[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

I don’t believe One2threekilll is going to delete his save but simply exit to the dashboard from now on and then close the game from there since it hasn’t crashed yet.
When you made your new save and then encountered the same crashing issue, did you continue exiting to the main menu of the game? My suggestion was to completely delete a non-working corrupted save and then start over but never use the main menu of the game to exit. I’ve been using this method for the last 10+ days and haven’t had one issue since. It’s simply just a suggestion. :slight_smile:

Look everyone im not going to lie but continuing to post about how your game is acting when the developers already came out and said they have enough gamertags in order to investigate the issue isnt going to make it go any faster… im not saying dont reply or comment im just saying that they realize that LOTS of people are having the same issues and issues in general and dont need to be reminded every day by someone new or someone wanting to complain about how if it’s not fixed they want their money back (which im sorry to say wouldn’t happen regardless due to the contracts and fine lines when buying a game from the online store…)

3 Likes

Just had this save issue with Crashing and not loading the game happen to me for the last 2 hours. Only had the game for about a week or 2 with no dlc. I just Reset my console from my controller and started up genZ seem to trigger the cloud save sync screen and now working and back playing again. Dunno if this will help anyone else or devs. But thought I’d share anyways

1 Like

I Will try it to see if it works for me

Edit: didn’t work for me but I will try a few more times and maybe a couple other things and see if I can get the sync screen to pop up.

Edit 2: I’m on Xbox so idk about others but I cleared my local saved game by going to Settings>System>Storage I got my syncing cloud saves to pop up but it crashed on 8% synced so idk if it works maybe it will for some but it didn’t work for me.

1 Like

My new profile just crashed 4 gold weapons character level 19 didn’t play any dlc missions or multi player it’s a cruel world :crazy_face:

Platform?

Also, did you get save file corruption? Or something else happened that you lost your progression?

1 Like

I think he’s on XBOX and was playing a guest account or on a new profile.

I made a second Xbox account the last few days I started getting crashes when exiting the game using the game menu same as before crashes at the cassette tape load screen

Same issue topics merged.

Also, thank you for additional info.

//Mod

What you’re doing is what I used to do. That crashed mine. That was the first save. 2nd save which lasted longer than the first was exiting to the main menu.

Interesting. Just from my own experience and being able to play the game for the last 10+ days now without a problem was leading me to believe it was a memory leak save issue somehow tied into the main menu of the game. That’s simply why I was suggesting not using the main menu other than the initial load.
Guess I’ll just keep my fingers crossed and keep playing until the devs come up with a fix. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone - I’ll jump right to it: We have some good news!

Thanks to all of your information in this thread, and especially folks that shared their save files with us (via the team at Xbox), we’ve gotten a good handle on what is happening during these crashes. What we saw is that the Mission system was doing some weird things when loading, which was causing a few different problems. We’ve made some headway on a solution and wanted to share our current progress.

Currently we have a tentative solution that we’re still testing heavily that alleviates the constant crashing. The real upside though is that your save file won’t be broken, so you will be able to continue on without complete data loss. We’re currently heavily testing the shared saves to see if there have been any knock-on effects of this fix but as of now we haven’t seen anything - but we want to keep checking a bit longer to be sure.

We will keep you updated here and via our other channels as we keep pushing through this - but things are looking up. Let’s not celebrate just yet, but let’s be optimistic!

Thanks and speak soon!

-Paul

26 Likes

Its impossible to play with 3 other player untîl the game crash Everytime( on xbox) with 2 other player too​:sob::sob:, but with only 1 friend its ok​:grin::grin:

Glad to hear it, can’t wait to play the game again but take all the time you need! We’ve waited this long so no harm in making sure everything is green to go before launch!

4 Likes

Thank you for the ongoing update Paul.

3 Likes

Thank you for the good news.

3 Likes

Thank you this is wonderful news

3 Likes

Thanks very much for the efforts of the tech people and for keeping us informed. Excited to play again when it’s ready.

5 Likes

Thank you for the update. I did start a new game with another profile but after a while game started stuttering and slowing down. After the second time it crashed for good. On the profile loading screen. So I’ll have to wait for a fix before playing again. I hope it won’t be too long

2 Likes

Hi everyone, loving he game, ive come back to being able to play again after few days and my online profile or saved data has either become corrupted or somthing, my game freezes every time i get to the logging in screen then back to home page, i can’t play but when i login as a guest it works fine, anyone help fix it i would muchly appreciate it

1 Like