[Xbox] Game crashing reports post hotfix

Multiple times in less than an hour (3+ Crashes) have occurred while a military tank starts its shockwave attack. This is annoying because it will sometimes crash right before I kill the tank and then I have to restart completely from the start.

Sounds like it could be related to the crashing issues on Xbox, so I’ve merged this with the main thread concerning these reports. Fortunately, an update arrives on November 5th that should correct this, so stay tuned.

//Mod

1 Like

Platform: Xbox

Description: Game crashes when near Tank

Steps To Reproduce: Be near a tank, shoot off some parts and it seems to just crash the game, it could also be the tick deployment. After some personal testing it seems that destroying tick deployment box things seems to allow me to kill the tank.

Host or Client: Host

Players in your game: 1 other player, but it happens with any amount of players

Basically have to avoid fighting tanks to go through the game and that is kinda annoying

Game will be updated TOMORROW.
If issue remains or new Issues arise please report them.

2 Likes

Same issue topics merged.

//Mod

Yes @Mr_A1992

Yes I will.

Hey guys :wave:

There should be an update for you NOW on XBOX.

As @Mr_A1992 says, IF the frequent crashes still occur after the update please let us know in this thread.

Likewise, if you notice that the crashes have stopped occurring as described in this thread that’d be interesting to know as well and worth sharing.

Thanks for reporting, thank you for your time and hope you’ll enjoy the new update :pray:

2 Likes

I installed the update today and attempted to login after. I still had the same issue as before where the game froze after I hit “A” to sign in.

I then tried a guest profile as well, and it got past that issue. Not sure if this means deleting my game/save is the only solution, but I will probably give it a try and see what happens.

Update: I deleted my save data but it had no effect. It still crashed when I tried to login.

Still works on any other profile

Any chance that your xbox profile may be corrupt, since you say it works on the guest profile?

Might find a solution here:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/game-issues-solution

(Not used to the Xbox at all, so excuse my noob questions.)

Game still crashing on start up login, another update passed us by without a real solution to a game breaking problem.

Steps to reproduce: Be one unfortunate enough to have your game decide to crash on log in.

Your advice is appreciated, but no, Xbox’s support can’t help with game developer side problems. It’s not an issue of corrupt hard data either.

When you deleted your save did you so the “Delete from Everywhere” option? The standard delete just deleted the local file and redownloads a backup.

Which is fine normally, but if your broken save has been uploaded to the cloud backup then it’s not going to fix your problem.

Just make sure to delete your save from everywhere.

If you already did that then… I haven’t a clue. Sorry!

I deleted my profile, the game and saves, and then reinstalled everything fresh. Still nothing unfortunately. I can sign in on a guest account linked to my own profile, but the profile itself.

It always freezes when it gets to the “Logging on. Performing online login…”

This new update has rendered this game unplayable. Before my only problem was the crashing randomly every 10-25 mins. Now it still sometimes does that but whenever you run into any enemies the whole game slows down, lags for all players. If you respawn in an area with no guys then it’s fine. When it’s lagging it is unplayable.

Another issue we saw was it would randomly kick people out of the game. One player quit for the night and the other guy I was still playing with was booted because it said the host left. I was the host and still playing. At one point those same two players couldn’t see each other on the map or during game play but I could see both of them.

Another thing was the robot bodies would disappear after killing maybe 50% of the time. We only played for an hour. I think it’s time to find a new game. It worked fine before the update over a month ago and that hot fix.

We had all of these issues no matter which one of us started a new game. The echo in the headset is a whole other thing but that might be an Xbox specific thing. Altogether it’s very frustrating. We waited over a month to enjoy this game again and it’s way worse. It’s not intermittent it’s every time we play even after restarts.

Crashed to Desktop

Was on Himfjäll Island Region running to catch up to a tank.
No fighting just running.
Xbox 1 X up to date
Game: Nov 2020 update

Topic merged with relevant topic.

//Mod

Hey everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We seemed to of fixed this issue for most players, but we want to make sure we can fix it for everybody. If you have any additional information to share about this issue, please continue to post it.

To be able to investigate this issue further internally, we need the savegame files from all of those who were effected. Unfortunately, you can’t directly send them to us. They are saved locally to your XBOX and on your XBOX Cloud. To help us get them, we need your GamerTag and written permission to allow us to retrieve your savegame files from your cloud saves on XBOX.

To help us with this, please private message me with your GamerTag and written permission. Please don’t post them here in this thread.