Xbox Game Pass PC - Failed to Connect to multiplayer or session if full

Yeah that would be awesome. I have some friends that play on steam and they stopped playing because I couldn’t join them :confused:

I have the same issue. We are on different versions since the last update for gamepass for PC.
3 of my mates are playing on Xbox and I’m on PC.
I am on version V.2264534 and they are on V.2263976

This is rubbish. Its been this way for WEEKS now and there isnt even any comments to say they are working on anything.

**Platform:**Gamepass for PC

Description:
Unable to join specific sessions but I can join random multiplayer sessions. I can’t accept invites.

Steps To Reproduce:
Open game, try to join ANY game invite.

Images / Videos:
Error code was provided by original poster

Host or Client:
PC - Windows 10

Players in your game:
None, I can’t join one

Specifications:
Nvidia 3070
AMD 3700x
32GB DDR3

The game runs fine. I just dont have any way to connect to my friends who play on Xbox

1 Like

Is there an ETA yet?

None as far as I can tell. I have seen a mod going around the comments saying things like “are you in a different country”, “Is your NAT set to open” and “Is your network ok?”.
It has been since the last update on 12/05/2022 that I have had this issue as well. So it has gone on for almost a month.
I am convinced it has something to do with crossplay and the versions being different on Xbox vs PC (Both Gamepass).
I can’t connect locally or on cloud, are you getting the same thing?

As you can see from this thread, there is no way to get it working until the New Dawn update drops, when that is we dont know, where it should get fixed as both Xbox and PC Gamepass/MS store are up to date and on same version.

1 Like

You should wait for the New Dawn update.

1 Like

Nothing yet, sorry. Will hopefully be with the next update though!

2 Likes

I have this same issue tried so many different things I’ve given up seems to be an issue with pc to xbox connection and I can’t figure out why.

Looking forward to the update!

There’s nothing you can do unfortunately, it was caused by a faulty update to the Windows 10 PC version back in May. All we can do is wait for the next update.

i want to play with my friends but can’t good working someone can help me thanks..

Please wait for New Dawn update.

Small update, this is confirmed to be fixed with the next update (will be here soon)!

3 Likes

Created a forum account to report the same bug. We had a game night planned with Generation Zero being the game we planed to play. 2 of us on xbox and 2 of us on pc.
We got the xbox party chat working and set up on the pc/xbox.
We then tried to play Generation zero…constantly getting that error. We tried port forwarding, we tried re-installing. we tried each of us hosting…thats when we noticed that the 2 of us on xbox could join each other and the 2 of us on pc could join each other…

We double checked and yep its a cross play title. further checking and we found that the version number on the xbox did not match the pc one… pc mates tried to update windows, me and my mate tried clearing the xbox cache etc… no go.

Time had run out on us, games night was at an end.

I promised I would look into it before our next games night (2 weeks away, as adults its hard to get the time to game together these days)

So you can imagine how annoyed I am right now to see that this has been a known issue for over a month! While I understand that things take time to fix, at the VERY least add a message to the multiplayer screen letting people know that corsplay is not working at the minute. Had we had that information we would of played something else.

1 Like

This issue should be resolved by June 23, because that’s when the New Dawn Update that borked Gamepass releases for real on every platform. Everyone will be on the same version then.

Well, hopefully anyway.

1 Like

Hope so, if not it would be a good idea for them to add a note to the multiplayer screen (or the error message) to let people know crossplay is currently not working. Doubt we are the only people to try everything to get the game to work, unaware that the game was actually broken.

2 Likes

Confirmed - Using the Cloud Gaming for Xbox Game Pass for PC will in fact allow you to play with other xboxs and will promptly delete your existing save file in the process.

Also launching the PC version will cause the save file to be updated and is then deleted next time you again launch the cloud version.

Can anyone say how long until this next update?

Almost exactly 24 hours. To be precise, its around 30 hours from this comment being made.

2 Likes

Not seeing an update on the xbox? Is the update on the pc side?
We are hoping to play it in about an hour lol