[XB1] Game Crashing on sign-in / continue (post update FNIX Rising)

I can confirm this is a real issue, and this is caused by numerous things according to my research. As an Xbox player, there seems to be no way to reverse this at all, as it seems to be linked to the profile. I can have my roommate log into the game on his profile fine, however, upon trying mine again I get to the Play as SgtNarly screen, click A, and crash during the loading cassette screen everytime, on two different xbox platforms.

I have uninstalled Re installed on both. Tried to clear save data, but the cloud link seems to be the problem here. It seems to have literally broken my profile data on this game, and Im not sure if there is anyway to fix it on the console. Steam players can completely rip out any cloud save data and start over (still not ideal after 20+ hours of play) but at least they can get back in. I have tried everything I can think of with console and the only thing that works is completely creating a new xbox account.

All that happened to cause this, I got the update yesterday morning, joined a friend’s game. Friend disconnected which booted me then crashed the game. I didnt lose power, didnt interrupt a save that I could tell. Something needs to be fixed here.

2 Likes

Just to confirm that I am also getting the same problem on the Xbox, Log in account press A to log in cassette appears to load and then crash. Only happens as of buying the FNIX DLC.

3 Likes

Does anyone have this happen without buying the FNIX dlc?

2 Likes

Some friends and I have just had six attempts to get four players in to the same session on Xbox, resulting in a crash to dashboard every time for ALL players, regardless of who was hosting.

Everything seemed be fine until the fourth player joined, then regardless of who it was the game froze for all players, stuttering audio and then a crash to desktop.

We repeated this with different hosts and different joining order but the result was the same as soon as the last player joined.

We each had the DLC installed, 3 players on XB1X and 1 on XB1S.

1 Like

Oh that’s great news for this weekend when all 4 of us take on 256 rivals.

FFS

1 Like

3 was fine, but 4th player crashed it every single time. So frustrating.

This has to be the same issue that they’re having with the PS4 version.

Good shout Obi. Multiplayer merging was the issue

1 Like

Same issue topics merged.

Also, any other reports about Xbox crashes post-FNIX Rising update are also merged here, so that the devs would have one, neat topic, from where to gather user data.

//Mod

Hi All,

Up until yesterday the game was working fine. I had to take a call and came back to the game after 15 to 20 mins. The game played for a few seconds then kicked me out to the Xbox homepage. I tried restarting the game and it get to the log in page "Play as … ", I click A to continue, The pages changes to logging in page then It makes a sound like someone is killing an old dial up modem.

Anyone got an idea of how to fix this or has my save game become corrupted?

I have also tried re-installing but the result is the same.

1 Like

Another merge.

//Mod

Platform: XB1

Similar issue. Game was running seamlessly pre-FNIX Rising, now the frame rate is shocking and it crashes/freezes every 20 minutes or so. Game went from absolutely stunning to basically unplayable, which is a real shame as it was incredible pre-update. Hope this gets sorted soon :metal:

1 Like

I can only speak for myself but I had zero problems with crashing, freezing or even frame rate issues (regardless of how many robots present) before purchasing FNIX Rising. Afterwards the whole thing went… well… it just doesn’t work :joy:

1 Like

Seems there is a pretty large issue here that is starting to hit more and more. Hope they fix it soon

1 Like

So I’m on Xbox, my issues is I have 2 Xbox consoles. The game was running fine until I tried to play on my second Xbox. The game synced up when I logged into my profile but when I went to play almost all of my challenges were reset. I still have all of the rewards from completed challenges minus titles but ones that had progress were reset. Not a big hassle but on the collectible challenges I have collectibles but no credit for those I have already…

Ok I don’t under stand why can’t play. so i’ll explain when i’m on xbox home and I click on generation zero and then I load to profile log on and then I login it goes to black loading screen and then freezes and crashes and it only started to happen when I installed the new update so don’t no what to do I need help I don’t want to delete it and lose all my progress

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Same, currently i have no problems at all.
I think i’ll delay getting the dlc until there’s a fix

1 Like

Having same problem on Xbox One X to change to another character and game crashed after I selected my character and hit continue. I was in Masskar and had just armored the truck and went in the previously locked door when I quit my game. Now I’m getting crashing on profile login. I can also play if I select a profile on my Xbox that did not previously ever log into the game.

After purchasing and playing fnix rising on release with no crashes. After coming back to it and clicking continue or selecting a character during loading the game hard crashes. It just freezes and takes you to the homescreen.

This happened 5 times consecutively in the exact same amount of time everytime. This isn’t just me experiencing this issue as a handfull of others are also experiencing this.

It is strictly after getting fnix because i asked a friend if mine who plays the game but hasn’t gotten fnix if everything was ok and it was fine.

Please fix this quickly as i really want to be playing the game and alot of xbox players are going to be disappointed.

2 Likes