1 Like

Few same issue topics merged.

//Mod

1 Like