[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

Just finished main Story. Now game crashes on start. I’ll just have to wait for a patch. I don’t want to start from the beginning again. At least with some of my wepons i took ages to find/win in combat.

2 Likes

Yeah guess I’ll wait aswell, I have a lot of progress I can not lose!

2 Likes

Any news on a hotfix?

Start the game up asked me which profile I’m using selected my profile press A loads for like 2 seconds then crashes

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Me too the game crash always after 2 second i putted on the a button to connect myself , all my main quest is done, i have all pack of the game, my i have 4 different caractere and all experimental weapon, i dont wanna lost all my progress like some people​:pensive:, i cannot play anymore , i want to play please fix it .am on xbox one x , my gamertag is : xJasonxWeeDxQCx help me , i play like 12 heure per day. Its inaceptable to get bug like this , ibhave spend A LOT OF TIME AT THIS GAME​:sob::sob::sob:.

Made an alternate gt to be able to play again. Lost it to crashing bug today. I had just gotten through the core missions. I had found a lot of good loot and I’m heartbroken at the prospect of restarting a third time. This is unacceptable for any game as far in its life cycle as this one.

I really love this game.
I just wish I could play it.

General troubleshooting tidbits:

3/4 times when exiting to main menu the game would Brrrrrr crash.

Near the end of this account’s life it had a problem with falling through the map into a vast ocean and being water mechanic teleported back to the surface only to fall again and be stuck in a loop of falling. Fast travel would sometimes aleivate this, but not always.

Frame rate drops badly at night near large settlements (specifically the big Foa base town.), and when using a boom box/radio.

Please fix this. I’ve now got 2 lvl 20+ characters that have been completely destroyed on my end.

So my friend got the same problem, but right now he can play i wanna play to!!!:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::pensive::pensive::pensive::sob::sob::sob::weary::weary::weary::weary:

Still crashing as of 14 September :confused:

1 Like

As of September 15 the crashing on startup bug is still happening at least for me its been going on now for roughly 1-2 months. Would love if they would do something about it

Its been that long? I thought it was a recent bug I had it happen to me about a week ago and now my save with 100+ hours seems like it mite be gone. This game is amazing but this sucks the big one.

1 Like

This particular bug has been going on for about 18-20 days or so, since they released FNIX RISING on Xbox. Any other issues others have been suffering from are different bugs but whatever is causing crashing at the “Play as” selection screen hasn’t hit a month yet. But it’s still devastating to not be able to play a game you’ve put hundreds of hours into, but that’s just our current predicament at this point, hopefully we’ll hear something soon as they’ve been working on saves sent from Xbox for about a week now, cross our fingers we don’t all lose our save data!

5 Likes

I managed to play FNIX once (2 weeks ago). Cannot even get to the logon screen now. Really disappointed.

I just got the game as a birthday present. I’ve been playing for about 2 weeks now and have been really enjoying it. Today I tried to play and it just crashes when I try to login with my profile. Too bad because I’m definitely not starting the game over again. Guess I’m done unless there is a fix for it. Answers to your questions below…

1. Save file created recently.
  2. Both single and multiplayer.
  3. No DLC’s installed.
  4. Uninstall/reinstall did not help.
  5. Do not have FNIX Rising DLC.
  6. Playing single player last time before issue. Game crashed when I exited to main menu.
  7. Yes, issue started after crash.
  8. Do not have FNIX Rising DLC.

I purchased the game and both dlc’s back on Aug. 30th. I played for 3 days and had 1 coop session with a friend. I was up to level 15 when I exited to the main menu. Next time I loaded the game wouldn’t start.
I decided to completely delete my Xbox One save file from both the console and cloud and start again. I’m now currently at level 21, over 1100 machines killed, have not played coop, and have not played any of the dlc missions. I’m not at all saying that this is a fix for the time being, but I have not had one issue since exiting the game without going back to the main menu. I simply go to a safe house, hit the guide button, go back to the Xbox dashboard, and then close the game from there.
I have a strange feeling that this is a memory leak save issue and that exiting to the main menu of the game simply corrupts the save after a certain amount of time. It’s happened in other games and is leading me to believe that’s what’s possibly happening in this game as well. I have no idea if exiting to the dashboard and closing the game from there might also work in coop as I’m honestly afraid to try but for anyone willing to give this idea a shot and start over from scratch by completely deleting your current save might help the devs to pinpoint the problem. Simply don’t use the main menu of the game to exit once you’re done playing and see what happens. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m level 17 now in my new profile I haven’t touched multi player or new dlc and my game is fine maybe your right twice now more recently my game has crashed when quitting to main menu and kicks me straight out to the dashboard otherwise my file has been fine maybe I will start using your method just in case :+1:

my buddy and I had played co-op and completed the game. Purchased the FNIX dlc recently. now can’t log in…

Don’t delete your save. I have already made a new save when I ran into the issue before and it did it again. So no deleting your old save will not fix the issue entirely. I was able to go further into the game but nonetheless I’m crashing now.

I am also experiencing this issue where my game crashes and returns to the dashboard when attempting online login after pressing A button at the home screen.

1. My game save was created recently in the last 3-4 weeks.

2. I started solo and played about 2 hours but since then been playing multiplayer with 1 other player.

3. I only have the FNIX DLC installed.

4. Not tried this yet will try it and report back. Although I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game with no result.

5. I had no issues before purchasing the FNIX DLC. The problem started the day after purchasing the DLC.

6. The last mission played was peace by peace. I was playing multiplayer as the host. We had just reached the farmland region and only done FNIX missions in this region.

7. No the game didn’t crash while playing i turned the game off at the end of the night and the issue occurred when starting the game the next day.

8. The last mission I was playing was the peace by peace mission. I was half way though the mission when I exited the game at the end of the night.

9. The last session on the game I was playing multiplayer with 1 other player i was the hoas of the game and i have this issue but the other guest player doesn’t have the same issue and the game works fine for them and also has only the FNIX DLC installed. We are both playing on xbox one s consoles.

Yes. I have not bought the dlc but updated the game and now it won’t start. After selecting my profile the load screen appears with the spinning cassette wheels and then it crashes followed by kicking me to the dashboard.
I’ve tried Hard Resets and reinstalling the game but nothing fixes the issue.