Xezr's Hardcore Mode [Updated]

Well, you never did pick up the second pistol in the back of the police car, did you? Did you ever pick up the K-Pist that’s in the field by the lorry the other side of the Sports Pitch - see? It’s not so bad and that Sothalmon (something like that) Naval Base isn’t so far - that’s Weop’n Heav’n! At least for two stars! You’ll be fine!

I picked up the Glock atop the kiosk, then made my way to Salthamn where I found a .243 rifle and a scope. Not far from there, a 2* AG4. Then I faced a Tank at Saltholmen Church and got annihilated. None of those weapons will be there the next time I try it, making it even harder…

Whatever were you messing with a tank for??? NOT THE MISSION! Focus!!! :smiley:

My latest champion, 37 years old, father of five Örjan, is ready to take on Östertörn. Together with his ample supply of Boomboxes he will bring victory against the Machines with the aid of music.

2 Likes

Good luck with that. I’m starting another one in a couple of days - I’ll let you know how I get on…

1 Like

Made my start.

Here’s my dude, looking lost.

Here’s my dude at the end of the day, looking sharper - ready for a good sleep at my favourite safe house, having downed a Rival and eight Hunters. Onward and upward - half a skill point already…

NOW we’re cookin’ on gas…!

Lucky I had one more look at the forum before I went to my bed! My favourite safe house is 300 yards away from the white car! 5* .50cal, 5* sight, and five rounds of ammunition. Okay, then, all the way to Normyra to find some ammo! I reckon I can sneak in round the back…

Nice idea.

How about you being able to use one storage box at a safe house of your choosing but… only in that one safe house.

Would allow you to have a base to store and swap items and then hunt from but you always have to come back to that one safe house for dropping stuff off / restocking if you are getting low and savaging is not going well…

I am only lvl 12 now so a fair way to go in the actual game before trying this mode :smile:

Bless you, create a new character now, start at the beginning - do different-type quests, and leave the missions to your main character. It teaches you heaps about survival and how to think and move.

Not a bad idea actually; add it as a modifier to the Challenge :slight_smile:

Doin’ good. Örjan has reached Level 4, and just raided Muskudden Navalbase for some much needed better gear. There’s been a few close calls so far, but I’ve gotten through them on a mixture of stealth, careful planning and luck.

Skills:

1 Like

Do not know why you carry binos and waste a space with them, when you’ve got a telecope on the weapon? That’s another five grenades, or another four rockets.

Because the binoculars provide a wider field of view, variable zoom and and greater zoom level than most scopes? Also, the view is always crystal clear, you don’t have to rely on finding a scope of suitable quality.

I suppose, but I’m not sure. I shan’t need them on this round, since I’ve got the 5* scope from the white car, but even so, I’d rather a couple of mines.

OBITUARY

Name: Örjan
Days survived: 12
Tanks killed: 2 Military, 2 FNIX
Harvesters killed: 4 Military, 2 FNIX
Hunters killed: Too many to count
Apocalypse Hunters killed: 2
Rivals killed: 3 (1 Level 4 Apoc Hunter, 1 Level 2 FNIX Harvester, 1 Level 1 Military Hunter)
Achieved level: 11

Killed by: FNIX Hunter

Skills:

Final Inventory:

New champion! Her name’s Berit, she’s 34 years old and she’s worked as an accountant all her life with little to no family ties or friends to speak of. How will she fare when we drop her off at Karl-Erik Lighthouse north-west of Norrmyra?

OBITUARY

Name: Berit
Days survived: 1 long night
Achieved level: 1

Killed by: FNIX Harvester

Final Inventory:

Addendum:

After I left the Lighthouse I was surrounded in nearly all directions by patrolling FNIX Tanks. It was night, and various patrols of Seekers made it extra difficult. Through a stroke of luck I gained an early good weapon from an Apocalypse Runner, the Kvm 89. But taking on the two Harvesters inside the arena proved to be a fatal mistake.

Conclusion: Don’t mess with Norrmyra Artillery Base.

A little confused.

Lvl 1 and all inventory slots unlocked ?

I take it you have moved away from the self imposed limited inventory as well.

I am very tempted to try this but should really complete the main story first :grinning:. I am just finding myself stuck (by choice) running around Alpine Unrest at lvl 14 now. Doing more missions than bot killing.

No, it’s just to show all the items and mods I had equipped in total.

Ok… now I am full of questions.

Probably just something blindly obvious I have missed.

How did the Lvl 1 char unlock two points on inventory expansion unless you dressed another higher level character up to look like your lvl 1 which already had them unlocked so you could show the inventory ?.

Your lvl 14 has two points on inventory. One I can understand to enable you to get further down the tree but not sure why you preferred to put the second in there rather than on something else when you aren’t using those slots.

err, also, as shown in the screen shot above, your lvl 1 isn’t using any of the two unlockable rows in order to show all the items.

Purely curious, nothing more.